The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible

+4
Bowie
Cari
mickyt
PenfroPete
8 posters

Go down

If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible Empty If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible

Post by PenfroPete Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

http://scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/4102.php

"A rugby tournament will be staged at Milford Haven RFC to help raise money for the families of those killed in June's Chevron refinery blast. Dennis Riley, 52, Andrew Jenkins, 33, Julie Schmitz, 54, and Robert Broome, 48, died in the explosion at the Pembroke refinery. While the investigation work goes on, the local community plans to show its support for the bereaved families by staging a rugby tournament at Milford Haven RFC's Observatory Ground in Hakin on Sunday, August 28, kick-off 1pm."

I'm down visiting relatives in Milford Haven and going out for a big meal on Saturday. I'll be heading over for at least part of this on Sunday afternoon
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible Empty Re: If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible

Post by mickyt Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

I love much rugby can bring a community together.

great work Penfro.. it will be well appreciated
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible Empty Re: If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

I'm not down there this weekend P. As much as The Old Girl would be chuffed to see me.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowie Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

I'm also visiting friends and family in Pembs this weekend so I'll go down and show my support.

Bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

If I lived nearer I would have gone,

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

Bowie wrote:I'm also visiting friends and family in Pembs this weekend so I'll go down and show my support.
If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 1710857839 This is why I LOVE rugby If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 769663 I should be there sometime on Sunday, probably from the start for a couple of hours - if you fancy a If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 2055835545 , look out for me. I'll have my black Cardiff Sarries shirt on with PENFRO 50 on the back If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 3610695981
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

Im down this weekend so ill pop over for a look, lets hope the weather is nice because if i remember correct that pitch is rather exposed to the elements. All for a cracking cause though so cheers for the heads up Pete.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:39 pm

Pete - I live a stone throw from the pitch, but I don't think I will be able to make it as I think my misses is dragging me to my folks (up crymych way) on the sunday. That said I will try to talk her around.

It is good to see that the local rugby clubs are doing something for the families though. I also believe that most local companies have had whip arounds for them too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

mpc28 wrote:if i remember correct that pitch is rather exposed to the elements.

Yeah the pitch is on the top of a hill, almost spitting distance from the water, so it can get a wee bit nippy there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

MPC28 - you're not wrong about the Obs, very exposed. Forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy 16/17c with a 8mph wind. If that stays it should be a cracker Very Happy

SCARLETSPIDER - Picton Road / Rectory Ave ??? Used to live in Woodbine Way until I was 8 If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 1230366233 If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 496889 then went 'upmarket' to St Lawrence Ave, before finally shifting to North Road when I was 15. I've now lived more years away from Milford / Hakin than I lived there, but Mam & Dad, brother and his family are still there
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:48 pm

Ah I am posh Glebelands, but I'm a native of the mighty Hubberston, but ended up the wrong side of the main road.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

2 of my school friends used to live in Glebelands. Aaah, happy days Smile
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

Not there for work reasons but have played many a time at Milford during my days at RAF Brawdy.

Loved playing Milford on a Wednesday under the lights, always use to have a good 7's comp there as well
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

Good cause. Hopefully they'll do well for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

£10,000 - If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 1710857839 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-14694226
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Well done to everyone who went. I saw a bit about it on the news the other day. Sounds like everyone had a good day out.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

Could only stay for a few hours Cari, but it was well organised. Bouncy castles, soft slides, bucking 'rugby ball' machine (as opposed to bucking bronco), a sort of one-on-one tug of war (where 2 people were attached together by an elasticated rope and had to run 5 metres towards a goal line, pulling the other person away from their goal line) Hog Roast, live music. Excellently done If anyone is down in Pembrokeshire this Bank Holiday weekend - please attend if possible 732107
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down