The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place

3 posters

Go down

Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place Empty Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:29 am

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/redcliffe-dolphins-emerge-as-new-player-in-rugby-league-expansion-plans/story-e6frep5o-1226123475016
This has come as a suprprise to me and many others. They have played their cards very close to their chest on this one.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place Empty Re: Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place

Post by Pal Joey Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:35 pm

Yes the Dolphins would be a great addition to the NRL. Whilst Souths Logan would have a decent catchment in the area between the City and the Gold Coast - I think an NRL club situated on the Bruce Highway corridor up the Sunshine Coast all the way to Wide Bay (Redcliffe Dolphins-SC Eagles) is a very attractive proposition considering they are already well established.

Plenty of room and improving infrastructure, not to mention a rapidly growing population would make great sense.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place Empty Re: Redcliffe Dolphins bid for NRL place

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

well I think it has to be on one of the Northern Coasts, the worst thing that could happen to New Zealand league would be if Wellington won a bid.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 6:11 am

Would that affect the player resources for the Warriors, laurie?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 8:33 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: well I think it has to be on one of the Northern Coasts, the worst thing that could happen to New Zealand league would be if Wellington won a bid.
It will probably a while before there is another NZ NRL club. I would expect the next 2 NRL clubs to be Perth and the Central Coast. After that i would expect another NZ club to join the competition along with another club from Queensland, but thats down the line. What i expect to happen and what will happen is not something i would put my mortgage on though.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

I think there'll be another Qld club in the NRL before the CC Bears.

I'm not so keen on the Perth bid - but I understand they have a lot of money behind them. I would rather it was Redcliffe and Gosford... but it's looking more likely to be Redcliffe and Perth.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm

Linebreaker
The problem with wellington is that it drains the off field resources eg sponsorship etc from not only the Warriors but also club level league. players are not a problem,there's plenty of them,every NRL team has anumber of New zealanders,and most under 20's tems as well.
A problem that I find at times with New Zealanders especially those that support the Warriors is that they really aren't rugby league people,they love the TV exposure etc that the NRL brings but they wouldn't know where their local suburban RL club is,let alone been inside it or attended a game.
During May/June i spent some time in queensland and got to watch a number of Q cup games and the standard is higher and faster than what we have got going on here.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down