The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injuries injuries injuries

5 posters

Go down

Injuries injuries injuries Empty Injuries injuries injuries

Post by TipToes88 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

Well we can now add Papac and Jelavic to our list of injuries.

Reckon any chance of achieving....well anything in early months of the season are pretty much fooked.

oh dear

Looks like our younger boys are going to get some match time after all. Any thoughts on how we can fill the now gaping holes at the back?

*que supers "well you achieve nothing in europe every year anyway blah blah" thumbsup

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Injuries injuries injuries Empty Re: Injuries injuries injuries

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

The only way to fill these holes is to stump up the money for the Bulgarian, and bring in another defender too, i think we need another striker, maybe two if Lafferty goes.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

Lafferty has been a terrible signing in addition to being a thoroughly unpleasant player who gives people good reason to dislike the team.
Injuries are part of the game which is why you have a squad although I think you have been a little caught out by the number of players who have justifiably rejected a move.
Unless Shooter McGavin gets his chequebook out and starts paying the asking price then its going to be a poor season for you, especially with Norman Wisdom at the helm.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:25 pm

He does look a bit like shooter... Headscratch I'd never noticed before.

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

super_realist wrote:Lafferty has been a terrible signing in addition to being a thoroughly unpleasant player who gives people good reason to dislike the team.
Injuries are part of the game which is why you have a squad although I think you have been a little caught out by the number of players who have justifiably rejected a move.
Unless Shooter McGavin gets his chequebook out and starts paying the asking price then its going to be a poor season for you, especially with Norman Wisdom at the helm.

I think you're right, we need fresh faces, that was made clear at the end of last season. I'm not sure if he's looking at the success of the team but that's wrong. Having the same group of players for a period is a good thing, but not too long. They could go on a great run but you need players to change it before fatigue sets in.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:42 pm

Gregg Wylde is a fantastic player but I see him more as a left sided midfielder rather than a left back.

You'll seriously miss Jelavic. His physical presence up front will not be replaced.

Is the title Celtic's to lose this season?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Gregg Wylde is a fantastic player but I see him more as a left sided midfielder rather than a left back.

You'll seriously miss Jelavic. His physical presence up front will not be replaced.

Is the title Celtic's to lose this season?

Think i'll have to wait until the end of the transfer window to answer that, the way things stand, i believe it's Celtic's to lose.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Aug 2011, 12:33 am

Its far to early to be saying its Celtics to lose, Celtic last season got more points than they have since 05 and that total would have won the last 6 titles yet Rangers pipped them, Rangers have grinded results out week in week out for as long as I can remember, I personally think Celtic will win the league but it will be a scrap

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Who knows, I hope not but I gotta say it may be a tough year for us Gers. This year is going to be full pressure saying as the winner gets seeded in europe and will have the extra reddies to chuck at players

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down