The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Brom offer deal to Owen Hargreaves

2 posters

Go down

West Brom offer deal to Owen Hargreaves Empty West Brom offer deal to Owen Hargreaves

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

West Brom have made an offer for injury-plagued former England midfielder Owen Hargreaves. Baggies boss Roy Hodgson has spoken to the 30-year-old and is waiting for the former Manchester United star to make a decision after he passed a medical. Hargreaves is looking to resurrect his career after being released by the Premier League champions.

Hodgson said: "Whether or not our offer is going to be interesting to him - that's what I don't know."

Dan Ashworth, West Brom's technical director, emailed an offer after club doctors assessed the fitness of the Canadian-born player.

Hargreaves, who won 42 caps for England, played just 39 times in almost four years at Old Trafford after a catalogue of knee problems. He recently used YouTube to post daily fitness videos in a bid to attract a new club.

Hodgson said: "I know Dan has emailed a proposal to Owen but I don't know what the proposal is. We made it clear: 'Look we've done the test, we agree with you that the knee's okay and you can play football. And of course if you'd like to come to play for us that would be lovely'. He was looked at by our doctor, Mark Gillett, who was at Chelsea, who's quite an eminent person in his field. He didn't go through a stringent medical, but he was looked at by someone who should know what he's talking about."

Leicester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson decided to call off his pursuit of the player to whom he gave his first England cap. Hargreaves has also been linked with Scottish champions Rangers, newly promoted QPR and various Major League Soccer sides in the United States.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14503439.stm

I have mixed feelings about this, should Hargreaves get back to full fitness he would be an awesome signing, but if they can't get him on a pay as you play deal they could waste a lot of money on him as I doubt he will ever come back to fitness again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

West Brom offer deal to Owen Hargreaves Empty Re: West Brom offer deal to Owen Hargreaves

Post by Mat Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

I hope he signs! Would be a fantastic signing, and if we can get him on a play as you play deal it's very low risk for us especially with the amount of cover we have in that position.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down