The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ripon Preview

2 posters

Go down

Ripon Preview Empty Ripon Preview

Post by racingnut Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Well kiddies im actually going to brave the elements and embark on the annual soiree to Ripon.Good fun day for all although the card is less than appetizing.Had a bit of a study and came up with this bunch.

2.25 Absolutely dreadful affair,couldnt possibly get financially involved in this dross.ANGEL KISS would be the selection but not for betting purposes.

3.00 Not much better than the opener if truth be told,Landaman will be all the rage but the ground will have a little cut in it for sure and i thought that might just suit DFFRA.Ran with a modicum of promise in the Spring at HQ and at a real workingmans price,you never know.Minimal ew.

3.35 Very competitive renewal with plenty of chances.Course and distance form around here is worth a few pounds in my book,a handful of these have shown apptitude for this place and with a real gallop looking assured i think DUBAI DYNAMO can be dropped late to take the spoils.He has to have the race run to suit and although hes far from well handicapped i think its the race style and not the ratings that count for this fella.Solid ew for me.

4.10 Fair event it has to be said with some nice types.Plenty who will want to force it and that must surely suit GOLD CITY.Will enjoy any cut in the ground and i can see him getting a good tow into it and then coming home the best.He rates a solid bet for me.

4.45 Not a great event but plenty of them have some sort of squeak.NASHARRA has first time head gear and i take the blinds to do the trick as long as they dont "light" him up.If he gets away and onto the frontend then he might take some pegging back.Not a betting race.

5.20 Similar to the previous in that plenty hold some chance.I like horses that run well at Salisbury as its one of the most demanding flat tracks in the country.ICEBUSTER ran with real credit last time and the step up to 9f will be a big plus.Looks to be a solid pace angle so id be quite hopeful of a good show.Smallish stakes win only.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Ripon Preview Empty Re: Ripon Preview

Post by Dass Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

2.25 Angel Kiss - Trainer good record and think this is first time blinkers.
3:00 Quadrant - Trainers record is whats swung it for me.
3:35 Silvery Moon - 10lb raise is a worry but think he has enough left to win this.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

16:10 Gerfalcon - sticking with this horse who got me place money last time, got a soft spot for this one.
16:45 Elusive Prince - hoping the drop in class will be enoug to get his head in front.
17:20 Free Art - Not a race I like at all but I do like the jockey and how the horse did when stepped up in trip last time.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Good fun day with the strife and rugrats but a horrible punting day,one of those almost days.Left the first two events alone,they were dreadful heats.Got involved to small stakes on Dubai Dynamo in the big hcap,the high draw just kept nagging away in my mind and so it proved,he missed the kick,got behind and had no chance.The more i looked at the Two Year Old Trophy the more i was convinced about Gold City and when 6s was available i hoovered it up,still cant believe he got beat,for 5f 175yds it was in the bag but Gerfalcon swamped him close home.Two nice horses but i take Gold City to be the better 3yo,he is a nice sized individual who will grow into his frame.One for the future.The 6f hcap got the swerve and i went for the getting out stakes on Icebuster.If young Millman had steered anything like a off the rails passage he would have won fair and square but up the inner at Ripon doesnt happen very often,by the time he got out the winner had flown and he just couldnt get him back.A shade unlucky on two fronts but ive been there more times than i care to mention.One horse that goes into the notebook from yesterday and thats GOLD CITY,he will be a nice 3yo.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:14 pm

Glad you had a good day not had a day at the races in a while myself which is a shame.

Yeah first two races were awful and so was the last as well, others were quite enjoyable affairs though. Thought Silvery Moon looked quite good through out the race but when asked the question didn't have anything and the 10lb looked to have played its part. Like Ruth Carr's runners and DD is a game horse was a shame to see the fluffed start resulting in the race lost from then on.

Elusive Prince backed up what he looked like on paper... the winner. Nice win and shame I had no money on it.

I like Gerfalcon a lot I think he's a battler of a horse the type that will drive all the way to the line was the same at York previously when 3rd. Gold City looks more impressive though and could well turn out to be the better 3yr old in terms of scope. What impressed me about Gerfalcon was the wide draw and then the poor way he seemed to travel through out the race before battling on to win.

Will be keeping an eye on both for there 3yo seasons. Not sure how to take Gerfalcons run at York in terms of form lines though.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

Gerfalcons form is starting to stack up well.Plenty of winners have come from the races hes contested.He looks a real player for one of the big sales races,maybe the Tote race at Redcar.Hes already a gelding so tilting at the group race windmill might not be on the horizon as it wouldnt serve for his stud value.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down