The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Cole - Annoying?

+3
theanimal316
Adam D
Holymiky
7 posters

Go down

Michael Cole - Annoying?  Empty Michael Cole - Annoying?

Post by Holymiky Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi all, Little rant here.

Now i liked Michael Cole when he was a face commentator just like Lawler is and i think they both were at one point.

I understand that Heel commentators are meant to be annoying and i understand it's all scripted etc but his relationship with Miz makes his character even more cringeworthy at times. I used to like Cole and i still think he is good at what he does, dont get me wrong but he can be so over the top when he does not need to be which frustrates me but i guess that's what Vince likes.

I would like to hear what your thoughts are.

Thanks alot.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Michael Cole - Annoying?  Empty Re: Michael Cole - Annoying?

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

best thing about RAW.

He is in vintage form - from bland, play by play commentator to awesome heel.

In the last month, he has been remarkable. Favourite thing about WWE at the moment.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:11 pm

He really annoys me, but i think thats a testament to how well he is doing. He is getting a lot of heat, and I believe it to be true heat and not 'X-Pac' heat.
I actually think he deserves a lot of credit in getting Miz over and making this title run credible so far.
Hope lawler whoops his behind though (is this forum pg)? Very Happy

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeh, Cole from a couple of years back was just another generic commentator but he has defo added a few more levels to his character.

I think he impressed quite a few people with his heel persona on Nxt, so they have just let him run with it, and imo he is doing a very good job

Cole gets genuine heat from the audiance and there a quite a few heels on the books that do not do that, the fact Cole does it without stepping into the ring is even more impressive in my book.

I think as Hobo said, he is on vintage from at the mo, and long may it continue. If u think of JR he had a defined character, Cole as lead commentator is now forming one for himself.

The only thing I dont get is why he loves the Miz so much? He isnt so OTT with any of the other heels its just Miz, he seriously acts like he is in love with him

Did you see him sitting down celebrating at EC, when Miz beat Lawler, it was classic, he had a look of pure ectasy on his face.

I like Cole!.....

but I love u Miky x

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Getting any type of reaction from the crowd is great for WWE. How many time does Vickie G say "excuse me" when on the mike just get the crowd pumped up?

With Cole now, its almost like hes loving the "can i have your attention please" because it gets the crowd involved straight away. When he did it with The Rock's promo you can tell from his face he loved every minute of it.

He does go a bit over the top with the whole Miz thing though, yeh we get you cole, you like The Miz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm

he makes me cringe my balls off most of the time but he is brilliant at being the heel commentator

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

I couldn't stand Cole before NXT started. Since then he has grown from the worst thing about Raw to one of the best things in the whole WWE.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

He's absolutely brilliant.I think the stuff with The Miz has given his title reign some more credibility actually,and it makes me laugh.

I think it's inevitable that at some points in the coming months there will be segments between Rock and Cole,going back to the old days when Cole used to do backstage interviews.They'll be great.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down