The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should start backrow for France

5 posters

Go down

Who should start backrow for France Empty Who should start backrow for France

Post by Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Ok so we've seen France run out twice and seen Bonnaire, Dusatoir, Harinordoquy, Lakafia, Picamoles and Ouedraogo.

I think Dusatoir who is one of the toughest tacklers I've seen, should start along with Harinordoquy who has been a constant force in a chopping and changing team. After that its tough, I'd probably look to use Picamoles who plays for Toulouse - had a great game against Ireland.

What do you all think? What is Frances best backrow.
Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour

http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Back to top Go down

Who should start backrow for France Empty Re: Who should start backrow for France

Post by red_stag Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

Agree with that backrow. I hadn't expected Lakafia to make the cut with Harinordoquy and Picamoles both covering number 8. Ouedraogo is a big bloke, hadn't realised he was so physical when I see him on TV.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Who should start backrow for France Empty Re: Who should start backrow for France

Post by flankertye Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Always been Impressed with Ouedraogo, much more than Bonnaire.
Personally, I would go
6 Ouedraogo
7 Dusatoir
8 Harinordoquy
Would probably have Picamoles on the bench, with Harinordoquy moving to the flank.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

Didn't rate Picamoles against Ireland. He looked lacking in ball skills and would need to step up about 3 gears to make the starting 15. Bet he would play harder from the bench. I like flankertye's selection.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

aitchw wrote:Didn't rate Picamoles against Ireland. He looked lacking in ball skills and would need to step up about 3 gears to make the starting 15. Bet he would play harder from the bench. I like flankertye's selection.

Yet he made 106 metres which was comfortably the most of any player on the pitch and quite a few offloads which caused Ireland real trouble.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

Perhaps I am not looking past early stages in the game when he spilled ball at tackles and looked a bit lost from time to time. I'll happily grant he looked better as the game got going but I put that more down to Ireland being bettered generally around the park. I'm ignoring the last 15 mins or so when Ireland were allowed a bit of come back as France took their feet of the gas.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Yeahh, think as a second half sub he could do more damage with his running and offloading.
How I envy France and their strength in depth.
Does anyone know much about Lakafia?

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

He's a very good player but inexperienced. You gotta remember that at Biarritz he's starting at number 8 with Harinordoquy shifting to flanker to accomodate him. He's made it ahead of the iconic Chabal and was exposed in some tough Heineken Cup venues. He was very good against Ulster and Bath in Europe I thought.

http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:52 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Chabal. Yeah he's a just a mass of hair and beard, but I love watching him play.
Hmmm true, but Harinordoquy is just as effective on the openside flank in my opinion. Anyway, I really hope france knock out New Zealand. One of the few teams with the firepower to do it.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down