The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylormade r11

+9
George1507
Maverick
barragan
Bloxboy
drive4show
super_realist
Raymond
oldparwin
No1canuck
13 posters

Go down

Taylormade r11 Empty Taylormade r11

Post by No1canuck Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

I was traveling home from the states a few days ago,upon my arrival home I found that my driver had snapped(taylormade burner tp) so yesterday I went to my local golf shop to try out a few drivers.I tried the taylormade r11,Taylormade burner superfast,titleist 909 and the cobra s3.I hit them into a simulator and it showed that I was averaging over 15yds -25yds longer over the next best driver.I forked out €500 for it and it has done wonders off the tee and was wondering had anyone else the same results has I have had.

No1canuck

Back to top Go down

Taylormade r11 Empty Re: Taylormade r11

Post by oldparwin Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

For that amount of money would expect at least another 100yds

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

I went to the fitting centre and narrowed it down to the r11 and the adams golf fastline 11 i were hitting them both about 280 about 20 yards futher than others due to the flight angle so went for the fastline as it was over £100 pounds cheaper.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

The original Taylor Made driver must have gone about 10 yards. Every few months they bring out another which claims to hit the ball longer and straighter than the last.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:49 pm

I tried the demo one from my pro, thought it was horrible if I'm honest. Felt very light and whiffy, couldn't tell where the clubhead was or what it was doing. In fairness, it was off the shelf, not fitted for my swing in any way.

I'll be sticking to my custom fitted R9 for the time being Smile

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloxboy Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

I bought one last week after trying several other makes and models in front of the swing analyser. The R11 had by far the lowest spin rate and looked and felt good so I bought it. After a few teething problems (big block right) I made some adjustments and am now hitting the ball further than I can ever remember. I even (sadly) had to open up Google Earth on the computer and use the ruler facility to see how far the ball had been going. I would say I've gone from a 245 yd to nearer 270 yd . Well worth the buy!!

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

if i hit my ping g15 an average of 275 yards how far would an r11 go?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:07 am

Todays Golfer recently ran a test of the new drivers out there, and Ping's new offering came up as the longest, with the R11 in 3rd place behind the new Cleveland Launcher XL270.

The R11 also had the largest dispertion rate so was no the most forgiving.

I have tried the R11 if only to see how the gimmick of white headed drivers works behind the ball... Must say not a fan, felt to light and the clubhead felt like it was lagging to far behind, this is probably due to the stock shaft not being the greatest. I also tried out the new Burner Superfast TP, and found this far superior to the R11 in every way, you could work the ball to will and even give it that bit more when you wanted to...

I'll stick with my Nike Black Machspeed but it's personal preference if it works for you thats all that matters

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloxboy Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

Mav
You're right. It did work for me so that's why it got my vote. My swing is no thing of beauty but it gets me around. I've no doubt that other golfers with better (or worse) swings would have found their best results in some other club. I'm sure the manufacturers are glad there's no one club universally acclaimed as being the best or most would soon be out of business.

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

I tried a demo version of the r11. It was indeed a little longer than my r7, but not long enough to make me want to change just yet. I do like the idea of adjusting the face though, that would seem to be a great idea for people with a perpetual slice (if only for the psychological benefit of a face that looks like it's pointing left).

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:50 am

Surely if you have a slice the last thing you want is the clubface pointing left?? Headscratch
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:15 pm

Maybe, but on the other hand, if it looks like it's pointing left then you don't need to hit across to the inside like slicers do.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

Very true George! OK
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Mav,
when you say the new offering from Ping which club do you refer to. I've got G15 and would say whilst I'm not short I'm not as long as some of the boom boom players I play with . I do however have much more accuracy than them and would take that every time. I'd be interested to know if it is the G15 you refer to or another type.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

I've got Exotics XCG-3, Fujlkura exotics tour shaft (F1 extra stiff)

This club would do anything I wanted it to at first but I have been really struggling with driver full stop for a while now.

I have the same set up in 4w and this is what I have been using off the tee more and more.

A few low single figure handicappers and pros have had had a few pops with it and all are very impressed, although many laughed at it at first as it is a lesser known brand. This club is really long, but i think it is probably too hard a set up for me, it is only 9 deg loft)

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:34 pm

Funny how we all have our prefered drivers mines is the Ping G10, had it now about 4 years and do not feel I need to change.

When they launch a new club, they have to bring out a new sales pitch in order to sell them, but I do not think that in the last 5 years the technology has changed that much, I mean as amateurs we are not consistent enough to tell whether we are getting 10 to 20 yards difference between clubs.
If the club feels right and gives you confidence forget the yardage just enjoy using it

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

noel
i think mav is probably referring to the new g20.
i also carry the g15. its certainly not as long as my previous driver. it seems to be a very steady club so long as i don't force it.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

Noel wrote:Mav,
when you say the new offering from Ping which club do you refer to. I've got G15 and would say whilst I'm not short I'm not as long as some of the boom boom players I play with . I do however have much more accuracy than them and would take that every time. I'd be interested to know if it is the G15 you refer to or another type.

Ping G20 is read the writeup on. Also was interesting to see in a different magazine, the Ping K15 came out longer than the R11.......

I like my Nike Driver, can work the ball to will and feels better than the R11

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

ban_bam,
Just been on ag site. Just looked at new G20 driver and irons,must say I do like the look of them but I'm more than happy with G15's I've got. Will have a go with G20 driver though when I get chance to see if there is any difference.

Mav,
G15 is relatively good for that although is marketed for mid -high handicappers. I know number of low handicappers who have it and they say the same.

Surely now all drivers are becoming so uniform there isn't much difference between them.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

Ping, along with Porsche must have the laziest design studios in the world. Change is so subtle that you barely even notice it.

Noel, it's the shaft in the any club which makes the difference, Most driver clubheads are broadly similar in terms of their performance these days.
Technology is getting pretty close to the apex of the curve if it isn't there already and so cosmetic enhancements such as painting them white seems to be the latest trick along with catchy slogans such as "longest and straightest" as a convincer for the gullible and easily parted from their money.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

s_r,
inclined to agree with you but I'm sure when you walk in to a shop and see a new driver etc. you can't help but pick it up to get a feel of the weight, to look what it would be like at the address etc. They know how to get us but like you can stop by going as far to purchase them just for the sake of it.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloxboy Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

super_realist wrote:
Technology is getting pretty close to the apex of the curve if it isn't there already and so cosmetic enhancements such as painting them white seems to be the latest trick along with catchy slogans such as "longest and straightest" as a convincer for the gullible and easily parted from their money.

That would be me then I guess. But I did get up on a par 5 with a 5 iron second shot after a huge drive with my new R11 last night. Normally come up just short with my 4 wood so I'm pretty pleased with my purchase (so far!)

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

super_realist wrote:Ping, along with Porsche must have the laziest design studios in the world. Change is so subtle that you barely even notice it.

spot on s_r, looks like its a global issue with lots of the brand names right now: ping, tm, callaway etc etc. the g15 / g20 driver brand is also being cheapened by the introduction of irons to their range.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

I'd like to see a robotic test of an r11 against, say a five year old clubhead (same shaft obviously) and see if there was any discernible difference in length and dispersion , but I doubt there would be. Given how inconsistent club golfers are I doubt there's much benefit to be gained, especially if bought off the shelf.
Emporers new clothes anyone? Taylor Made's gimmick department must have eared their bonuses this year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

Bloxboy wrote:I bought one last week after trying several other makes and models in front of the swing analyser. The R11 had by far the lowest spin rate and looked and felt good so I bought it. After a few teething problems (big block right) I made some adjustments and am now hitting the ball further than I can ever remember. I even (sadly) had to open up Google Earth on the computer and use the ruler facility to see how far the ball had been going. I would say I've gone from a 245 yd to nearer 270 yd . Well worth the buy!!

Nice one on your new purchase Bloxboy and it's good that it suits you. You have said that you made a few adjustments, is that to the club or your swing? If it's your swing might it not be those that are causing you to hit it further rather than the club? Give yourself some credit man.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloxboy Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:42 am

Hibbz
Cheers but the first adjustments were to the club (set it to draw and closed the face) and it just started flying miles with a touch of draw. Of course, my confidence got better and better with the results with the effect that my swing seemed just so much more relaxed than usual so I'll give myself the credit for that bit.
Fingers crossed it's still working at 4.30 tonight.

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down