The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YouTube/YourTube

3 posters

Go down

YouTube/YourTube Empty YouTube/YourTube

Post by Maverick Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:30 pm

Just something i've been pondering sitting here tonight. I have already opened up a thread on this on the MODs board to get a feel for it from the admin perspective.

The site already has it's own YouTube channel for general sporting highlights across the board which is https://www.youtube.com/user/606v2

However this doesn't cover what i'm thinking. On a recent thread I read somewhere that GoldWolf had posted a link to his swing for discussion, i've also read many others state how they'd trawled youtube for tips. So I got to looking at youtube this evenig never really been my thing, but the amount of stuff available if you know what you want is how can I say it vast. From pro swings to amateur swings, tricks shots to tips, putting chipping he list is endless.

So why not have a channel purely for 606v2 golfers. As I said Goldwolf has uploaded his before, why not have somewhere a channel we can subscribe to and have our own swings a 606v2 library if you like where we can pick holes in each others swings or even pick up tips from people on our swings or offer advice to others using it. Would add a good talking point on here e.g for examaple i could upload say a swing of anyone and you all could say something you think needs to change etc by posting it on here for further discusion.

In addition we can have a section for pro swings and tips, trick shots and general golf talking points, all uploaded. I have time on my hands and would be happy to run this for the forum and have plenty of server space to store videos people can send in. Would moderate them first and ensure we not breaking censorship rules etc. we can comment on videos but would want the main talking points to remain on here on v2 as a way of keeping discussion live and in realtime also would add to the board giving it regular new topics of discusion.

Just a thought

Last edited by Maverick on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dire spelling at nearly midnight)

Maverick

Back to top Go down

YouTube/YourTube Empty Re: YouTube/YourTube

Post by Nay Sat 03 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

I like this idea, mainly as after taking ground ball before an iron for the 7000th time yesterday, i was considering posting a video of my swing/set to see if someone could see something. As i feel like crying on the golf course at the moment.

For the less technical players like me it would also be interesting to see the person giving advice's swing so they can have a visual understanding of what they are trying to explain (as i assume most will advise based on there experience)

Ps if this happens i would just like to state the camera adds 10 pounds

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

I don't really know YouTube (apart from watching videos) and I've never really looked into the idea of "channels" despite us having a 606v2 channel already. Is it possible to set up "sub-channels"? It would be nice to keep it all under the same 606v2 umbrella but if possible, it would be better to have a subsection for golf

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

Maverick wrote:
In addition we can have a section for pro swings and tips, trick shots and general golf talking points, all uploaded. I have time on my hands and would be happy to run this for the forum and have plenty of server space to store videos people can send in. Would moderate them first and ensure we not breaking censorship rules etc. we can comment on videos but would want the main talking points to remain on here on v2 as a way of keeping discussion live and in realtime also would add to the board giving it regular new topics of discusion.

When setting up the v2 youtube channel there were issues on copyright by uploading clips from DVD's etc.
We researched the idea and obtained the following from a member here who is a solicitor:

People uploading clips from their video/dvd collection would be getting into the realms of file-sharing which brought down sites like Napster and which is causing the authorities to look at updating copyright rules to deal with youtube. Youtube tries to get around copyright rules by putting all the responsibility on their users only to post videos which are made up of their own content and which don't breach a third party's copyright. Youtube is getting away with it for the time being because they do at least attempt to take down material which breaches copyright (albeit that they aren't doing it to the extent that the authorites would like) and because no one has worked out how to deal with the sheer scale of the breach. The problem we would have with the proposal is that we would be encouraging users to actually breach copyright rules and the relatively small scale of the site would make it an easy target for a takedown action.

To get around this we set up several playlists (including one for golf) and then you are able to add existing youtube clips to the playlists. If the original channel broke copyright laws there were no come backs on our channel as we were simply 'linked in' and all that would happen is the original clip was taken off youtube.

The downside to this, is that you can only comment on the original clip, not the one showing on your channel.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with uploading your own clips of you playing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down