The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge review

+8
QuickBall
mckay1402
Irish Curry
wrfc1980
tomhughesnice
Mickado
beshocked
perand25
12 posters

Go down

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge review Empty Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge review

Post by perand25 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 am

Heres a review of Rugby Challenge

http://www.rugbyspectator.com/2011/08/jonah-lomu-rugby-challenge-playstation-3-xbox-360-review/

Not sure how accurate it is as they did give RWC 2011 8 out of ten

perand25

Back to top Go down

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge review Empty Re: Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge review

Post by beshocked Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 am

perand25 the difference is the times of the review - 23rd June and 8th August.

Bit worried about the criticism of the Rugby challenge gameplay which is arguably the most important bit.

The review for the rugby world cup game doesn't seem as in depth as the IGN one.

Best to wait for the IGN review to see where Rugby challenge really is.

I reckon it will probably get 7/10.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

It looks WAY better than the WC game.
The rucks, mauls, scrums, lineouts kicking from hand all look much more realistic.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am

After watching allot of gameplay footage, the only major flaw im seeing is the offloading ability. It seems like everyone can offload like Sonny bill Williams on a really good day, so it might take allot of restraint not to press the offload button sometimes.

But this may be largely due to the teams playing, as it has been said by the developers that teams like SA and Eng will play a more conservative brand of rugby.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I've played a demo of the EA rugby world cup game on the Xbox 360. Granted you only get to play the first half of England v South Africa (I've only ever played as England) in the demo but its enough to give a taste of the game. In my opinion is pretty good to be honest.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 pm

As a few people have said the coments on the gameplay is worrying as that is the most importent part of the game never mind the flashy extras they have put in. Still a bad rugby game is better then none so I will still buy it if I can find some money under the sofa or something.
Career mode looks interessing though and hopefully they do a better job of it then FIFA do in the soccer game.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 pm

I think I'll reserve judgement until I've played it. Been looking forward to both of these so I'm going to buy challenge first and then rwc.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickBall Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

I've been waiting for a good rugby game since the RWC 2003/4 edition. with a good career mode, and now that the pro12 is in the lomu game, that just might swing it from the official RWC game.
QuickBall
QuickBall

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 pm

I was a forward so i'm not that fussed about set plays.

Can't wait for this one.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Being someone who has and does play in the backs and forwards I can tell you it does make things better. Even simple ones like dropping back in the pocket, a loop or a switch pass would have been nice.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Sometimes you find your 9 passing it to a forward when you really want to get it out wide and it can be frustrating.

Wow, just like real life.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Irish curry from what I've watched over the last few weeks there isn't many teams that can pull off a set play, stick it up your jumper and go forward seems to be the order of the day, mind you this is better than the aerial ping pong that was going on before, just!

But I agree there should have been 3/4 options how they've missed this is a tad worrying
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Having went out and just payed £35 for the RWC game i was a little disappointed with the pace of the game , it all seems slow and static with a poor CPU to play against.

I do like the new little tweaks to the breakdown however with the ability to win turnover ball when the ball carrier is isolated along with the option on how you want to defend the ruck area so it feels like theres a bit more structure to the game.

However the main disappointing was not having licences for Australia and New Zealand which will more than likely upset people.

I hand it a solid 8/10 for the improvements in game play but i imagine Lomu will over take it and push it's ratings down to 6/10

I'd recommend saving pennies for Jonah Lomu rugby challenge.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by JayMaster3000 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:09 pm

I follow both games very closely on their respective forums.

From what I'm gathering from game play videos, what the Sidhe developers have said and what the kiwis, who already have the game, have said is that the passing and offloads seem to be the main issue. There's a few other things with RC but nothing to much to worry about. In all honesty it appears the camp (RC forum) is split 60-40 on the passing mechanism. However the developers have explained a few things and the strategy involved in passing. Though I haven't played the game their explanations do seem to make sense and, only from what I read, gives the impression of a cracking game.

From what I've played from the demo (and rugby 08) I'm not impressed with the game at all. I'm not spending £40 on a product which is just the same, or worse in terms of game modes. For a "next generation" game I am very unimpressed with their final product.

JayMaster3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down