The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview"

+2
time please
polished_man
6 posters

Go down

Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview" Empty Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview"

Post by polished_man Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:10 am

That's quite amusing staff. A chap addressing Djokovic during the press conference in pure Glaswegian, making laugh out loudly not only the Djoker, notoriously prone to humour but the whole press room!

oh I see the cuts are having a terrible effect on the old glorious institution: the time of the "queen's language" is irremediably gone and now even the accent softening training is trimmed as well!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14718724.stm
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview" Empty Re: Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview"

Post by time please Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

It wasn't that the accent was so impenetrable, but the guy just spoke sooooooooooooo fast - not the most brilliant interviewing technique to say the least.

Having said that, Nole did well to catch all the questions in that rapid fire. Interesting that he reiterated what many of us having been saying on these boards: 'he just needs to make a few changes (pause) in the mental department'. I hope Murray is listening and instead of adding yet another fitness or diet guru, he really thinks about how he prepares mentally for the biggest tournaments.

time please

Back to top Go down

Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview" Empty Re: Embarassing staff - the Djokovic "Scottish interview"

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

time please wrote:It wasn't that the accent was so impenetrable, but the guy just spoke sooooooooooooo fast - not the most brilliant interviewing technique to say the least.

Having said that, Nole did well to catch all the questions in that rapid fire. Interesting that he reiterated what many of us having been saying on these boards: 'he just needs to make a few changes (pause) in the mental department'. I hope Murray is listening and instead of adding yet another fitness or diet guru, he really thinks about how he prepares mentally for the biggest tournaments.
Murray will interpret that message, as meaning that he has to be more mentally passionate (code for being deranged) than he already is!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

I want to see Nadal's face after hearing a question from this guy Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I want to see Nadal's face after hearing a question from this guy Laugh

ha ha my friend NITB! if it was Nadull he'd said "!No entiendo nada!"
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:37 pm

Maybe the reporter thought he was interviewing that other Scottish tennis player Jock 0'Vitch Smile

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

I understood the interview's question fine; then again I am a native English speaker and I listened intently to the question since this thread alerted me to the fact that Djoko had difficulty understanding the question at first.

I am not sure how I would have reacted if I was listening to the question without the forewarning that the interviewer may or may not be difficult to understand.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down