The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europa League

+3
User Name
asdral225
Celtic Warrior
7 posters

Go down

Europa League Empty Europa League

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:01

I'm sitting watching Hearts Vs. Tottenham in the Europa League.

2-0 Spurs after 13 minutes. This could be an absolute humping.

Loving the chants from the Spurs fans. So far we've had "You're supposed to be at home." and "Are you West Ham in disguise".

Disappointed as I want all of the Scottish teams to do well; but by no means surprised. This was always going to be a mauling.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Europa League Empty Re: Europa League

Post by asdral225 Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:18

Fulham 2 up at half time two goals in five minutes Hughes and Dempsey
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:40

Rangers 1 up at H/T.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:42

Paulo Sergio to be sacked by Mad Vlad by morning?

3-0 going on 7-0 to Spurs at half time...they are coasting.

0-0 Celtic...lively enough looking game.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:43

Fulham 3 up dempsey again
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:43

Hearts are pish!!!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:53

King Beer wrote:Hearts are pish!!!

OK Agreed. They have nothing about them at all. I despise Hearts.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 21:56

Rangers beaten again, this time by the Slovenian "giants". Hilarious.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 22:18

Oh look, a defeat and bawbag turns up.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 22:21

Surely you mean "another" defeat? Quite funny though, User Name, wasn't it? Time we gave up trying to play in Europe I think. It must be hard to think of ways to constantly defend your team.
As if losing to the minnows of Malmo wasn't bad enough, they've now been beaten by sticklebacks from Slovenia. Surely Rangers (and Celtic players) need to take a good hard look at themselves.
Coefficient will now be on a par with Albania and San Marino's
Jotters for McMoist.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 22:59

super_realist wrote:Surely you mean "another" defeat? Quite funny though, User Name, wasn't it? Time we gave up trying to play in Europe I think. It must be hard to think of ways to constantly defend your team.
As if losing to the minnows of Malmo wasn't bad enough, they've now been beaten by sticklebacks from Slovenia. Surely Rangers (and Celtic players) need to take a good hard look at themselves.
Coefficient will now be on a par with Albania and San Marino's
Jotters for McMoist.

I honestly don't get your ridiculous negativity. Rangers have gone out to Slovenia and lost. So what? EVERY team from that area isn't an easy game. The atmosphere, the stadium, the fans are all completely different out there and there have been many occasions that 'smaller' teams have beaten giants in their Baltic countries. Example, the great Barcelona lost to Belorussian 'giants' Bate. That makes them horrendous? No. Scottish football has been in decline for years, get over it and stop watching or following it because nobody cares about your constant belittling of Scottish football.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 23:20

I still dont know what team he supports, probably a diddy team thats why he's so bitter.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 6:41

User Name wrote:I still dont know what team he supports, probably a diddy team thats why he's so bitter.

Eh, Isn't that exactly the same bracket that Celtic and Rangers fall in to? Of course it is. Under no circumstances are the OF not diddy teams.
I only laugh about the funny performances of Celtic and Rangers because a sizeable portion of their fan base are still of the opinion that they are big teams with a European presence/pedigree, a right to be successful and who are also feared. Nothing could be further from the truth. I think a lot of teams will actively look and hope to draw the Old Firm (thats if they even heard of them) in Europe as they are a very soft touch indeed and a win is a.lmost guaranteed.
Of course a lot of fans are realistic about their chances, but far too many still think they are something they are not, vis a vis, like it or not, both are now "diddy teams" Very Happy

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:08

Frankly, the Hearts v Spurs game was ridiculously one sided. It was a bit like watching a premiership side taking on a League 2 or a non-league side in the FA Cup.
The gulf in class was massive. If Hearts are one of the better sides in Scotland, then heaven help the rest.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:15

I have to agree. It was like a training game for half of it. I think any honest Hearts fan (Or fan of other Scottish teams) would agree that Spurs were expected to humiliate them. I certainly never thought it would be anything other than a landslide victory for them.

I'm a Celtic fan...but I'm realistic enough to see where we are. I sincerely believe that we should have easily beaten that mob from last night. Not because I've never heard of them, but because I sat and watched the game and honestly believe a team like that should not be getting something from us.

A lot of it seems a mentality problem. Both OF teams have such a dismal recent record in Europe that we change personnel and tactics to try and play "The European Way". Stop that and just play to your own strengths.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:26

I think Hearts and Scottish football in general is getting an unfair bashing here. I'd expect that even the Hearts players would have known that this was the end of the road for them as soon as the draw was made so it's a bit boorish to slam them after the event.

I think Harry Redknapp summed it up perfectly when after the game he said "You have to be fair and realistic, we have obviously got better quality players who earn a lot more than their players. We go to Old Trafford on Monday and we will see a different game."

I also fancy Rangers to overturn their 2-1 deficit at home to Maribor and hope they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:00

Warrior, that's the sort of attitude that sets you up for a loss. Why should a 'team like that'd get nowhere near Celtic?
I doubt the name of Celtic is very well known amongst the sion players either. It was simply two very lowly teams playing one another from two poor leagues. Neither could be considered bigger than the other. The amount of fans you have means nothing on the pitch.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:27

super_realist wrote:Warrior, that's the sort of attitude that sets you up for a loss. Why should a 'team like that'd get nowhere near Celtic?
I doubt the name of Celtic is very well known amongst the sion players either. It was simply two very lowly teams playing one another from two poor leagues. Neither could be considered bigger than the other. The amount of fans you have means nothing on the pitch.

What you think the fact I'm basing it on the fact that I watched the game? FC Sion were not up to anything last night. They should have had half their team booked. We dominated the second half. THAT is why I am saying they shouldn't get near us. They deserved NOTHING from the game last night. Our inability to kill the game is what cost us.

I'm am not one of those that thinks "I've never heard of SION; they must be rubbish".

There are no easy games for the Old Firm in Europe, but on the basis of their play last night, Sion deserved nothing.

Stop trying to twist my words to suit your own agenda. You obviously have this opinion that all OF fans think they should walk every game. That is far from the truth.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 13:39

super_realist wrote:Warrior, that's the sort of attitude that sets you up for a loss. Why should a 'team like that'd get nowhere near Celtic?

Are you actually for real mate? Sion players never having heard of Celtic? Both clubs are massively well known around the world. Both have been in European cup finals in the past 5 or so years.

You'll only ever be happy with football when every club is like an English Premier League club. It isn't going to happen, that is the way football works. There are the big clubs and then the not so big clubs.

I do also like how you decided to completely ignore my post.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 19:00

Steve, take of the rose tinted glasses. Both are massively well known around the world, but it's nothing to do with what either has done in the past 10 years. It's all to do with ancient history.
How many teams can you name which have been in the Europa/UEFA cup final in the past decade. I doubt you'd even get a quarter. So why would you expect a Swiss, Italian, Greek, Estonian, Serbian or any other nationality to know much about either of the OF if that is the've even heard of them?

The OF might have been big clubs a few decades ago, but all they are now are provincial clubs with large fan bases. It's perfectly possible that anyone born in the last 30 years who lives outwith the British Isles will know next to nothing about them, after all, how much do you know about teams from the continent who only have domestic success to show for their efforts? People from those countries, look no more into our league then we do into theirs.

I also don't want every club to be like those in the EPL, I actually think football will eat itself eventually and we might get a more level playing field. Just to set the record straight. The reason I dislike Scottish Football is because A) Technically and physically the standard is exceptionally poor and getting worse and B) Many deluded fans of the OF think they are still big teams, have European standing and are somehow better than the likes of teams from Sweden, Slovenia etc. Clearly they are not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down