The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change's to next year's hurling league.

+6
Kingshu
RebelBhoy
Irish Curry
Ar aghaidh le cheile
Cari
dublfcynwa
10 posters

Go down

Change's to next year's hurling league. Empty Change's to next year's hurling league.

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:47 am

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/3/2008111447-hawk-eye-and-allianz-hurling-league-2012/1/

Not sure I would be happy with theese changes if I was a Limerick or Wexford fan.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Change's to next year's hurling league. Empty Re: Change's to next year's hurling league.

Post by Cari Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

ooh the new technology could make things interesting...but it is only a pilot scheme.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Change's to next year's hurling league. Empty Re: Change's to next year's hurling league.

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:53 pm

Hawkeye will only deal with two questions
1. Did the ball go over the goal line or
2. Did it go between the posts i.e. a valid point. It will not deal with the issue of the square ball.
The cost is 1/2 million and it is only to be installed in Croke Park.
Seems madness to spend this amount on a gismo to fix a non existent problem.
Would the money not be better spent on providing a number of coaches for the weaker counties for hurling.
After all look what 50 full time coaches have done for the dubs.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

[quote="Ar aghaidh le cheile"]Hawkeye will only deal with two questions
2. Did it go between the posts i.e. a valid point. It will not deal with the issue of the square ball.
Would the money not be better spent on providing a number of coaches for the weaker counties for hurling.
After all look what 50 full time coaches have done for the dubs.[/quote]

Lets face it the GAA does not exactly have those counties at the top of its "to do" list does it. This is just a way of taking away the critisim of the lack of technology in the sports(s) up to now.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:41 pm

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:Hawkeye will only deal with two questions
After all look what 50 full time coaches have done for the dubs.

amen, and futble in tipp
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 23 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

Waste of money, points and goals arn't a problem, the squareball is, but it won't judge square ball.

will the ref be allowed to stop the game to look at hawkeye?

I read an peice and it mentioned that it would solve the contraversal goals, and listed some square ball goals as an example, it was either a poor bit of research by the journalist, or it may be used for the square ball rule.

personally I don't like it, if it's just used at Croke Park the Dubs will have an advantage as they play there most.

It reminds me of Micky Harte complaining when one of his players recieved retrospective punishment for a league game that was on T.V after officials watched it back.

His point was that (retrospective punishment based on tv evidence) only punishes the bigger counties that get the tv camera's in, and not the smaller ones where there are none. A fair point I though you either have tv camera's for all games to be able to carry out retrospective punishment for all, or you do it for none.

seen as this is going to be used in only Croke park , It could create an unfair sitution, unless it's only used in final and semi finals.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

Kingshu wrote: ...if it's just used at Croke Park the Dubs will have an advantage as they play there most.

....seen as this is going to be used in only Croke park , It could create an unfair sitution, unless it's only used in final and semi finals.

It is only being piloted at Croke Park, and I'm assuming that's just because it's GAA headquarters - that would be a logical location to pilot such a scheme. As for an unfair advantage, bear in mind that this technology could easily go against Dublin players too. It's not there to create an advantage for anyone, but to aid the officials. They could stop play so that technology can be looked at - such as they do in rugby when the referee refers to the TMO, or they will use this technology to examine an incident after the game to decide on appropriate action. The fact that it is being piloted, should highlight any issues with using such technology, so it might not get used again at all.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

I did'nt really take much notice of the hawk eye bit, I was more interested in the fact that Limerick wont be playing the top division despite being promoted last year and Wexford will be in the second tier when they never got relegated. I was listening to the Limerick u21 manager on tsg and he think's they(senoir team) hurled all last year's league for absolutley nothing and I would agree with him.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

amen, and futble in tipp[/quote]

Don't be bold and stop trying to wind me up rebel. It's all our own money and hard work, we got jacksh.t from HQ.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

Poor Limerick, all their hard work this year has been for nothing. I know we say the league isn't that important but try telling that to Dublin and to the teams who are rebuilding. I swear HQ have sh.. for brains.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

bluemoda wrote:amen, and futble in tipp

Don't be bold and stop trying to wind me up rebel. It's all our own money and hard work, we got jacksh.t from HQ.[/quote]

I'm not. Just an example of a county promoting its lesser code by hook or by crook. I'm pretty envious, truth be told.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

I don't understand.

1A plays 1B in the final, despite 1A being stacked?

2A and 2B is less stacked

But promotion from 3A and 3B isn't detailed.

Stupid.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:20 pm

Oh I know that the Decisions could go for or against Dublin, but the fact is that it'll mostly be Dublin V Another that hawkeye will be used, then by the laws of average, Dublin gain the advantage as more of their games are better refereed over the others.

Not being anti-dublin, but I think that technology should only be used in a level playing field, therefore things like of the ball instances that the ref missed that are picked up on TV, should only be used to punish player if all games at same stage/same division, have cameras and can be used against all the teams, otherwise it's not a level playing field,

In the same way I feel Hawk-eye shouldn't be used for every game at Croke Park (as Dublin move a lot of their games there), but only for agree games in advance, Finals, semi-finals, Quarter finals, and maybe Leinster finals.

In regards to the League shake up I do think that it is unfair that they changed it the way they did, I also think a bigger first division allowed more teams to play the bigger teams, and hence learn more.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

Cork are going to see some changes anyway. Walsh is gone!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:28 pm

we'll see if there is change or not depending on who comes in and the selectors that come with that.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:we'll see if there is change or not depending on who comes in and the selectors that come with that.
Not even going to pretend I know anything about the Cork hurling set up but the impression was that Cork problems were deeper than team selection.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

They are, much deeper. we have to give ourself a chance though. Tactics, set up and management is 40% or more of the battle I'd wager.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

Well the change to the league set-up seems like a complete waste of time. What's the reason for changing it? Sounds like there are plans in the works for the fitba league too. The Tipp keeper seems to be critical of the amount of games teams will get in the new divisions, affecting the amount of match-experience the second string players will get.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

Don't HQ ever consult managers before they make changes? God forbid that they might hear something constructive.

Brendan Cummins is right, these changes will curtail the game time of the panel. The bigger teams can have a panel of 35 players at the start of the league before they whittle it down.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:52 pm

You know people are forever telling us just how great the GAA is run. For the life of me I don't see it. everything seems to be a mess to me.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:You know people are forever telling us just how great the GAA is run. For the life of me I don't see it. everything seems to be a mess to me.

Amen and here here, they might have a lot of money but imo it is run by a bunch of complete idiot's.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

[quote="dublfcynwa"][quote="RebelBhoy"]You know people are forever telling us just how great the GAA is run. For the life of me I don't see it. everything seems to be a mess to me.[/quote]

Amen and here here, they might have a lot of money but imo it is run by a bunch of complete idiot's. [/quote]

Braveheart
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

I don't understand why 1A and 1B aren't evened up.
Why is the team who finished 6th in Div 1 last year being preferred to he team who finished 1st in Div 2 ??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down