The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubland V Donegal Thread

+8
akaredtop
dublfcynwa
Irish Curry
bluemoda
Thomond
Cari
RebelBhoy
Gaelic-Warrior
12 posters

Go down

Dubland V Donegal Thread Empty Dubland V Donegal Thread

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Ok then, with the second semi this weekend between the jacks and the big lads from the north-west who play the ugly fitba I thought we could get some predictions in. There's been a bit of talk in the build-up to this one and a few interesting opinions. Former Armagh boss big Joe Kernan seems to have a bit of confidence in donegal citing them as "an example to others" and is relatively impressed with their change in work ethic from last year and the turnaround they've made since he last saw them. True enough, they've got a great work ethic but that work is going into an ugly looking style that has attracted some criticism, including from legendary Cork man Billy Morgan. Their style is effective but Morgan has criticised them for being far too defensive and hopes that it dosen't become the norm and really ruin the game. Differing opinions coming from Tyrone also with Mickey feeling that the Dubs have the more talented players accross the board and that they may find the sights and sounds of thousands of drunken unintelligible Dubs on Hill 16 a little intimidating. While the father of the McGuigan's says that the Dubs shouldn't take too much confidence from beating a Tyrone side that isn't what it used to be. Coming from the Dublin camp itself Bernie is adamant that the dubs won't be affected by their own hype..... Laugh

Personally, I feel the men of tir chonnail will continue to play their ugly lookin fitba and frustrate the dubs as much as possible. However despite some of their own cynicism the I'm confident the dubs have enough attacking power to break donegal in the end as long as the brogan clan, paul flynn, cahill and co are on target and they control the midfield well. Also I'm going for the Dubs as almost every single team I've went for this year has suffered terribly.
GW's prediction- Dubs by 6
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Dubland V Donegal Thread Empty Re: Dubland V Donegal Thread

Post by RebelBhoy Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm going for the Dubs too. hopefully by a truck load. I then hope both teams lose the final badly.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:46 pm

And I was starting to think we could end up with something a wee bit better than that a while ago this season.

ABD- Anyone but Dublin.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:48 pm

UP THE DUBS!!!!I think they'll win this by...ooh....ummmm....four points. Very Happy Can't fecking wait!!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Donegal by 3. Have a feeling.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:04 pm

I'd love a Dublin -v- Kerry final.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:57 pm

[quote="Gaelic-Warrior"]And I was starting to think we could end up with something a wee bit better than that a while ago this season.

ABD- Anyone but Dublin. [/quote] laughing

If Brogan gets injured then its bye bye Dublin. This match is basicly a match to see who plays worse "Football", Donegal to win by 2. I just cant bare the thought of a Kerry Dublin final Run
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

Ah............. More jealous mucksavage's. Hope you enjoy the game on Sun there's nothing like having your team in the later stage's of the champ. Maybe Cork or Meath can be there next year.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:09 am

Nah, it will be tipp next year. We'll do the double. Just ye watch.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:10 am

I find it funny the amount of posters on here who do not want a Kerry Dublin final. The 2010 final did not have either of them and it was a complete borefest. Down played rubbish and Cork matched them but fell over the line. Totally forgettable.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:22 am

Last year wasn't the best final ever but it wasn't that bad. The thing about a Dublin V Kerry final would be the irritating predictable nostalgic ramblings in the media about the 1970's. Indeed the best thing about a Dub Kiri match-up would be watching those Jacks get built up to high heaven before being humped.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 am

Indeed the best thing about a Dub Kiri match-up would be watching those Jacks get built up to high heaven before being humped.[/quote].

Oh pleese, can I do the humping - before Cari get there.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:49 am

Kerry v Dublin would be pretty boring as it would involve Dublin's negative football. I don't think I will watch Sunday it's going to be so bad,worse than watching paint dry.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 am

bluemoda wrote:Oh pleese, can I do the humping - before Cari get there.

Steady on moda! You'd beat Cari there anyway, this a big bit of water in her way. laughing

Kerry'd still be alright to watch but Dublin would be pretty awful in the AI Final. On Sunday though I expect Donegal to make the Dubs look like one of the most entertaining teams ever by comparison.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 am

raspberry Yeah blummin' Irish Sea...why hasn't the bridge from here to there been finished yet? They built a ruddy great long one in China...

Anyway, I'll be there in spirit ( Crying or Very sad )

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:14 am

I'm afraid its Donegal for me. The perennial bottlers have not inspired me to think otherwise.
I think Donegal by three or four.
If the Dubs employ the same strategy they did for the Tyrone game its very likely to be the worst game in an overall poor championship.
Much as it pains me as an Ulster man if it is Donegal v Kerry for the good of football it would be better if Kerry gve them a tanking.
I wouldnt take a whole lot of joy or happiness out of it.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:47 am

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:I'm afraid its Donegal for me. The perennial bottlers have not inspired me to think otherwise.
If the Dubs employ the same strategy they did for the Tyrone game its very likely to be the worst game in an overall poor championship.
Much as it pains me as an Ulster man if it is Donegal v Kerry for the good of football it would be better if Kerry gve them a tanking.

Ha ha love it. I don't think were that great myself but I would be surprised if we did'nt beat Donegal. Having said that I was more confident of us beating them in 92 so you never know. The game is sold out so that's more money for the Dublin hurling fund lol
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:12 am

dublfcynwa wrote:
Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:I'm afraid its Donegal for me. The perennial bottlers have not inspired me to think otherwise.

Ha ha love it. I don't think were that great myself but I would be surprised if we did'nt beat Donegal. Having said that I was more confident of us beating them in 92 so you never know. The game is sold out so that's more money for the Dublin hurling fund lol

Not sure you can actually buy the McCarthy cup. As a matter of interest was there more than one culchie import on the hurling team this year.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:48 am

Yes 3 lad's from the country who have all been good Maurice O Brien (Limerick) Niall Corcaran(Galway) and ODwyer(Tipp) happy to have them.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:26 am

Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:Much as it pains me as an Ulster man if it is Donegal v Kerry for the good of football it would be better if Kerry gve them a tanking.

it wouldnt be good for football imo i can understand if defensive football wins over pure football everyone will copy the defensive game plan of donegal but yet another kerry victory will not be good for football a non traditional county winning will do more than a traditional county like kerry or dublin winning.

although if donegal do win this year they will have beaton tyrone kildare dublin and kerry in one campaign not too many winners have that kind of record their football might not be pretty but its effective.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am

dublfcynwa wrote:Yes 3 lad's from the country who have all been good Maurice O Brien (Limerick) Niall Corcaran(Galway) and ODwyer(Tipp) happy to have them.

Yeah. 3 lads who are up in "the big schmoke" and don't have to wear the weltans anymore!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 am

John Cregan wrote:
Yeah. 3 lads who are up in "the big schmoke" and don't have to wear the weltans anymore!!!
Laugh

Free schticks and a geansais.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 pm

UP THE DUBS!!!! Yahoo

Can't wait for this, and the minors semi beforehand. Has to be a better result than yesterday's sport! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Like to say Up the Dubs, it would be a great Final and would remind you of the Finals years ago but like to see Donegal get to the Final as well because they have only won it once before

Last edited by sharky066 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous atm
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:46 pm

patrick91 wrote:
Ar aghaidh le cheile wrote:Much as it pains me as an Ulster man if it is Donegal v Kerry for the good of football it would be better if Kerry gve them a tanking.

it wouldnt be good for football imo i can understand if defensive football wins over pure football everyone will copy the defensive game plan of donegal but yet another kerry victory will not be good for football a non traditional county winning will do more than a traditional county like kerry or dublin winning.

although if donegal do win this year they will have beaton tyrone kildare dublin and kerry in one campaign not too many winners have that kind of record their football might not be pretty but its effective.

Patrick
Definition of traditional county is hard to pin down. Dublin are not in the same category as Kerry. If recent success is the real test the Dubs have only won two titles since 1977 and 16 of their total come before 1960. If you want to use the last 30 years as the definition then I am afraid that kerry stand out with Cork Meath and Tyrone in the next group and the poor auld dubs despite the advantages they have in the same category as Down and Galway. If today opponents were to beat the dubs an go onto win the AI they would also be on two wins in the last 30 years.
Maybe we should pity them more than whatever?

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down