The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Fun

+3
Taylorman
OzT
Biltong
7 posters

Go down

Friday Fun Empty Friday Fun

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:04 am

It is 8h46 in the good old RS of A, there is nothing going on, no banter, no arguments, no opinions, and absolutely no evidence of a sense of humour.

So for today kids, we will discuss the following.

On 606v2 who is

1. the blogger/s that disagrees with you all the time?

2. the person/s you enjoy debating the most?

3. the person/s you learn most from the about rugby?

4. the person/s you find the funniest or most witty?

Please keep it civil and no throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Mine

1. The Irish, they always want to beat the Springboks (does sound a little desperate at times) Hug

2. Taylorman, a serious New Zealander, takes his rugby like he takes his sense of humour, Serious ( just joking)
Get it? Cool

3. Alan Mackie aka emack aka Emack2, an encyclopedia of historical knowledge, but doesn't like the world cup. Shocked What? Who doesn't like the world cup?

4. Greyghost, about as diplomatic as an uncouth youth, and then suddenly the typical example of eloquence and wit.
There is a battle raging from within. boxing

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Friday Fun Empty Re: Friday Fun

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

1 and 2 I don't really know so no comment there.

3 used to be a kiwi called south something or other on old 606, don't know if he came over here. and obviously Alan/emack. I find you biltong good to know what's grassroot in SA.

4 Defo GG for witt.Though nottins can be good for a spar, and penfropete, alongas100, LDCPetet and the englanfglory bloke I enjoy.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Evening biltong. Its 8pm on a friday night here in wellington and on our maori tv channel right now is 'beneath the maori moon' a doc. A selection of the best maori players so settling in for that. Seen it before but great stuff.
In any case some tough ones there. I must tone down the seriousness a bit cos thats not me normally.
I probably have a few that always disagree with me. Whenever i have a go at the NH i get it back and rightfully so.
You would be the most insightful and how you manage to keep an objective tone i dont know.
I try but get carried away a bit.
I had a real barmy with pjholyoake on the old 606 but we managed to sort that and i like his humour.
Im always trying to pick holes in alans posts but usually resign to his experience of pure knowledge-particularly from afar.
Kia is the voice of reason for us kiwis and laurie seems to have a similar experience of rugby in auckland that i grew up with.
Grey ghost is an enigma. Lately though has come up with some gems when topic isnt england or refs. I enjoy the oz comments of rob and boomeranga as the old 606 was a little short on our anzac mates.
Ive decided im going to take a more laid back approach on these boards and have a few laughs. Well i will certainly try to.
Good luck tomorrow biltong. I think sa will be too strong but only if they start well.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

Taylorman wrote:
Good luck tomorrow biltong. I think sa will be too strong but only if they start well.

Now what happened to the anzac spirit and of supporting, always, your bigger cousin over the ditch then huh??

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Taylorman wrote:In any case some tough ones there. I must tone down the seriousness a bit cos thats not me normally.
how you manage to keep an objective tone i dont know - I try but get carried away a bit. - Ive decided im going to take a more laid back approach on these boards and have a few laughs. - Well i will certainly try to.

Taylorman, when I was younger, I lived life by what my teams achieved. The best weekend for me was to watch as much sport as I could, and my passion was so one eyed and fierce, that it would spoil my whole weekend when my teams lost. I used to blame the referees, the coaches ( still do sometimes) and generally was quite a sore loser.

Perhaps it is age.

When I got married, I realised that sport is not the be all and end all, and perhaps stopping to support a local province has helped me to become objective.

I now look at the facts, the form, and listen to other peoples opinions much more than ever before. I can now say that as life starts to find balance, and I am sure we all find it at some point during our lives, I enjoy more things in moderation than any time before. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:38 am

Whats happened to ewb? he was so bad was always worth a laugh.
Plus panama hasnt dropped by yet.
On the nz. Sa match looks like it will be kahui and sbw against jdv and fourie. That will be worth watching.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

OzT wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Now what happened to the anzac spirit and of supporting, always, your bigger cousin over the ditch then huh??

Smile

OzT, we are having a private moment, go to bed, isn't it night time in Oz as well. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:46 am

No mate, I am in England..... So tomorrow's game will be 16:30 here

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:46 am

Hi ozt. Its just that one of our own, your coach, has me confused. Hes taken his top side to SA. When i dont see why. SA will be fresh for this and oz had s tough time last week.
This should be the match oz forfeit so to speak then focus on brisbane.
If they suffer injuries deans will cop it.

Just cant see them getting this one as SA at home wanting this more

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

Taylorman, maybe Deans is inbetween a rock and a hard place. His depth as we all know was mullered by Samoa, and he doesn't need injuries, so he must take the risk.

Perhaps due to the criticism that was thrown at PDV by the Ozzie media for sending a b team, has now come back to haunt him.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

No taylorman, i am glad he has brought, waht he thinks anyway, a top side. Not keen on throwing matches, and last time he did this a couple of years ago to save the side for the final game against your lot, which we still lost incidently, we were humilated by about 40 points.

I don't want to live thru that again, though of course if out top side stil got thrashed it'll be harder to take.

But I think he's learnt from that to play his best side, specially with a hard game against your lot next week, if we get thru that I am sure it will only harden the boys and make the side stronger for the RWC, in spirit at least even if not in bodies due to injuries.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:24 pm

Yeah hard to go past Emack for knowledge.
Not sure whose the funniest but GGs not as funny as he thinks I reckon.
Kia's a good sort
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

1,People who worry more about my prose style than my Rugby Knowledge
2.Taylor man and Biltong specifically,but anyone who wants a sensible
debate/argument i`m happy to oblige.
3. Any one who can teach me about Rugby History especially SA,used to follow Western Province a bit back in the old days.
4. Grey Ghost is good for a laugh,and when not on a rant knows his NZ Rugby

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

On 606v2 who is

Depending on the subject Sin E, Nottins or Beshocked maybe.

It's all good though. If we all had the same opinion there'd be no point coming here guinness .

Sin E, he has a stat for everything.

3. the person/s you learn most from the about rugby?

Hmm most of the Irish boys really know their stuff. Geoff knows everything about Ulster rugby and quite a bit about Irish rugby too.

It's got to be GreyGhost. Someday I'm going to fall off my seat laughing and get the sack Laugh. Portnoy would be up there too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 13 Aug 2011, 7:00 am

Red Stag

Red Stag

3. the person/s you learn most from the about
rugby?

Red Stag

Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down