The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New stand opening at Rodney Parade! Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC.

4 posters

Go down

New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Empty New stand opening at Rodney Parade! Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC.

Post by Shifty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 6:00 pm

New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor11 - Sorry I really wanted to get this smiley in.

Next Saturday (3rd of September), Newport will play Llanelli at Rodney Parade (14:30 kick off), and will be celebrating the opening of their new Bisley / East Stand. If I'm off work, or if I can finish early enough I'm going to try and make it to see the game.
They also want to try and do a fire evacuation at the end of the game so they can get their safety certificate, so if you live near there try and go to help them out.
Hope to see some of you there New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor11
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Empty Re: New stand opening at Rodney Parade! Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC.

Post by RubyGuby Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:58 pm

AlynDavies wrote:New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor11 - Sorry I really wanted to get this smiley in.

Next Saturday (3rd of September), Newport will play Llanelli at Rodney Parade (14:30 kick off), and will be celebrating the opening of their new Bisley / East Stand. If I'm off work, or if I can finish early enough I'm going to try and make it to see the game.
They also want to try and do a fire evacuation at the end of the game so they can get their safety certificate, so if you live near there try and go to help them out.
Hope to see some of you there New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor11

The Ospreys have been doing an evacuation for each home game for 2 seasons, there's nothing new in it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Empty Re: New stand opening at Rodney Parade! Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC.

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:09 am

RubyGuby wrote:The Ospreys have been doing an evacuation for each home game for 2 seasons, there's nothing new in it thumbsup
You meanie! New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Cry11
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

I'm going down for that one! Want to take a look at the shiney new stand before the curry and beer stains get all over it! Very Happy
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

Impossible Standards wrote:I'm going down for that one! Want to take a look at the shiney new stand before the curry and beer stains get all over it! Very Happy

It looks stunning, however they do have concrete entry an exit points embedded near the seats, and they seem to have borders around them, these seem to protrude outwards, and on the extreme sides I wonder how much you will actually be able to see because of them obstructing the view. Looking at it fromthe Hazell stand, the people on the ends will only be able to see the dead ball line area. Shocked
Hopefully It's just an illusion from looking at the stand directly.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

I'm sure it will be ok! I may walk down to the ends though to test out your theory! Very Happy

After standing in the Hazel terrace for years you get used to having your view blocked. Those support pillars always seemed to get in the way!

Hope you get chance to get to the match, Alyn! OK
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

Impossible Standards wrote:I'm sure it will be ok! I may walk down to the ends though to test out your theory! Very Happy

After standing in the Hazel terrace for years you get used to having your view blocked. Those support pillars always seemed to get in the way!

Hope you get chance to get to the match, Alyn! OK

Yes me too. I'm definatly going to the Ospreys game with my brother in laws (Season ticket), and I'm almost certain to go to the Scarlets Vs Aironi game (I popped down there Sunday to find Car Park B, after going to the Liberty stadium boot sale). so it's just a question of trying to squeeze in the Saturday game against Llanelli now. To be honest I can't see me leaving the Hazell stand though, I will miss the high grade Carling from the Walk About, the barmaids with tatoos, and buxom teenage girl with her boobs hanging out, while leaning against the wall on the half way line, in the Hazell stand terrace, and the foxy red head, with an attitude who sits in seat K1. Headscratch
But they say you should try everything once!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

and the foxy red head, with an attitude who sits in seat K1

I hope your significant other doesn't read this site! Shocked
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

Impossible Standards wrote:I hope your significant other doesn't read this site! Shocked
I think I'm safe, she's probably watching Twilight and drooling all over Jacob... Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

Very Happy
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

Enjoy the games lads thumbsup I live in Cornwall but was back in Neath for the Bank Holiday - Always get the Fri, Sat and Sunday games on Satellite though so in touch as much as I can be - Come on Walessssssssss! Very Happy

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Enjoy the games lads thumbsup I live in Cornwall but was back in Neath for the Bank Holiday - Always get the Fri, Sat and Sunday games on Satellite though so in touch as much as I can be - Come on Walessssssssss! Very Happy
Ok well it may be in England, but at least the Cornish are Celts... thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Not going myself as I'll be playing for somebody else, but I hope they get the required certificate so the Dragons can use the stand for the Aironi game.

I'm a bit disappointed that given that the Dragons will play later that evening on S4C, that the Dragons aren't getting together with Newport and making a big deal over a double header. Could make a right day of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Christ, Dragons can't win, not enough affiliation with Ponty etc and too much wioth Newport now not enough with Newport Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:27 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Not going myself as I'll be playing for somebody else, but I hope they get the required certificate so the Dragons can use the stand for the Aironi game.

I'm a bit disappointed that given that the Dragons will play later that evening on S4C, that the Dragons aren't getting together with Newport and making a big deal over a double header. Could make a right day of it.

Only the new stand will be open for the New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor12 Vs Llanelli game. The terracing and Hazell stands will be closed. I'm not sure you could of fitted all the Dragons fans into the new stand to be honest.
The Dragons will also be away that day, it's probably better all round to let New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. Newpor12 open the stadium and let the Dragons use it when it's all sorted out.

munkian wrote:Christ, Dragons can't win, not enough affiliation with Ponty etc and too much wioth Newport now not enough with Newport Very Happy
I don't think that's fair, clearly the Dragons and Newport are VERY close, you only have to look at the Dragons / Newport season ticket offer to see that. For £5 extra you get a Newport season ticket with your Dragons one.
Though it's too the Dragons credit they are making the effort to branch out, I think they have a strong tie up with Cross Keys, and possibly Pontypool also.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

I'm not having a go there, but they want the stand open fully so why not Market it as a theoretical double header.

I don't know what Newport's attendances are like, but I'd imagine they aren't that good or there wouldn't be announcements etc asking for Dragons supporters to attend. I know that they're only using the Bisley Stand though and I am not bothered by the fact Newport open the stand. It would just be a good idea to make a fuss that you can watch Newport v Llanelli at RP then watch Munster v Dragons that evening in the clubhouse. I've already seen people ask on the Facebook page whether the Dragons game will be shown in the clubhouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Sorry Rev/Alyn, I was joking, was just trying to wind up all these anti NEWPORT Gwent Dragons posters Hug
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I'm not having a go there, but they want the stand open fully so why not Market it as a theoretical double header.

I don't know what Newport's attendances are like, but I'd imagine they aren't that good or there wouldn't be announcements etc asking for Dragons supporters to attend. I know that they're only using the Bisley Stand though and I am not bothered by the fact Newport open the stand. It would just be a good idea to make a fuss that you can watch Newport v Llanelli at RP then watch Munster v Dragons that evening in the clubhouse. I've already seen people ask on the Facebook page whether the Dragons game will be shown in the clubhouse.

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember the tannoy announcer saying they needed 3,000 people at the Llanelli game to get the safety certificate and he asked people to attend for that reason, then asked them to please stay for a mock evacuation afterwards. So I think their trying to promote the game so they get the certificate so it doesn't affect the Dragons season. The Dragons first home game isn't until the 17th of September until Aironi though, so plenty of time to sort it out either way.

http://www.blackandambers.co.uk/newsarticle.aspx?n=18384

We appreciate that you, our loyal supporters have been very patient whilst all the work on the stadium has been going on around you. We hope that when you look at the new stand and the reclad Hazell Stand you will think it was well worth the wait. There is however one last thing that needs to be done and to achieve that we have one final favour to ask of you all.

To get our full safety certificate we need to comply with the regulations that require us to stage a full evacuation of the new stand. We are aiming to do this at our first home game against Llanelli RFC on the 3rd September. To do it we need as many people as possible in the new stand so that we can organise and prove the required evacuation works.

We are offering a one off opportunity to enjoy seats in the brand new Bisley Stand and to see the facilities on offer at no extra cost. The constraints imposed on us mean that none of the terraces or the Hazell Stand will be open for that match, we appreciate that many people normally prefer to watch their rugby standing on the terraces but we are asking that for this one off occasion you help your club by taking a seat in the stand. The ticket prices will reflect the fact that you will all be helping us with the evacuation procedure which will be at the end of the game.

We are very excited by the potential this years team have shown in training and pre season friendlies. The prospect of having such a wonderful new stadium to play in coupled with the new training facilities and gym, (when finished) augers well for the coming season.

Can we thank you all in advance for your help and co-operation.

If you need any further information please contact us at the club.

The stand looks lovely in the picture.

New stand opening at Rodney Parade!  Newport RFC Vs Llanelli RFC. 2pza9vr
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down