The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It should be an event!

2 posters

Go down

It should be an event!  Empty It should be an event!

Post by UN03 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Not that the current events are getting tedious, but I came up with a few fun events I would love to see held.
-3,000 m team time trial- each country sends a team of four runners and run 3,000 as a team. The runners are timed as a team and the clock stops when the third runner crosses the line.
-400m steeple chase. Like 400m hurdles, but the runners do not run in lanes and only 4 athletes take part, in a sort of elimin ation competition.
- Alternate Decathlon- Keep things largely the same, but have a 3km run for the last event. Before this event give all of the runners time penalties depending on how many points they have. Eg. Roman Sebrele starts on 6500 points starts 20 secs behind the leader Trey Hardee.
-100m backwards run. Would be funny to watch- especially if you had freeview plus and you could rewind this and it would look like the runners were awkwardly running forwards.
Any More????

UN03

Back to top Go down

It should be an event!  Empty Re: It should be an event!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

In order to lighten the seriousness of athletics at the Olympics they could include the following events:

The 110 metres three legged hurdle race.
The 4x100 metres egg and spoon relay.
The 400m space hopper race.
The 3000m piggy-back race.
The pogo-stick pole vault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzymiyagh1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:37 pm

How about the 4 x marathon?!

Or the triple javelin?!

Or indeed, the hammer-time trial?! Whistle

Izzymiyagh1

Back to top Go down

Post by UN03 Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Don't know how the hammer time trail would work? The space hopper race sounds good, but instead of being fun I can imagine some teams taking it really seriously. I could really see the American winner crying on the top step and a new national holiday made while the American commentator proudly proclaims the US to be the greatest space hopping nation in the world!

UN03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Olympic Events:
I suppose they could collect pigeons from Trafalgar square and then release them in the main stadium. We could then have the Javelin Pigeon Skewing competition. The skewered pigeons could then be turned into pigeon pies and fed to the London poor.

The Hoodie 3000m Steeplechase. Each country has a hoodie who gets a 20 second head start. After 20 seconds an athlete dressed in blue and carrying a truncheon is released who is replaced by a fresh truncheon wielding athlete every 1000 m. The winner is the hoodie who finishes first without being coshed on the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzymiyagh1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 pm

That hoodie race, you missed something...they gotta be carrying fridge...

Izzymiyagh1

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzymiyagh1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 pm

...and it should be the 1500m steeplechase - 3000m would be a fridge too far Whistle

Izzymiyagh1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down