The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Arsenal

+4
dondelero
Josiah Maiestas
jro786
Smirnoffpriest
8 posters

Go down

Well done Arsenal Empty Well done Arsenal

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14569531.stm

Udinese (1) 1 - 2 (3) Arsenal

Very good attacking display and I like the look of Frimpong, Ramsey and Gervinho. Hope the goal Walcott scored can give him lots of confidence and he can really kick on.

Djourou looked dodgy, particularly his marking for the goal. Felt the penatly was ridiculous though. Just hope we sign 2/3 players very soon and can keep most of our players fit (some hope I know)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Well done Arsenal Empty Re: Well done Arsenal

Post by jro786 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

well done

never in doubt but to kick on and by doing so beating manchester united in their back yard

lfc fan
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:36 am

Never in doubt I agree - unless you listen to the pundits who repeatedly said things like Arsenal are on a knife edge, tough game, their lucky they've didn't concede in the 1st game, Wenger will hope they can scrape through, it's a tough ask for a young side, and they'll have to dig in to get something from the side.

But hope we can raise our game for the Man U game like you say

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

They were let off I thought, Udinese defensive line was too high at 1-1 and Walcott took the opportunity to jog through it. Still, atleast that secures Wenger's job for the season!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:34 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:They were let off I thought, Udinese defensive line was too high at 1-1 and Walcott took the opportunity to jog through it. Still, atleast that secures Wenger's job for the season!

I don't understand how you can say that if you watched the game, with our 1-0 1st leg score we easily beat them, they would have needed to score 3 more goals to beat us, something they never looked like doing. And we had 7(?) players out and playing lots of youngsters.

If you want Wenger out tell me 1 who you would have in and 2. who would do a better job spending the same amount of money?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

In fairness Udinese was not the toughest of opponents so it may be a tad early for Arsenal fans to think of champs league glory just yet.

Wenger has done well for the business of Arsenal rather than the team. It is unlikely that the board would ever sack him, he has made millions for them.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:12 pm

Crisis? What crisis?

A draw away at Newcastle, a (poor) loss to Liverpool, home and away wins to Udinese. Apart from the Liverpool game nothing terribly bad there

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

In think we were very unlucky against Pool as well - 2 dodgy goals and an awful sending off, I thought we played quite well.

At the same time we do definately need players in, rapidly

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Liverpool could quite easily have been down to 10 men before Arsenal also - Lukas twice deliberately tripped Theo before he got his yellow

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:29 pm

The ref was very terrible in that match - though it was funny that Carroll went through on goal at one point and was offside so he kicked the ball away and I was thinking "bet the ref doesn't book him, like the ref booked RVP against Barca" and then he did book him, and booked a number of other players for piddly little offences.

Pool did get the luck though

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:In think we were very unlucky against Pool as well - 2 dodgy goals and an awful sending off, I thought we played quite well.

2 dodgy goal's?? An awful sending off?? Your totally deluded. What was wrong with the second goal and how was it a dodgy sending off. That idiot Mr t lookalike totally deserved to be sent off, you got beat fair and square get over it.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:33 pm

God you lot are sore loser's. Good luck for the rest of the season you will need it. Udinese are awful like the rest of the Italian league and you were really really lucky to go through.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:38 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:In think we were very unlucky against Pool as well - 2 dodgy goals and an awful sending off, I thought we played quite well.

2 dodgy goal's?? An awful sending off?? Your totally deluded. What was wrong with the second goal and how was it a dodgy sending off. That idiot Mr t lookalike totally deserved to be sent off, you got beat fair and square get over it.

You could add some of your own points and observations to counter my points.

I said it was 2 dodgy goals as both were offside and therefore shouldn't have stood. I also felt the booking against 'Mr T lookalike' (what a comment) Frimpong was very soft.

Seeing as you beat us by 2 goals after we'd been reduced to 10 men and had lost 1 of our main CB's, I think you could say the above decisions influenced the game

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

Also I fail to see how beating a team (even if they aren't exactly one of the best sides in Italy/Europe) comfortably by 2/3 goals (depending on if you count away goals) with 60% possession is being lucky to go through.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:44 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Your totally deluded.

His totally deluded what? Doh

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

Thought Arsenals youngsters did a good job
obviously the penalty save was a big turning point
As stated earlier 4 games played & only 1 defeat hardly makes a crisis
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote:

You could add some of your own points and observations to counter my points.

I said it was 2 dodgy goals as both were offside and therefore shouldn't have stood. I also felt the booking against 'Mr T lookalike' (what a comment) Frimpong was very soft.

Seeing as you beat us by 2 goals after we'd been reduced to 10 men and had lost 1 of our main CB's, I think you could say the above decisions influenced the game

Your serious? I thought you were taking the urine. The first goal Suarez is offside but never actually touches the ball so by the letter of the law there was nothing wrong with that. Second goal there is absolutley nothing wrong with that goal if you knew the rule's of football and the second phase rule you would know this.

The sending off. The first yellow Pingpong stop's Henderson from taking a quick throw and then square's up to him that's a certain yellow. Second yellow Pingpong make's an awful challenge on Lucas it's late and high and could have broken his leg could have been a straight red for Pingpong easily.

Talk about sour grape's. You manager even said we deserved to win and he's a sore loser too but not as bad as you.

dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

There's no way Frimpong (you can at least use his real name) deserved his 1st booking, and to say the 2nd was a straight red makes me think you are on a wind up. Lots of pundits have said that both (or at least 1) goal was offside as well.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:There's no way Frimpong (you can at least use his real name) deserved his 1st booking, and to say the 2nd was a straight red makes me think you are on a wind up. Lots of pundits have said that both (or at least 1) goal was offside as well.

Stopping someone from taking a quick throw or free kick is a yellow in itself never mind squaring up someone in the same few second's. I don't listen to pundit's I make my own mind up based on the RULE'S of the game the first one might have been given offside on another day but the second goal was not offside in any way, shape, or form.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:56 pm

I do get a feeling that the Arsenal youngsters are far better than they are made out just purely because it's Arsenal and they are expected to be strong given the clubs history. They don't quite have it against the top guys just yet but have proved that they can do a fantastic job at a high level.

However there is the question of can they be built up to be strong enough to win things? Not so sure... Think Arsenal need a mix of there best youngsters and to sink some big money into the club.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down