The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings

+6
D4thincarnation
Imperial Ghosty
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BoxingFan88
BALTIMORA
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
10 posters

Go down

Filipino Flash #2 P4P

Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Vote_lcap50%Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Vote_lcap50%Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 10

Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Empty Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Sun 20 Feb - 21:07

Current Ring P4P list:

1. Mr. Manny
2. Mr. Moneybags
3. Mr. Martinez
4. Mr. Marquez
5. Mr. Nonito

Clearly Mr. Moneybags is no longer active and due to be bumped off regardless of the controversial backdoor manner he wormed his back in the rankings in a vain attempt to reclaim the top spot.

Mr. Martinez has never beaten another Ring P4P fighter, nor has Mr. Marquez though both are stellar fighters.

That leaves Mr. Nonito who has not just beaten, but utterly obliterated two P4Pers in the undefeated Mr. Vic and the incomparable Mr. Montiel, neither of whom had ever been close to being utterly obliterated before until their fateful encounter with Mr. Nonito.

Just the factuals of the actual current state of boxing.

So, t'ain't a question of if Mr. Nonito is #2, clearly by incontestable default he is, but rather Ring Magazine has the integrity to officially feature Mr. HOFer Bob Arum promoted fighters as the clear #1 and #2 in a Golden Boy owned operation?

To Wit: The Street already knows, but what sayeth the Ring in their updated Rankings this week?

Yea or Nay?

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Empty Re: Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 20 Feb - 21:15

Paul Williams has been ranked P4P hasn't he? Who have Wladimir K or Andre Ward beaten who was P4P ranked? Wladimir has been considered top ten by some for a while, and Ward is creeping into some lists. Not that I'm saying your top two are wrong, because Donaire's demolition jobs on the two guys you mentioned are very impressive.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings Empty Re: Filipinos Now #1 & #2 in P4P Ratings

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 20 Feb - 21:59

Paul williams was most definitely a p4p when martinez destroyed him. However Nonito moved up in weight and knocked out the bigger guy. Donaire was just sensational and is a stonewall p4p number 2 in my book.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 20 Feb - 22:25

Williams was ranked p4p no5 when Martinez Ko'd him in two rounds. Marquez hasnt beaten a current top 10 p4per as no-one from the SFW or LW division is ranked that high right now. But he has beaten all his no1 contenders since moving to LW. Mayweather has beaten two p4p top ten opponents in the last 18 months so doesnt deserve to drop out just yet, the decisions he makes after his court case next month will determine that. Donaire has to be classed as no2 now after that spectacular win against a bigger p4per and divisional no1, hot on the heels of his 4th round stoppage of Sidorenko.

My current p4p top 5:

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Nonito Donaire Jr
3. Floyd Mayweather Jr
4. Sergio Martinez
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Feb - 22:39

Still got to have Mayweather number 2 and am still tempted to have Martinez and Marquez above Donaire too

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb - 23:01

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Thu 9 Jun - 22:04; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Feb - 23:12

Well until Mayweather is officially retired then he'll remain at number 2 D4

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb - 23:19

Deleted

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Feb - 23:44

Wasn't aware that Donaire has recently beaten two boxers who were ranked by ring magazine in the top 4 p4p ratings but suppose Mayweather is concerned so your never going to be impartial

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb - 23:56

Deleted

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Feb - 0:35

I'm not placing Donaire as high as number two just yet, although it's now totally impossible for anyone to place him lower than fifth. I'm keeping Mayweather at number two for now (although if he hasn't fought by the time summer rolls around I'll have to strike him off the list) and while I have Donair edging ahead of Martinez now, I'm still keeping Marquez a shade in front of him. That said, 118 lb is a strong division now, so there's plenty of scope for Donaire to establish himself as the heir to Pacquiao's throne with another good couple of wins at that weight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 21 Feb - 1:04

Donaire overtakes Marquez in my opinion - as Marquez looked slightly faded in quite a war over the non-p4p ranked Katsidis.

However he remains behind Martinez in my opinion - although its HUGELY close - in that Martinez has moved up to win the MW championship of the world, beating former p4p ranked Pavlik and then defending that title by stopping currently p4p ranked Williams in brutal fashion - and that combined with the weight jump from 154-160 combined with the hammering of the huge Pavlik - I reckon Martinez is good for his no3 spot.

There's certainly a good argument for putting Donaire ahead anyway though...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Thu 24 Feb - 19:33

I still have JMM at 3. Absolutelym smashing fighter.. great skills.

Wrongfully losing to pacquiao and getting beat by 150+ lbs version of floyd should not detract from his excellent record.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Thu 24 Feb - 21:22

Jamson wrote:
I still have JMM at 3. Absolutelym smashing fighter.. great skills.

Wrongfully losing to pacquiao and getting beat by 150+ lbs version of floyd should not detract from his excellent record.

~Mr. Jams, sir, it would appear that your understanding of the concept of P4P is as shaky as the upright position that Mr. Marquez fails to maintain every time he steps up in class.

With all the skills that YOU claim for Mr. Marquez, he has yet to post a comprehensive win over the 3 P4P fighters he has faced, instead repeatedly staining the canvas with his bum in each outing and needing admitted errors of judging and refereeing to maintain his Golden Boy P4P status that has understandably slipped in his twilight years.

That the hated opposition fighters of Top Rank now officially bookend the #1, #3 & #9, #10 Golden Boy Ring P4P rankings is a testament of overwhelming talent finally overcoming intractable politics.

The #2 slot is held in rigor mortis by the Golden Boy Mr. Moneybags who is on record of taking a another 2 yr vacation from boxing, unable to make a fight this year even if he wanted due to serial federal and state criminal charges against him.

In summary, Mr. Jams, please do note that the top two active Ring P4Pers are respectively Mr. Manny and Mr. Nonito, a done deal part of the historical record now that no amount wailing or wringing of limp hands can erase.

That you hold Mr. Marquez as #3 in your heart is a testament to your fidelity, sir, admirable however misplaced it may be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Fri 25 Feb - 14:33

ROFL.

So the P4P lists are done on activity now are they.. Jesus H Christ.. In that case Peter Buckley was P4P no.1 for a decade.

JMM is my number 3 because the only recent fight Ive seen him lose (in my opinion) is the fight against mayweather.. and there's no-one currently fighting under 154 who can beat floyd so that's no disgrace. He beat pacquiao twice but got screwed by the judges.. and unlike some I dont let the opinions of 3 idiots at ringside who most likely have got red rashes on their bottoms from the length or a Mr Arum affect my judgement.

KO wins against casamayor, Diaz, Katsidis are impressive.

He's done NOTHING in the ring to suggest that's he's anything but top 3.. he's also an absolute student of the game and a brilliant technical fighter who often clearly changes strategy mid-fight to adopt to different styles.

wonderful fighter.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Fri 25 Feb - 17:08

1- Floyd Mayweather Jnr
2- Manny Pacquiao
3- Juan Manuel Marquez
4- Nonito Donaire
5- Juan Manuel Lopez
6- Miguel Cotto
7- Vitali Klitschko
8- Bernhard Hopkins
9- Sergio Martinez
10- David Haye

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Fri 25 Feb - 19:34

Jamson wrote:ROFL.

So the P4P lists are done on activity now are they.. Jesus H Christ.. In that case Peter Buckley was P4P no.1 for a decade.

JMM is my number 3 because the only recent fight Ive seen him lose (in my opinion) is the fight against mayweather.. and there's no-one currently fighting under 154 who can beat floyd so that's no disgrace. He beat pacquiao twice but got screwed by the judges.. and unlike some I dont let the opinions of 3 idiots at ringside who most likely have got red rashes on their bottoms from the length or a Mr Arum affect my judgement.

KO wins against casamayor, Diaz, Katsidis are impressive.

He's done NOTHING in the ring to suggest that's he's anything but top 3.. he's also an absolute student of the game and a brilliant technical fighter who often clearly changes strategy mid-fight to adopt to different styles.

wonderful fighter.

~Why, Mr. Jams, sir, stating the obvious before swearing and then inserting an unrelated topic is the first refuge of a scoundrel.

Lack of activity is the reason that the first and original P4Per, Sugar Ray Robinson, no longer appears in Ring P4P updates. A well deserved D-U-H for you sir.

Again, with ALL the skills that YOU claim for Mr. Marquez, he has yet to post a comprehensive win over the 3 P4P fighters he has faced, instead repeatedly staining the canvas with his bum in each outing and needing admitted errors of judging and refereeing to maintain his Golden Boy P4P status…..

Derrick Gainer as one example is just as skilled if not more so, but nobody ever held him as an elite P4Per, a concept that you have failed to grasp yet again. Giovanni Segura and Juan Manuel Lopez round out the Ring rankings, and nobody ever raves about their silky skills sir because they are unrepentant KTFO artists first and foremost.

Yet nobody ever raved about Mr. Little Red Lopez as a top P4Per in his day because he was seen as a knockdown, drag out type of fighter who’s skillset relied in his ability to climb off the canvas and close the show with his vaunted right hand. Mr. Marquez is somewhere between these fighters, so let’s take a looksee into your examples.

Mr. Casa: A fraudulent fight sir when the ref jumped on his chest to prevent a stinker of a fight being officially scored as a draw and thus losing out on the Mr. Manny Sweepstakes running. Mr. Katsidis more deservedly deserves a win for knocking down Mr. Ol’ Man Casa much harder and more hurtfully if we want to take it out of the hands of the judges.

Mr. Diaz: The signature career win for Mr. Marquez, but he was badly beaten by a squat light swatting pressure fighter who’s style was predicted to age rapidly. Mr. Marquez needed an opportune cut to turn that fight around, and all due credit sir, but Mr. Diaz in the middle of a predictable career decline.

Mr. Katsidis: The tragic prefight problems of Mr. K well documented sir, but a nice “Little Red” comeback for Mr. Marquez after going down hard.

That Mr. Nonito has proven himself to be a brilliant boxer and puncher sir with much brighter signature wins over fellow elite P4Pers is without question at this juncture. That you prefer your old favorite is a sentimental right granted to you by The Creator that you profane, but based on boxing fundamentals and current rankings, your belief is just that and cannot otherwise be supported factually.

Perhaps a clue as to your “boxing” state of mind is YOUR ranking of Mr. David as P4P elite despite the precipitous decline in the quality of his career. It seems only you and your shadow Mr. "Evan"(s) have any particular interest in his latest tabloid rumours.
Jamson wrote:You can get WBA belts with 2,000 Tesco points these days

Yupsir, that and free pickings at any roadkill along side Mr. Thee Don King & your P4P rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Sat 26 Feb - 11:58

Again you're basing your opinions on judges scorecards.

I think he beat pacquiao twice.. therefore I have him at no.3

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Sun 27 Feb - 1:08

just a thought but if you have to fight other p4p's to stay high on the p4p list as others are saying why is manny pacqiuo still number one after beating the unranked josh clottey, antonio margarito and now shane moseley?

just a thought...

is it because you have to either beat the current no.1 to become the new one or be inherited due to the no.1 retiring.

for example if donair Ko'ed gamboa plus lopez next year and manny kept taking the type of fights hes taking i bet pac would still be number one, doesnt make sense to me (Y)

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down