The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal offer free tickets

+2
super_realist
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Arsenal offer free tickets Empty Arsenal offer free tickets

Post by Adam D Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

In the wake of the 8-2 drubbing at Old Trafford, Arsenal are going to be giving free tickets out to the travelling fans from yesterdays game.

Arsenal are offering to compensate fans who travelled to Sunday's 8-2 thrashing by Manchester United with a free ticket to a future away match.

The Gunners conceded eight goals for the first time since 1896 in the embarrassing reverse at Old Trafford.

A club statement said: "Sunday's result was obviously disappointing for everyone connected with the club.

"Our travelling fans were magnificent throughout and we want to recognise their fantastic support."

The club will be writing to fans with more details of the offer.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he felt humilated by the crushing defeat, which left the Gunners with just one point from their opening three games of the Premier League season.

full story - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14709618.stm

What do you make of this? Do you think its the right thing to do?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal offer free tickets Empty Re: Arsenal offer free tickets

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 pm

It's a decent gesture but I'd doubt it'll do much to appease those traveling fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm sure the fans would rather Wenger actually spent some of it.
Winning and losing is part of the game, it would be boring if you won every game.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

super_realist wrote:I'm sure the fans would rather Wenger actually spent some of it.
Winning and losing is part of the game, it would be boring if you won every game.

It is one thing to lose, but that scoreline was downright embarrassing. I am not an Arsenal or Man Utd fan (I support Liverpool), but I really felt bad for all Arsenal fans.

That was an unprecedented massacre that should not have happened.

Arsenal simply did not defend in that match. The amount of space that Man Utd had was unacceptable.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I'd 8-2 have paid so much for a ticket and then watch my team get hammered, good PR from the club. IIRC another club has done something similar this season as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Churchill wrote:I'd 8-2 have paid so much for a ticket and then watch my team get hammered, good PR from the club. IIRC another club has done something similar this season as well.

That joke wore out about 6.15 last night Churchy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Still rather funny when a top team concedes 8 goals though Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Although it's good for the fans, I don't think it is a necessary gesture. Surely part of being a football fan is that occasionally your team will get thumped every now and again. Just because Arsenal are one of the 'big' teams it is seen as worse for them than perhaps for other teams.

Are Villareal going to be offering their fans a refund after tonight? Or Zaragoza from last night for that matter?

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 am

kemet wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm sure the fans would rather Wenger actually spent some of it.

It is one thing to lose, but that scoreline was downright embarrassing. I am not an Arsenal or Man Utd fan (I support Liverpool), but I really felt bad for all Arsenal fans.

That was an unprecedented massacre that should not have happened.

Arsenal simply did not defend in that match. The amount of space that Man Utd had was unacceptable.

Well Arsenal fans should be used to Utd scoring plenty of goals against their team, it really shouldn't have been that much of a shock.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 pm

I think it is the very least Arsenal could have done for their travelling fans after that disgraceful performance.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down