The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostbusters 3 to go into production

+3
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Ghostbusters 3 to go into production Empty Ghostbusters 3 to go into production

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

Hollywood has been pushing to make a third Ghostbusters for years, but nothing has ever really come of it. The big obstacle, all along, has been Bill Murray. Simply put, Bill isn’t very enthusiastic idea. So the project has stalled despite several different attempts because the people behind it know as well as we do that, well, no one wants to see a Ghostbusters movie without Bill Murray in it.

Eventually though, the promise of the potential money to be made was bound to outweigh any sense of loyalty to Murray and it sounds like Ghostbusters 3 is at last full steam ahead, whether Bill is involved or not.

Original Ghostbuster Dan Akyroyd, and one of the biggest driving forces behind Ghostbusters 3, appeared on the Dennis Miller Radio Show earlier today and talked about their plans for the sequel. He says rather definitively, “we begin production in the spring, I hope.” That’s the first time anyone has really set a date. Why are they suddenly moving forward? Because they’ve given up on Bill Murray.

At least that’s my take away from the full interview, which you can listen to here. In it Akyroyd says:

We will be doing the movie. And hopefully with Mr. Murray. That is our hope. We have an excellent script and uh, what we have to remember is that Ghostbusters is kind of bigger than any one component. Although Billy was absolutely the lead and was contributive to it in a massive way… The concept is much bigger than an individual role.

Translation: We really want Bill involved but we’re not going to sit around waiting on him anymore. This movie is happening with or without him.

In the end, it may not even matter. The way Akyroyd talks about the movie, the original Ghostbusters will only be there to hand their proton packs over to a bunch of younger actors. He explains:

The promise of Ghostbusters 3 is that we get to hand the equipment and the franchise down to new blood. We are going to hand it to a new generation.

So for anyone hoping to see Akyroyd, Ramis, Murray and the rest off on another adventure: forget it. Whether or not they have Murray this movie is now all about handing things over to a bunch of kids designed to fit a specific demographic. They even have it mapped out. When talking about who they’ll cast as the new Ghostbusters Akyroyd says, “one woman and a man.”

As for whether or not they have anyone specific in mind, Akyroyd hints: “I like this guy Matthew Grey Gubler from the Criminal Minds show.”
Source: http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/film/ghostbusters-3-shooting-spring-bill-murray.html

So is it a good idea or not?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters 3 to go into production Empty Re: Ghostbusters 3 to go into production

Post by ADMIN Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm

If they get guys from the likes of Saturday Night Live like how the likes of Murray & Akyroyd were (and Ramis & Moranis were on SCTV a Chicago based comedy show) then it could work, they need to ensure though it's about the characters and don't just go down the cgi route or try to make the guys look too cool, they're weren't cool then, they were nerdy misfits in a naff ambulance van living in a old fire station.

Weird to think how good the original was when it was planned originally to have John Candy as Moranis's geek, Eddie Murphy as Winston, Chevy Chase as Spengler and John Belushi in Murray's lead role.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters 3 to go into production Empty Re: Ghostbusters 3 to go into production

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 26 Aug 2011, 8:56 am

Personally I don't think they should touch it - it was a product of its time, and if they try and update it then it's inevitably going to fall into the pitfalls Hero mentions. Which would be a shame because I love the two originals.

And that's before we even get onto Bill Murray. If they can't get the original cast, it should also be a no-no in my book.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

Well said Electric Demon. thumbsup

As a matter of fact I don't even think they should make it with the original cast, as they're all a bit past doing stuff like that now.

Harrison Ford in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull anyone?

I mean, how many (good) different scenarios can you make? First one had a trans-dimensional portal with a demonic entity trying to take over the world, plus regular ghosts. The second one featured pink, psycho-kinetic goo formed from peoples' bad vibes...and the spirit of a medieval Vlad-the Impaler type character trapped in a painting.

Where do you go from there? Disturbed Indian burial site? Pet semetary? Site of a war massacre?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

[Bill] was contributive to it in a massive way

Oh my, Dan. What did your last English teacher die of, neglect?

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:54 pm

I think the only way to do it, if at all, is do a full reboot like Star Trek did with the recent film. If you try to keep it in the 'same world' you will end up with more comparisons than if you said 'we can't do the same as the originals, so we're starting again'.

And even then I'm still not sure if it would be a good idea!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

I'm so happy this is being made.
they finished off the Rocky, Terminator series etc in a nice way, so it would be nice for the old gang to come together one last time too!

You can see the plot a mile off to be honest, in Ghostbusters 2, the baby was possesed by Vigo the Carpathian (the guy in the painting), now 20 years later the baby is grown up and Vigo's soul has come to the surface. Dana Barratt (Sigourney Weaver) is worried and finds all the old team, and they go battling ghosts again. Though this time as their getting on a bit now, they get the help of a few younger people (maybe their kids), and after they beat Vigo, they will have their own series!

Plot sorted, now to make it work! Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

Please leave this alone. It doesn't need to be brought back

although I must admit until there's actual evidence of it being in production and not just hearsay I'll believe it when I see it, but once again please don't go there.

Also Dryewolfe, it was widely rumoured that the script was supposed to be a Hell on Earth kind of thing where the Hell has literally opened to the streets of New York, also the cast has been rumoured and predicted since the first whisperings of a sequel where released. I think Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd and even Turk from Scrubs have all been mentioned. Even th einclusion of a female Ghostbuster believed to be Faith from Buffy or anna Faris from the Scary Movie films and the original Ghostbusters where only in it to pass the torch to a new breed

But I have to agree with Bill Murray on this one who is widely critical of, especially in this day and age the script playing second fiddle to CGI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down