The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher

+20
ryan86
John Cregan
EmmDee57
Lairdy
venice1
pedro
Shotrock
LadyPutt
hend085
Noel
princedracula
NedB-H
Doc
1GrumpyGolfer
McLaren
sirbenson
Maverick
Redrage
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 23 Aug 2011, 12:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Not much more to say about Webb Simpson's breakthrough last week at Greensboro, and certainly not worth adding anything to his hand of god report afterwards - makes Maradona look a novice. But Simpson's paid his dues, his challengers rather fell away, and he was able to saunter through the back nine with relatively little pressure. He leapfrogs into Fred Couples' Presidents Cup qualifiers, Jim Furyk dropping out, and it's going to be facinating to see Couples finesse his Captain's Picks if the standings remain the same (which they won't) with Fowler, Furyk and Woods bidding for two places. (I'd expect Zach Johnson, for one, to be anxious to make the Team.)

2).Job done for Els and Harrington squeezing into the FedEx Play-Offs, but they'll need to be a lot sharper to be among the 100 survivors leaving The Barclays destined for the Deutsche Bank. Casey, Leonard and Cabrera were among the more notable Wyndham participants whose efforts left them out of the FedEx fun.

3).And so, from Donald Ross's Sedgefield CC in Greensboro to Donald Ross's New Jersey gem, Plainfield CC. Sparing no expense, 606v2's very own correspondent, Shotrock, has filed this assessment of the course:
"It's a great course. Really a gem. I'm in agreement about it being the second best course in the Garden State, (after Pine Valley). Others will shout Baltusrol, but not in my book." Seldom seen by TV viewers, or anyone outside Shotrock's exclusive set, it has hosted John Cook's US Amateur and Laura Davies' US Women's Open but not much else on the national stage.

4).We detailed some of the golfers who were in peril of missing out on qualifying for The Barclays; now to identify those who will need a good result this week to be among the 100-strong field progressing to Round 2. Let's say the top 90 are secure. That leaves this lot among those fearing for their FedEx future:
Anthony Kim
McDowell
Immelman
Goosen
Villegas
Appleby
Poulter
Els
Harrington

Again: George O'Grady, hope you're reading this.

5).123 golfers will be playing this week, the top 125 qualifiers, less Schwartzel who's sitting this one out, and JB Holmes who's undergoing some scary (but reportedly non-invasive, non-life threatening) brain surgery next week. Hopefully Webb Simpson's guiding hand can help JB through this difficult time - JB: all distance and no-putt - until he became one of the early Stockton disciples. Good health to him, and play faster when you return.

6).Best wishes on returns to good health to others currently in sick bay, including Tim Clark and Mike Weir who have apparently recently undergone quite similar elbow sugery, and a forgotten man, Arron Oberholser, a rising star of the last decade, now nursing hand, hip, wrist etc etc injuries. Clark and Weir (Presidents Cup partners in a memorable Harding Park Presidents Cup battle with Stricker and Woods) hope to return early next year, but there's no timetable for when, or if, Oberholser will be good to go again.

7).Talking of Woods, all of a sudden Won't Play Woods is on the hook as he wants to play the Presidents Cup in Melbourne, and has contractual obligations with the Australian Open to pay for TWA's aircraft fuel, but Couples has said he must play to be selected. Tiger says: "I might add another PGA Tour event to my schedule. Right now, I'm looking at my options." According to Tiger's blog, he'll tee it up next Wednesday at Notah Begay's "Foundation Challenge" at Turning Stone. Unfortunately he might have trouble making his tee-time as he writes that this will be held in Verona, NJ. Too bad the event is in Verona, New York. He's missed some fairways in his time but 200 miles off-course is a lot, even for Tiger.

8).Woods has won 3 of the 16 FedEx Play-Off tournaments held so far. And there are four other multiple winners - in fact the first 12 events were won by just six guys, Slocum being the only one-timer. But all the 2010 tournaments were won by first-timers, including Furyk, the ultimate winner. He is one of five (Els, Furyk, Mahan, Mickelson and Stricker) to qualify for every Tour Championship since the Play-Offs began, Mahan and Stricker are the only ones to play every tournament, Stricker the only man to play every round.

9).Fred Couples beat John Cook in a play-off to win the Senior Players Championship last week at Westchester CC. The over-fifties cross country to the Seattle area this week, for the Boeing Classic. Once again Roger Chapman and Mark Mouland are merely alternates and their dream of earning full Champions Tour membership is fading fast, both of them almost certainly headed back to Q-School. Wonder if Barry Lane will join them?

10).And there'll be a second Scot on the 2012 PGA Tour as Russell Knox has pretty much sewn up his card for next year, via Nationwide success. He'll be in Tennessee this week, a happy hunting ground for him last year when he was 7th. Gary Christian and Greg Owen also compete with Matt Richardson "first alternate". And Boo Weekley and Nathan Green are among a raft of exempt PGA Tour players hoping to keep their game sharp after failing the FedEx test, John Daly also playing.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

NedB-H wrote:Shellaqua and Varnisha, fantastic Laugh Was their father Ron Seal?

Laugh Laugh laughing
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Barclays: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Noel Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

Kwini,
Johnathan Byrd now alone in 4th on -11.
I don't know if you recall the commentary with brian moore (r.i.p) and kevin keegan and moore pushed him for an answer as to whether england would score in penalty shootout against argentina and keegan replied erm...yes. At that point Batty missed. Classic!
Im going to ask you if the inconsistent Mr.Byrd,who wins the lesser tourneys (tongue firmly in cheek) will succeed tomorrow.
By the way peed off with coverage on sky as programme finished before his round and not shown him much, if at all.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Hi Noel,
You know, Byrd could quite easily do the business on Saturday, but in my mind it would be a huge turn up - I really expect the top three to fight it out.

But there have been some huge turn-ups this season . . . . . . .

The PGA Tour certainly lucked out with the number of qualifiers for Round 3, 72 - the perfect number!

I'm thinking TVGB&I will catch this live. Us poor saps living in the land of "tape delay" will have to follow progress on-line and watch it on . . . . tape delay. Pathetic.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:08 am

Kwini,
You are consistent in doubting his consistency especially amongst this company. Hope he stays relaxed and doesn't try and force a score otherwise wheels will come off.
Sky start coverage at 6pm concluding at 10pm for Barclays and 1pm to 6pm for Johnnie Walker. I'm sure I heard them say Barclays on earlier via red button but don't know if I have heard that correctly and whether fits in with time difference.
Footy good tomorrow, midday - Villa v Wolves and more importantly as I'm a scouser 5pm - Liverpool v Bolton

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:24 am

Kwin - Go into media blackout!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

Footy on Sunday not bad either:-

12.45pm spurs v man city

4.00pm man utd v arsenal

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

Noel, at least we're spiled on footie. We get the Villa / Wolves on ESPN (looking fwd to that one) then the Chelsea (unfortunately) and Liverpool games on Fox. (L'pool need to play better than vs the bum . . . .)

Sorry Shotrock, can't do it - got to know what's going on if I can. Bound to be exciting

LP absolutely gorgeous, stayed in the lap of rustic luxury - nothing like the ADK's! Piseco next weekend, not sure I'll be as philosophical about that as it's screwed up my plans for Deutsche Bank!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

Updated forecast for the Plainfield CC area seems to have light rain coming in a little earlier (about 1.00 p.m.) than last night's forecast but hopefully not heavy enough to prevent completion of Round 3. Calm right now but winds will pick up, but not strong enough to interfere with play.

I wonder what the players will do? No flights or rail service, and driving tonight to Boston would just carry them from frying pan to fire! Perhaps Poulter's tweets will instruct?

Time to try and figure out what position some "notables" have to finish in today to reach Boston.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:35 am

Let's see if we can guess what positions some golfers need to achieve to reach the top 100, bearing in mind that they'll be going for the top 70 next week so highest possible finishes are a huge bonus:
McDowell: top 65
Harrington: top 30
Poulter: top 45
Els: top 45
Camilo: top 55
Goosen: top 55
Immelman: top 60

Early starters will be coming under starter's orders in 25 minutes. Let the fun begin!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:43 am

Oops,
I see pgatour.com's computer has been working on this too. Seems I'm a tad conservative compared to them, except perhaps I'm giving Els a little too much credit, perhaps he really needs top 40?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

Birdie time in the early Plainfield going, Sneds 4 for 4, Mahan 3 for 3, Chappell 3 for 3, Kris the only player firing Blanks, one over after three.

Ah, but that triple bogey 7 will cook Retief's Goose. He needs to improve over his last 13 holes otherwise he's outathere. Wonder how his foot is?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

Premature extrapolations can be messy, but should we be having a 59 watch?
Snedeker 6 under after 7, Yang 5 under after 6.

And Goosen's going in the other direction, on course to notch his 59th stroke on about his 13th hole. You'd think he needs a break to get healthy.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

Just as well this will finish at 54 holes......otherwise someone will get to -30..........

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Poulter can't afford any bogeys, probably needs one more birdie to secure a spot next week.

Davis and Rose going well today.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sat 27 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

Will anyone else interfere with DJ and Kooch for this one? I'm guessing not... Good play by the Europeans... hopefully they'll stay safe through till the end. Is that the same Camilo in the top 10?

Looks like another nice gift in store from Mark Foster for my ET FT...

Knox going well in Knoxville...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Not a good time for ShotLink to be on the blink, but it looks like bad luck for Poulter - hitting every green in regulation until his 12th hole and piling up a double bogey. All that good work down the drain unless he can rescue things in his final few holes.

Ernie looks as if he might be safe, but Harrington not doing himself any favours.

pd,
Lots of guys between 40th and 60th in the owgr hoping to make a move this week, even Bjorn if he can get going Sunday.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:22 pm

BANG,BANG!!! Nice recovery Poults!

Yep, kwini, it's going to be a pretty aggitated mid-table there in the top 100 this week. What a great season Bjorn is having...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

Birdie in the nick of time for Harrington, should be safe now. Until next week at least. Garcia surprisingly having a poor day, and his buddy Adam Scott's doing even worse - shocker for Stevie!
But Poulter's recovery has been superb.
Lousy effort from my fantasy teams . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

Ben Crane bang on 100th place, Kwini won't be happy....

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

Ben bloody Crane!

Pleased to see Dustin win his fifth, first of the Young Americans to get more than four wins. Snedeker into the top fifty, Byrd close I should think, probably missed chances for Badds and Sabbs, Vijay must be wondering what he's got to do.

Great to have Davis and Rose join Donald and Laird on track for the Tour Championship, quietly been another good year for Brian Davis.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

kwini,
You were ultimately right about the inconsistency of Byrd. He simply had too many Bogeys compared to others (6 in total , 3 in last round) whereas Johnson and Kuchar 2 and 3 respectively for whole tourney. Still good finish.

Annoyed at myself for not getting my each way bet which would have paid handsomely for his place at quarter the odds. Next tourney I am going to get that bet on no matter what.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

Noel,
Byrd was a very good pick, played well, can't ask much more.
Strange old tournament for me, in prospect and in reality with lots of southern boys playing really well.
Field finalised for Boston now and we'd expect the course there to play rather soft unless this hurricane takes an unexpected turn right, but that ain't gonna happen. But they have an extra day to get the course drained and repaired, plus the forecast is for six days of sun, Monday thru Saturday so should be a good tournament in prospect - let's hope for 72 holes!

Great call on Byrd . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:22 am

Well done to DJ!!!!

Positive week for Harrington missed like 6 putts inside 10 feet for Birdie today! One solid week needs to become a regular thing again and move up the rankings again! And get people talking about him in a positive manor and not that he is passed it!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:32 am

'Morning benson,
Hadn't realised that about Padraig's putts - they're costly misses in the big scheme of things as a couple more strokes gained might have offered him a cushion for progression beyond the Deutsche Bank.
Good finish though and it would be good to see ALL the Europeans challenging in Boston - great that all 11 made the Barclays cut, but they'll need to do exactly the same this week with Poulter, Harrington and McDowell especially vulnerable.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

Good win for DJ ... one of America's best, that's for sure.

Really tough week for Plainfield. A course full of nuance challenge was leveled near helpless by soft conditions.

Loooong night here outside Philadelphia. Stream on the property is raging but thankfully no major tree damage ... not out of the woods yet as rest of day gusts may pick up to 50mph.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

'Morning Shotrock,
DJ very popular in this house, native of Columbia and all that - didn't get to see any of the Barclays coverage but assume Joe LaCava reaped his first post-Freddie dividend?

Outer bands of rain started falling here early this mrning, but nothing flooding yet, and eerily calm, before the storm presumably. Expect Lake Champlain to be churning. Keep safe there . . . . .

As mentioned earlier, the post-Irene forecast for Boston is promising so hopefully they'll get dried out by start of play Friday.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Happy for DJ's win, one of the most popular American players with me as well... I just hope if he goes to win the FedEx cup it won't change his plans of coming more often to play in Europe...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

Morning kwini,
What's to watch after today's Johnny Walker event? Plenty on this side: The Old Men's Boeing Classic flying high in Washington state with, again, Bernhard the lone European in actual contention. There's the Minor League affair, the News Sentinel Open Presented by Pilot, in da hills a' Tennesseee with Kirk Triplett and his funny hat eating the course up. Oh Canada is playing host to the ladies in Quebec with Ms. Matthew 3 strokes off the lead.

Rarely see Lake Champlain mentioned these days but it brings back memories of reading about the Revolutionary War as a youth. Fort Ticonderoga, the Battle of Valcour Island with surprise, surprise... Benedict Arnold has the lead officer for the colonial upstarts. The King's men won the battle but supposedly it was a moral victory for the future Americans even though their fleet was completely decimated with Arnold and the remaining soldiers barely beating a retreat to said Fort. In a delayed reprisal, the British failed to gain its last foothold at the same lake during the short War of 1812.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

Hi venice,
My dilemma exactly! But hoping at least one of the Yankees double-header might be on MLB. Very crafty by the Red Sox getting their twin-bill in yesterday. Not sure how the ladies will fare in Quebec, raining very hard here now, wind picking up, and they're only 100 miles away . . . .

As for the Revolutionary skirmish, funny you should mention Valcour (only about four miles from my keyboard) as I was on the good ship SS Valcour, ferrying back from New York on Friday!! Hopefully the exploits of Bernie Sanders over the next decade will cause him to be a more significant figure in US history than Benny Arnold or Ethan Allen.

Not so good for Gagli in Scotland but it's boiling(?) up to a good finish, especially in light of Foster's famous final-holes frailty. Bjorn again?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

Amazing graphics on the golf telecasts from Scotland. Don't know if the hole preview fly-overs are virtual presentations or helicopter shots with graphic overlays that focus on the fairway topographies and putting green contours. Foster with a lone victory in 2003. Come on Mark!

kwini,
Does anyone in your neck of the woods realize the historical landmarks that surround them or is it maybe just the older generations with the future ones to remain oblivious to the facts? i.e. Do historical memories die fast in your part of Vermont? What is the oldest known golf course or recollection of golfing in your area?

The sneaky Sox pulled a fast one over on us by taking advantage of the weather and the weak opposition. We may have to sweep the series up in Boston starting Tuesday. Time for A-Rod to earn his pay, bad knee or not.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 3:20 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:especially in light of Foster's famous final-holes frailty. Bjorn again?
Oh, kwini... you've just said it and there he is droping a shot... But luckily I have also some nice backup in the FT this week in Gallacher and Coetzee. Amazing comeback by the SouthAfrican after opening with a 77 on Thursday. He looks like squeezing into top 100 if he finishes up there in top 3 or so... Foster will be coming just short of that goal if he wins it... Great finale in Scotland though!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

venice,
Would say that, Yes!, Northern New Yorkers (lots of historical re-enactments on the other side of the lake) and Vermonters are quite aware of the historic heritage, not so much Hampshire transplants though. I'm much more interested in the economic history with the ebbs and flows of lake / canal traffic and their relative significance to communities' developments.
As for golf, there really isn't that much history, though there are some old and usually quite private clubs without much real distinction - a lot to be private about if you like. (We were spoilt rotten in CNY, probably golf more available and at a better price than anywhere in the country. For eight months a year anyway.)

Looking forward to player reaction to Couples' decision to select Woods for Pres Cup . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:28 pm

Hmmm... after that drive at the 18th by Foster, are we going to have a 4/5-way play-off?

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

Oh, no! Foster's drive on 18 doesn't look promising. I think you guys jinxed him.

kwini,
"... spoilt rotten in CNY.." is correct. (p.s. Does that include the Little Falls Municipal Golf Course?) Walter Hagen country. Might still be my favorite golfer of all time. Definitely in the top 3.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

Well. Thanks to a generous Mark Foster we have a five man play-off. Couldn't ask for more than that. Place your bets. No clue but Coetzee for his first win?

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:50 pm

Mark Foster has started doing commercials for Horlicks.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

The essence of the European Tour is there for all to see;
A five-man play-off featuring a Dane, an Englishman, a Spaniard, a Saffer and an Austrian, just ahead of a Swede and a Scot with a Frenchman just henid them. Great stuff. Let's hope the golf lives up to it!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

Goodness me, some dodgy tee shots there... Advantage Larrazabal!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:06 pm

princedracula wrote:Goodness me, some dodgy tee shots there... Advantage Larrazabal!
...wasted after that 3rd shot...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Might as well pull up chair, make some popcorn and drink some ale. This could turn into a full length feature movie.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:39 pm

Getting to be a bit like those Oklahoma Shoot-Outs they used to have prior to some Tour events.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:53 pm

Come on guys, it may be a tough par 5, but still... let's see a birdie!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm

Great!!! 🤦

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:27 pm

What a shot by Thomas! Two birdies this time really would be news.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:22 pm

Chubby's got several of his players in the KLM Open field, Clarke, McIlroy, Oosthuizen, Westwood and 2-time winner Dyson, plus Kaymer, AHansen, EMolinari and Hanson. Harrington too but he must be a doubt?

Hopefully there'll be a couple of tourist visas issued following FedEx Cup disappointment also.

Anyone know what Oliver Wilson's status will be if he fails to make the top 115 or whatever the number is? Going nowhere fast on this year's OoM and not in the Top 50 career money. Given his US residence (which I assume he still has) would expect him to give PGA Tour Q-School a whirl. Perhaps alongside Paul Casey!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

Morning kwini,

Are you flooded in and will you be able to make it to Boston for the weekend?

Is it good for the Nationwide events if the 50 year olds (almost) are racking wins? Congrats to Mr. Triplett though. Scorched the course.

Nothing new in Quebec as Brittany Lincicome leads four other American and five Korean ladies at the top. Becky Morgan the lone top European finish. Plenty of Swedes though at the 2nd level.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

Hi venice,
Desperate stuff all around us, especially in Northern New York and Brattleborough, but unscathed here. We were very fortunate and any morons saying government, State or National, over-reacted is welcome to spend time in New Orleans anytime they like. Think the storm sped up and accelerated ahead of the high tide and storm surge in downstate NY and S.New England, but glad that all precautions were taken.

Can't believe the ladies got in the entire tournament in Quebec, good for them. I really enjoyed watching Calc win in WA.

Mixed feelings about Triple it's win but them's the rules and good for him. His bucket hat will join him on his bucket-list quest no doubt, as he embarks on Champo Tour duty next April!

Sounds as if all 99 golfers will be present and mostly correct outside Boston on Friday - won't be going as family duty compels me to attend an event in the Adirondacks on Saturday. Booooooooooo! You never know, perhaps the location will be cut off like so many other NNYS communities.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

Kwin - Glad to hear all is OK in your neck of the woods. Mess here still, my road washed out, BUT could have been worse with downed trees.

Have fun in the Adirondacks - special place, to be sure. My wife - a die-hard Ocean Shore person all her life -- now won't go a summer without a vacation up there.

Final thought on Plainfield. The professionals destroyed the place! Wet weather and lift/clean/place left it virtually defenseless. I assure everyone that the green complexes, when running at tournament speed, are much more challenging. When Mr. Ross built it back in 1922, I'm also sure he envisioned it being long enough, but no more. I believe it sits on 135 acres and there is no room for any expanded length. Take heed Merion!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:20 pm

Sr,
Roads washed out is no fun. Fortunately the lake is within its banks again after the spring monsoon created unprecedented flooding - if the lake had been at May's flood stage flooding here would have been pretty bad.
I was checking the darar all day and storms to the left of us, storms to the right of us, but we only received about 3 inches, which over eighteen hours wasn't bad.
And we missed the very worst of the wind also.
Only saving grace in VT and Northern NYS is that communities that got whacked have to deal with 100 - 200 inches of snow every winter so are pretty self sufficient and resilient.

Sounds as if TPC Boston was also largely spared and we should receive confirmation of the condition of the place later today. Good news.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:15 pm

Kwini,
I've just been looking at paddypower for Deutsche tourney and pay top 5 places. Will defo have e/w bet on Byrd and maybe one other. Some interesting prices I've selected:

Fav - Luke Donald - 14/1
Nick Watney and Matt Kuchar - 22/1
Rickie Fowler - 40/1
Sergio Garcia - 44/1
Johnathabn Byrd - 70/1
Spencer Levin - 125/1 - you've flagged him up earlier

To demonstrare his poor form Graham McDowell a whopping 80/1!

I'll probably do Garcia and would love to see him win.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next