The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan Name World Cup Squad

4 posters

Go down

Japan Name World Cup Squad Empty Japan Name World Cup Squad

Post by MBTGOG Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

Forwards: Hisateru Hirashima, Naoki Kawamata, Yusuke Aoki, Shota Horie, Hiroki Yuhara, Kensuke Hatakeyama, Nozomu Fujita, Hitoshi Ono, Toshizumi Kitagawa, Luke Thompson, Justin Ives, Takashi Kikutani, Michael Leitch, Sione Vatuvei, Ryukoliniasi Holani, Itaru Taniguchi.

Backs: Fumiaki Tanaka, Tomoki Yoshida, Atsushi Hiwasa, James Arlidge, Murray Williams, Yuta Imamura, Ryan Nicholas, Koji Taira, Alisi Tupuailai, Hirotoki Onozawa, Kosuke Endo, Takehisa Usuzuki, Shaun Webb, Taihei Ueda.

Thoughts?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Japan Name World Cup Squad Empty Re: Japan Name World Cup Squad

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

Don't know many of the names there Munsty, but really hope that Japan put up a good showing in this World Cup. They seem to be working hard on strengthening their Top League structure with some good signings to aid development of home grown talent. Would love to see them really develop and kick on as a top rugby nation.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

Kirwan says he is looking for two wins. I don't think they will manage it.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

Do you think they will manage one? Its between Tonga, Japan and Canada for 3rd place in that group isnt it? I would think they've got a reasonable chance of at least one win, probably against Canada? Mind you, I guess the Canadians will be targeting that game too.

Its easy to get draw away from those type of games with all the focus on the big teams, but I think some of the inter minnow games should be really good to watch.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:57 pm

[quote="Bathman_in_London"]Do you think they will manage one? Its between Tonga, Japan and Canada for 3rd place in that group isnt it? I would think they've got a reasonable chance of at least one win, probably against Canada? Mind you, I guess the Canadians will be targeting that game too.

Its easy to get draw away from those type of games with all the focus on the big teams, but I think some of the inter minnow games should be really good to watch.[/quote]

They'll have a good shot at Canada though I'm not sure about Tonga who will probably be too strong for them, what was the result between them in the pacific nations cup?
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Well Japan won the tournament and beat Tonga away. But I dont know how many of the Tongan European based players were involved. I'd guess not many.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

It will be a good match though.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

Indeed it will. I've just downloaded the WC outlook calender from the EC website. So my work diary is now looking pretty busy during September and October! Some pretty good 'minnow' midweek fixtures in the pool stages.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down