The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic

4 posters

Go down

2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic Empty 2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic

Post by bogbrush Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 am

Just watching the warm up for Djokovic's match and I hear his hapless Irish opponent is apparantly quite ill and there's a high chance he won't be able to complete the match.

As seasoned observers know, Nole is unable to play in Grand Slams unless he has his matches neatly spaced out; not too fast and not too slow, and the likely default of the Irish journeyman makes him a pushover for his 2nd round opponent.

Once again the "Fognini" conspiracy comes to mind, and allied to the irrefutable proof that 1 in 64 happenings don't occur anywhere socals theories about the plan by the shadowy tennis authorities to pull down the Lion-hearted (Cincilattil excepted) Serb carry greater weight. I mean, they're even speeding the courts up against him, aren't they??!!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic Empty Re: 2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic

Post by socal1976 Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:00 am

bogbrush wrote:Just watching the warm up for Djokovic's match and I hear his hapless Irish opponent is apparantly quite ill and there's a high chance he won't be able to complete the match.

As seasoned observers know, Nole is unable to play in Grand Slams unless he has his matches neatly spaced out; not too fast and not too slow, and the likely default of the Irish journeyman makes him a pushover for his 2nd round opponent.

Once again the "Fognini" conspiracy comes to mind, and allied to the irrefutable proof that 1 in 64 happenings don't occur anywhere socals theories about the plan by the shadowy tennis authorities to pull down the Lion-hearted (Cincilattil excepted) Serb carry greater weight. I mean, they're even speeding the courts up against him, aren't they??!!

Good humor, little facts, and willful blindness; a sheer cocktail of ignorance. But nice try, I enjoy your attempts at humor.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic Empty Re: 2nd round defeat inevitable for Djokovic

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:25 am

Gutted for Conor if he has to retire. It's the biggest match of his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 am

socal1976 wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Just watching the warm up for Djokovic's match and I hear his hapless Irish opponent is apparantly quite ill and there's a high chance he won't be able to complete the match.

Good humor, little facts, and willful blindness; a sheer cocktail of ignorance. But nice try, I enjoy your attempts at humor.

True, there was a deliberate trip up slipped in there about the faster courts. Well done on spotting it!

The rest was all accurate.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 am

Actually I must show some sympathy towards Djokovic; not only does he have almost no chance in the 2nd round, but his glory at a 1st round win was stolen by a quitter.

Players should be looking up to the #1 and trying to emulate his standards, not throwing in the towel at the slightest excuse.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 am

Cause he forgot to take his packed lunch with him!

Conor take note; http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01556/lunch_1556717c.jpg
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 am

I think the guy should be cut some slack. Given it is his 2nd Grand Slam appearance. Least he is out there putting the work in. Unlike other lowly ranked British players, Like Boggo!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 am

From what I understand he has been sick the last couple of days. BB, they are tennis players not special forces guys in battle. They have to protect their health above all other things as they can't sit on the sideline in a suit and still collect a paycheck to the extent footballers can. It isn't surprising that the players are careful with their health that is all they have.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 am

I have to confess I've been hard on him. I checked and he hasn't really done this before, which I guess is because he's a fair bit older and probably conforms to the norms of players around his age.

It's still brutally tough on Djokovic though. He will be as stale as Hell in the 2nd round now. mad
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 am

Wonder if Jamie Murray will go on twitter asking Conor to - wait for it - "take it like a man" Whistle

Several minutes after World No. 1 Novak Djokovic retired with a shoulder injury from the Western & Southern Open final against Andy Murray, Murray’s older brother Jamie tweeted what appeared to be an insult to Djokovic for not finishing the match:

jamie_murray: Sometimes u just gotta stand up and take it like a man.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down