The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons

+3
nickj
Geordie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
7 posters

Go down

Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons Empty Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 12 Aug - 8:49

For this weekend's friendly:

15 Peter Murchie

14 Tommy Seymour
13 Rob Dewey (CAPTAIN)
12 Troy Nathan
11 Colin Shaw

10 Scott Wight
9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Gordon Reid
2 Pat MacArthur
3 Ed Kalman
4 Tom Ryder
5 Nick Campbell
6 James Eddie
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Ryan Wilson

SUBSTITUTES

16 Finlay Gillies
17 Ryan Grant
18 Jon Welsh
19 Rob Harley
20 Duncan Weir
21 Colin Gregor
22 Peter Horne
23 Alex Dunbar

Other substitutes: Rory Pitman, Dave McCall, Stuart Hogg, Federico Aramburu, Ross Doneghan

Not considered due to injury: Mike Cusack (foot), Calum Forrester (knee), Fergus Thomson (shoulder).

Interesting to note that Ryan Grant and Rob Harley have been released from the Scotland training squad to sit on the bench - can't bode well for thier hopes to make the final 30

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons Empty Re: Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons

Post by Geordie Fri 12 Aug - 10:19

I still cant find our side for the game. But apparently Tait is planning on playing pretty much a different side in each half?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons Empty Re: Glasgow side to face Newcastle Falcons

Post by Geordie Fri 12 Aug - 10:56

Falcons Team...

1 Grant Shiells
2 Matt Thompson
3 Ashley Wells
4 Glen Townson
5 Tim Swinson
6 Will Welch
7 Redford Pennycook
8 Ally Hogg

9 Jordi Pasqualin
10 Greg Goosen
11 Ryan Shortland
12 Jamie Helleur
13 Luke Eves
14 Rikki Sheriffe
15 Alex Tait

Replacements
Darren Fearn
Joe Graham
Dan Frazier
Richard Boyle
Mark Wilson
Joe Robinson
Richard Mayhew
Will Chudley
Joel Hodgson
James Fitzpatrick
Chris Pilgrim
Luke Fielden

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 12 Aug - 14:18

I know its a friendly, but Dewey as captain?

Nice to see Nick Campbell getting a game, be great to see how he goes.

Campbell could play quite a few games during the RWC, unless they go for Harley in the 2nd row.

Worryingly light in the 2nd row with only Ryder to come in, while Gray and Kellock do the business.

Fingers crossed, it could be a tough start for the Warriors

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 12 Aug - 14:37

Also can anyone tell me if the Eddie situation is a 'money saving trick' or a genuine nice upexpected bonus for Sean and the Warriors?

ie. Eddie not being offered a contract by the Warriors and being told to find another club, then getting a 7's contract that enables the Warriors to include him in their squad

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 12 Aug - 17:48

I fear for Glasgow if that is their team in the Rabbo when the internationalists are away.

The Eddie situation is a total farce and a complete lack of joined up thinking - why say they're letting him go then a month later have him back in the squad on a 7s contract?? I don't even think he'll be that good playing 7s!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 13 Aug - 10:40

Well done Warriors. Seymour looked sharp and general fitness ok.

Need to agree with RDW re James Eddie - one of the reasons I am not renewing my season ticket and will pick my games. The SRU are 'pokling' Eddie's contract to suit the parlous state of finances. Boy will we need him in the next few months - a true Glasgow Warrior born and bred. Cool
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 13 Aug - 11:00

I'm still really disappointed we've lost Seymour, who I've always rated a good talent. He had a chance to stay but not too play too much with Danielli, Trimble, Gilroy all about.

I would have definitely wanted him in our squad for this season in an ideal world. He's decided to go to Scotland and make a name for himself over there, since there is a lot of back three talent and competition in Ulster and Ireland.

I'm delighted to see him start well over there and wish him every success.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 15 Aug - 9:04

Interestingly enough Seymor turned in a MOTM performance as a “confident” Glasgow comfortably overcame Newcastle Falcons.

match report

Furthermore, it seems the young full back Stuart Hogg made avery good impression crossing the white wash for the Warriors. Early days and not a competitive match but it is encouraging signs for Glasgow in a season they were widely expected to struggle in.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 15 Aug - 11:00

Two fairly young and inexperienced sides, but a win, even in pre-season, can only help the confidence of the Glasgow players - with 8 internationalists watching from the stands, let's hope that this is an early sign that things will be better than last season

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down