The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Nog vs Mir 2

5 posters

Go down

Big Nog vs Mir 2 Empty Big Nog vs Mir 2

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 02 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

Big Nog has stated that he thinks his next fight may be in December and against either Lesnar or a rematch with Mir.

Personally I think a fight against Mir would have a similar outcome as Mir is looking good lately and would be a bit too fresh for Big Nog who IMO is looking very slow.

Against Lesnar I think it's a pick-em type fight but would be rooting for Big Nog.

If he was to fight one of the above two, how do you see them going and what fight would you prefer to see?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Big Nog vs Mir 2 Empty Re: Big Nog vs Mir 2

Post by boomdangle Fri 02 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

I see a loss to both for big nog i now see him not able to match the top tier anymore but slightly better than the rest.
He is no longer a contender more of a gate keeper.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 02 Sep 2011, 10:27 am

boomdangle wrote:I see a loss to both for big nog i now see him not able to match the top tier anymore but slightly better than the rest.
He is no longer a contender more of a gate keeper.

I agree that I don't see Nog winning a title again but think he has 2-3 big fights left.

I think Mir would be too active for Big Nog and Mir is IMO near to a world title shot anyway.

As for Lesnar it depends on how well he's come back from his latest illness but think it would be close.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Fri 02 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

I watched the interview too and really hope this fight happens. Nog looked like a different person against Schuab than he has been in his last 2/3 fights.

I think if he can keep fit he would have a great chance at beating Mir in a rematch.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

I prefer the idea of Big Nog vs Lesner rather than Mir Nog II. I think a Nog Vs Mir II could headline a Verses card but Nog vs Lesner could potentially headline a PPV.

Nog talks a lot and rightfully so about his BJJ and Lesner is always looking to take it to the ground, so the match up stylistically could be a bit boring, with that being said Lesner's inability to take a punch and the way he turtles up against big punches is well known, and with Big Nog's recent KO victory it will be interesting to see what tactic he employees should this match happen.

IMO Lesner will be looking for the easiest route back to title contention and he may see a fight against big nog as a good start.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Can't see Big Nog winning either fight tbh; Although Lesner is a less skillful or experienced fighter, his size and strength will be too much for Nog, and Mir well he has looked impressive since his defeat to Carwin. Big Country was a tough opponent - BJJ blackbelt and an steel chin, but Mir comfortably out worked him and earned his UD victory. I'd love to see Mir back in a title fight although I don't think he could beat either Cain or JDS in a stand up war.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

just seen this interview with Mir on youtube where he says he'd like to fight Alistair Overeem if ever he came over to the UFC. Mir said Overeem is a 'threat' and would like to challenge himself against him. Personally I respect Mir's willingness to push himself and commitment to improve, but Overeem would definitely be a difficult fight. Who do you think would win and how do you see a fight between them going?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:10 am

talkingpoint wrote:just seen this interview with Mir on youtube where he says he'd like to fight Alistair Overeem if ever he came over to the UFC. Mir said Overeem is a 'threat' and would like to challenge himself against him. Personally I respect Mir's willingness to push himself and commitment to improve, but Overeem would definitely be a difficult fight. Who do you think would win and how do you see a fight between them going?

This would be a great fight if it happens and if there is no Lesnar fight for Overeem (current rumour) then this would be the perfect fight for Overeem to introduce himself to the UFC and the American fans who may be less aware of him.

I like both but would favour Overeem as I think he's a better striker than Mir.

Mir is excellent on the ground but Overeem is certainly no slouch and submissions have given him most of his wins.

I also don't see Mir being able to out power him in the clinch which is where Overeem is very dangerous with his knees.

Overeem TKO.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

Yeah at first that's how I saw it, but in the Werdum fight Overeem didn't want anything to do with him on the ground. Now Werdum didn't do anything to get him in ground control accept taunting him, but Mir would definitely be more pro-active. Mir has been working on his Muay Thai a lot over the last few years and has some vicious knees of his own. However if I were Mir I wouldn't get into a stand up war with Overeem. If he could use more of the Judo techniques he used in the Big Country fight I think he could then work his BJJ. But since Mir has a poor record against powerful strikers I would side with history. But I would be supporting Mir all the way!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

Looks like Nog vs Mirr II is being finalised for end of this year!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

co main event on the Lesnar/Overeem card?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum