The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall

+8
McLaren
Faldono1fan
kwinigolfer
oldparwin
drive4show
Mercurio
raycastleunited
tarka
12 posters

Go down

new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall Empty new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall

Post by tarka Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

could hardly believe it when I saw it
http://www.tarkasprings.co.uk/?page_id=2

now, does anyone else have a product named after them available at their local club?

On a serious point it is my birthday today and as a present can anyone give me a tip to avoid a snap or duck hook, I think I am breaking my wrists (if thats the right term)

All the best

Tarka
CEO and Brand Ambassador Tarka Springs mineral water

tarka

Back to top Go down

new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall Empty Re: new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall

Post by raycastleunited Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

tap water is fine for me. i think the marketing hype for mineral water is otter rubbish.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall Empty Re: new mineral water is being sold at my golf club in cornwall

Post by Mercurio Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

tarka wrote:now, does anyone else have a product named after them available at their local club?

Despite what you may think, you are not, I repeat, you are not an otter!

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

mineral water is a waste of money in my opinion too, but its unique selling point is that it is sold in shops whereas tap water usually isn't.

Tarka springs is excellent though, full of flavour and is much less watery than its french rivals

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

Eau dear, here we go again.....................

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

drive4show wrote:Eau dear, here we go again.....................

Water you taking about?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

Load of piddle if you ask me

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

I didn't know this was the waterboard. We'll have man sausage Cheney on here next.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I didn't know this was the waterboard. We'll have man sausage Cheney on here next.

Gotta love the profanity filter.....man sausage indeed Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

to go along with the music thread, does anyone know the song by The Who "Water"

from Wikipedia:

it was during these sessions that "Water" was first recorded in the Spring of 1970.[3] The plot in Lifehouse revolved around a totalitarian society without rock music. In this society, there is also rampant pollution which becomes a teenage wasteland. Water talks of the toughness of everyday life and how:

"They need water,

And maybe somebody's daughter."

I am more of a trance man myself these days though

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I didn't know this was the waterboard. We'll have man sausage Cheney on here next.

Waterboarding, I beleive is banned under the Geneva convention, a few of the ex-arma lads may tell me otherwise...

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

Didn't stop Bush's wackers tho did it, tarka? They did it with impunity.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

I thought you had a curry named after you? Chicken Tarka Misala? Like a Chicken Tikka Misala, but otter.

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

Did anyone watch the crappy 9/11 show on ITV last night? I cannot believe anyone would give bush's wife, Rumsfeld, Giuliani and Cheney so much air time without questioning anything they said. It was like we were meant to think what they said was fact??????

As for mineral water, if you go to England you need to drink it as the tap water is so horrible.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

McLaren wrote:Did anyone watch the crappy 9/11 show on ITV last night? I cannot believe anyone would give bush's wife, Rumsfeld, Giuliani and Cheney so much air time without questioning anything they said. It was like we were meant to think what they said was fact??????

As for mineral water, if you go to England you need to drink it as the tap water is so horrible.

being scottish myself McLaren I would have to agree but there is a great tap on my course by the greenkeepers sheds that is really good mid round for a fill of an old milk bottle that is often left there

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

The tap water in shropshire is full of lime, but at my golf club they get their water from a bore hole close by, and this is as good as any bottle water you could get.

When I lived in Solihull in the West Midlands, the tap water there came from the Welsh mountains, beautiful it was

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

Snap hook? With your driver?

Tee it much lower for a while. It's hard to hit a snap hook when the ball is teed right down. When you are happy that you aren't going to hook it, then tee it up again.

If it doesn't work you should be evian a lesson.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

have you tried Peckaham Spring? mmmmmmmmmm lovely

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

Faldono1fan wrote:I thought you had a curry named after you? Chicken Tarka Misala? Like a Chicken Tikka Misala, but otter.

His girlfriend is called 'Chicken' Charmain Whistle
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

I have a clump of gorse on a golf course named after me~ no kidding.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down