The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season

5 posters

Go down

Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season  Empty Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season

Post by Kenny Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:28 pm

According to the Hull Daily Mail , Hull KR are looking at a deal to sign Sheffield Eagles utility back Misi Taulapapa for next season . I cant say i have heard of him to be honest but it does say he has NRL experience with both New Zealand Warriors and Cronulla Sharks ..........also says he has a badyboy image ? Anyone know anymore about him ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season  Empty Re: Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

Misi originally was a rugby union player, Kelston Boys high school which is one of the top rugby schools in auckland, and a lot of these ex KBHS guys have gone on to be All Blacks Ie Mils Muliana etc and alot ent on to concentrate on league ie Duanne Mann, Jarrod McCracken,Hame Luaki,etc.
I remember when he went to Cronulla he scored some brilliant trys (right wing), then he got into trouble for getting on the P*&s, I cant remember him doing anything criminal. If I remember rightly he was a mate of Tevita Latu.After that he disappeared.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season  Empty Re: Hull KR look to add Taulapapa to their squad for 2012 season

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:According to the Hull Daily Mail , Hull KR are looking at a deal to sign Sheffield Eagles utility back Misi Taulapapa for next season . I cant say i have heard of him to be honest but it does say he has NRL experience with both New Zealand Warriors and Cronulla Sharks ..........also says he has a badyboy image ? Anyone know anymore about him ?
Are Rovers near to capacity on their overseas quota?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:According to the Hull Daily Mail , Hull KR are looking at a deal to sign Sheffield Eagles utility back Misi Taulapapa for next season . I cant say i have heard of him to be honest but it does say he has NRL experience with both New Zealand Warriors and Cronulla Sharks ..........also says he has a badyboy image ? Anyone know anymore about him ?

He would be a non-quota player , i think there will be some players leaving before next season so not sure how we will be with quota places yet .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:20 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

He would be a non-quota player , i think there will be some players leaving before next season so not sure how we will be with quota places yet .
I didn't realise that he was a Kolpak player until just now. To me though this highlights the problems that England have at international level when players like Taulapapa who are really NZers decide they want to play for a PI side when they are not good enough to play for NZ. They play here under the Kolpak ruling denying British talent the chance. I'm aware its a legal ruling and Rovers have broken no rules, but in my opinion its morally wrong and i know few people would agree with me, and i don't expect you too either.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

Like i have said before i think RFL should change the ruling to only 3 overseas/kolpak players per team , to encourage teams to bring home grown players through to the first team squads.

On a side note - Rovers are also in talks with Lee Smith from Leeds apparantley .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:38 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Like i have said before i think RFL should change the ruling to only 3 overseas/kolpak players per team , to encourage teams to bring home grown players through to the first team squads.

On a side note - Rovers are also in talks with Lee Smith from Leeds apparantley .
I have heard the rumour about Lee Smith. Any new Rumours about who your new coach will be?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:43 pm

No .it seems to have gone quiet on the coach front
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

if we sign Lee smith, then i don't think we need Taulapapa, as a back line
of,

Smith/Hall

Hall/Smith
Webster
Welham
Hodgson

Green
Dobson

Would be more than adaqute in super league.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

tigerrobins wrote:if we sign Lee smith, then i don't think we need Taulapapa, as a back line
of,

Smith/Hall

Hall/Smith
Webster
Welham
Hodgson

Green
Dobson

Would be more than adaqute in super league.

There are also Latus and Sheriff , Colborn if he stays . Taulapapa has put it on twitter that he has signed for a superleague club whether thats Rovers or not he hasn't said .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

Colbon is apparently off to Harlequins, along with Cook, Sherrife is one for the future definatly, but isn't he having a knee construction operation, Latus i think would be better deployed as a center. Don't get me wrong, the few times i've seen Taulapapa on sky he's looked decent enough, just not sure if he is what we need.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

From what i have read over the last couple of days Taulapapa would be signed as cover for all the back positions not necessarily as a starter . I thought Cook has done ok when he's had a chance i would of kept him .

Who do you think or who would you like as our next coach ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm

agree about Cook, and would have preferred him to Horne, as i think he's a better player that was never given a chance at Rovers.
Coach, not sure, wouldn't have minded Gentle, Noble might be the man to take us to the next step, maybe Wane if he dosn't get the Wigan job.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 9:33 am

If Wane doesn't get the Wigan job then yes i would go for him , thats a really good call i hadn't considered him . Gentle now looks set foe Wakey , and i have heard Noble is holding out for the HullFC job .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

Hull KR have announced they have signed Taulapapa on a 12 month contract for next season
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

He had a purple patch here in late 2009. Is your typical powerful Samoan/Kiwi winger who scored a memorable hat-trick against the Raiders? from memory.

He was the talk of some pundits for a while but then did a dangerous tackle which put him on the outer. Don't know what's happened to him since though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

He is supposed to have a decent season with Sheffield after coming back from injury . Dont think he will 1st choice but who knows
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Check this out Kenny... I didn't realise he broke his leg.

Misi

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:35 pm

Interesting , could be why we have only given him a 1 year contract ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:39 pm

Amazes me how they come back from broken leg injuries.

I broke mine and have never been the same since. However, I was a bit older than these guys... which is worse, took a while to recover and still feels sore even though it was 4 years ago now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

Yes it suprises me too , you'd think they would be self concious of it when they return .

If he could get some of the form back that he once had it doesn't sound like a bad gamble signing him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

I'm self conscious whenever I see their legs gets twisted back... like George Rose the other day. But the thing I've learned is not to favour it and the odd bang here and there probably does some good... psychologically makes you feel on top of the recovery.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

Watching some of the tackles and the way players bodies twist and turn it always amazes me that there aren't more serious injurys . It's a mans game Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

I've got enough titanium in my fibia and around the knee to build a miniature replica of the space shuttle @ 1:750

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

Laugh as long as your ok , Hope Taulapapa leg holds up to superleague .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

He'll be fine. That cage fighting also makes my leg feel sore... the kicks, etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:12 am

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/267917/Rovers-sign-Taulapapa
Here's the link confirming the signing of Taulapapa.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down