The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time For A Change

+2
Chazfazzer
legendkillar
6 posters

Go down

Time For A Change Empty Time For A Change

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Been a while since I have posted here. After the tournament that was Wimbledon, tennis in general in terms of the quality seems to have dropped off quite dramatically. It is a shame to view as well. Montreal was a let down. Djokovic won, and no question is the stand out player at the moment and no-one on current form can touch him. What I have found dissappointing is that Murray has not laid down his marker during these past few weeks with Nadal and Federer having wobbles. In fact no-one has really laid down a marker besides Djokovic. It is almost the quality has been sucked out of these players. Roddick and Melzer have fallen away towards the latter stages of the season. Nalbandian's return to form has gone shockingly out of the window. I don't really know what to make of it all. I think without doubt that the US Open needs a breakthrough star. Someone just to get the top 10 panicking. It all just seems to cosey for my liking.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Time For A Change Empty Re: Time For A Change

Post by Chazfazzer Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, some of the tennis I've seen has been shockingly bad. On Wednesday I played a tennis match in which I served about 10 double faults in the first set alone; I was mentally berating myself during that period and was thinking 'come on, you don't see the pros throwing away cheap points to the opposition like that, and that's why they're so successful', although probably with a few more swear words thrown in. I then got home to see the first two games of Nalbandian vs Murray in which Nalbandian served four double faults in one service game and made at least two or three groundstroke errors. Amateurish would be one word to describe it. It did make me feel somewhat better about my own performance, however!

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:14 pm

I agree Legend - fantastic to see Djokovic fulfilling his potential, but c'mon now Murray step up - it's a great opportunity.

Would love to see one or two of the younger guns make a noise at the USO, but not holding my breath!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 pm

But.. but...... it's the Golden Era. Isn't it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Don't start, Socal's gonna wake up soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Well I can't remember a month in the tennis calendar where the standard of tennis has actually been really poor. I just hope it picks up come US Open time.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Novak has gotten into the heads of Nadal and to lesser extent Murray. Roger due to his enormous ego and game that matches up a little better with Novak doesn't have that problem. Nadal is still suffering wimbeldon hangover, sometimes a big grandslam final loss isn't something you can just shake off.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:51 pm

hey LK

lol i agree with you there, alot of the current players need to retire and go coaching others. You don't see much hunger and spirit in alot of the top 50 players these days, but they always seem to get ranking points despite playing badly, cause of the strange points system.

Cmon new era, let's go already! Run
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 pm

socal, what I will say is that Djokovic has a fantastic opportunity to put himself in the list of greats within the next 18 months. He just seems to be the only player who is maintaining his good form.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down