The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India First ODI debate

+8
eirebilly
hodge
Kenny
Fists of Fury
Mad for Chelsea
Liam_Main
trebellbobaggins
msp83
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England vs India First ODI debate - Page 3 Empty England vs India First ODI debate

Post by msp83 Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:11 am

First topic message reminder :

So the first ODI is about to get underway.
The big news of the day is that Sachin Tendulkar isn't playing.
India team.
Rahane
P Patel
Dravid
Kohli
Sharma
Raina
Dhoni
Ashwin
P Kumar,
Vinay Kumar
M Patel

Eengland.
Cook
Kieswetter
Trott
Morgan
Bell
Stokes
Patel
Bresnan
Broad
Anderson
Dernbach.

Not the best of starts for India with Tendulkar out, but will they show some fight on the field? Will England enhance their not so stable ODI reputation? Will Captain Cook continue to surprise? Will they miss Pietersen?

msp83

Back to top Go down

England vs India First ODI debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India First ODI debate

Post by hodge Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:38 pm

eirebilly wrote:I didnt see it hodge but i bet it was funny lol.

bumble was taking the mick out of freddie apparantly saying how come he couldn't hit people around the park when he hit Murali for 2 6's in a row, so when someone smacks it to Flintoff on the boundary off bumble's bowling, freddie gets right under it etc but just lets it go through his hands pretty much.

Loved Athers commentary on Bumble's batting

hodge

Back to top Go down

England vs India First ODI debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India First ODI debate

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Suddenly the pitc looks bad when we try to bat.

Cook gone, eng deep in.trouble and bowling first looks a poor decision chasing nearly 300.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Sounds good Hodge.

Cook out now, not the best of starts for England.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Getting 250 was enough.

This is not our form of the game at all sadly.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:47 pm

The rr climbs already.

painful to watch.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Keep em coming trebs Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Are you watching billy?

You do have to ask why we the away the toss and bowled?

India are loving this scoreboard pressure and how it has tied us up.

With the players they have returning then if we can't win here I can see a whitewash for them.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Plumb lbw.. And because it's england he gives it I guess.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Rain .. India win dl anyway with our batting and billy on side.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Off for Rain...

We are truly dire at ODI's

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:06 pm

WHY ARE THERE NO LIGHTS?!

Its September in England, seriously fire the muppet who decided that lights weren't going to be needed...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Truly greg.

we can't do it. Not even top 8 at it.

I can only hope we knew about the rain and wanted to wind india up setting a winning total for nothing.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

I was watching trebbs.

Trott is going to have to anchor England again. Why are England so poor at ODI's?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

The only time India looked on top in this tour, , the damned English weather steps in.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:20 pm

cricinfo says it may be a pretty long delay.
Considering India's luck in the tour so far, I think this wil be a wash out.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Sad to say msp83, looks like they might be right. Looks like a long delay is on the cards.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:26 pm

This is just terrible!!!!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 pm

When India played here before, it was a washout with India being on top through a Tendulkar hundred and a fine hand from Dravid.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:30 pm

if it's like the weather we have here then it's been set all day, it came in from the West and isn't going anywhere.

The next two weeks are looking to be very wet indeed, we could see every match affected.

The might get 20 overs in and get the win for your boys though msp. the loudest chunk of the crowd will be hanging around and hoping. Billy did you a nice favour quickly remembering what an LBW is.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:39 pm

don't fancy the day nighters this week either with the wet week ahead.

this could come down to one or two matches that actually get any results.. not what India need after a tough summer.

The bbc said england would need 164 to win in 20 overs. impossible then when 27-2. espn cricinfo says they'd need 93 off 20, does seem a little more sensible.

England knew rain was coming, they seem to have put India in for that reason and yet they didn't hit out.. they need to if they are to have any chance.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Bit of a shame this if most of the games get affected by the weather. It will may take away any chance India may have to win a match on this series.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:19 pm

well this next first three look possibly doomed.. maybe the second week Billy.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:32 pm

We can only hope trebbs, it would be sad to see India go home empty handed.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Well we're getting some action then.

England might as well just admit we are awful at ODI's

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Spoke too soon Gregers Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Stupid rain

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:59 pm

There wont be anymore play. This one is done and dusted.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Gregers wrote:

England might as well just admit we are awful at ODI's

Sadly its very true. thumbsup Sad

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:09 pm

India will feel robbed today

Although this means we can't lose this series 5-0!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 pm

True, just 4-0 probably (rain allowing). We are a good team in general but definitely a bit pants at the ODI form.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 am

lol cant believe dravid got given out yesterday, umpire went by sound and they got told they werent allowed to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 am

The next one already seems like another washout.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 am

i have to say that india play well, solid with the bat, and once again, praveen kumar bowled really well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:52 am

it was out though CF, snicko picked it up. Hotspots useless the 3rd umpire shouldn't use it.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Now they say even Snicko wasn't entirely conclusive. Anyways, there should be some more discussion on the review.
I was a total of the BCCI stands on UDRS for some time but some recents events have convinced me to have rethink things a bit. While all the Dravid controversies were going on, in Sri Lanka, Philip Hughes was given out LBW of a ball that spun after pitching on leg, but the ball tracking technology showed hitting leg.
Even umpires are confused by the hotchpotch way of using the DRS.
The DRS should be there, across formats, across countries, and all possible technology should be used. There should be more of R&D on the same to make it more error free.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 pm

was very impressed again with the way bresann bowled at the end of the innings

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Dernbach was poor at the end though. England should have left some over for Broad to bowl at the end.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:11 pm

dunno what was inconclusive about snicko, big sound showed up just as the ball passed the bat. Definitely out! also if you look carefully you pick up a change in the rotation of the ball as it passes the bat, which was what Erasmus communicated to Doctrove (i.e. sound plus that change = edge)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:32 pm

when cooky got the captaincy i was a bit sceptical about it, but i think he proved in the sri lanka series that he knows what he's doing, and i think as time goes on, he will develop into a very good skipper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Unless the weather changes a lot , then the 2nd game in Hants looks doomed Yikes

Maybe they could play on Wednesday instead ?

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:dunno what was inconclusive about snicko, big sound showed up just as the ball passed the bat. Definitely out! also if you look carefully you pick up a change in the rotation of the ball as it passes the bat, which was what Erasmus communicated to Doctrove (i.e. sound plus that change = edge)

MFC, I was following the match on TMS then and they described events just like you said. But it seems the TV people didn't entirely agree about that one, the sound could have come from the bat handle turning in his hand or something, and many of them were of the view that there was nno clear deviation conclusive enough to give that out. Remember the original decision was not out. cricinfo, although not taking a clear call on it, seemed to have agreed with the TV view.
Anyways, all that is done and dusted, but after all these, Think my position of the review, has changed a little bit, from total support to critical support.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Stellar Key wrote:Unless the weather changes a lot , then the 2nd game in Hants looks doomed Yikes

Maybe they could play on Wednesday instead ?

yeah it's not looking good. The rest of the week looks dodgy in the West, not sure about the Oval on Friday.

Looking like being a truncated series this one.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 pm

damn thats not good, was looking forward to watching the game tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i have to say that india play well, solid with the bat, and once again, praveen kumar bowled really well.

India's luck to blame, how many dogs are there in England??
more than the human population of 60 million??
easily,
they have all PEEed on India and Dhoni's luck. ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 pm

msp83 wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:dunno what was inconclusive about snicko, big sound showed up just as the ball passed the bat. Definitely out! also if you look carefully you pick up a change in the rotation of the ball as it passes the bat, which was what Erasmus communicated to Doctrove (i.e. sound plus that change = edge)

MFC, I was following the match on TMS then and they described events just like you said. But it seems the TV people didn't entirely agree about that one, the sound could have come from the bat handle turning in his hand or something, and many of them were of the view that there was nno clear deviation conclusive enough to give that out. Remember the original decision was not out. cricinfo, although not taking a clear call on it, seemed to have agreed with the TV view.
Anyways, all that is done and dusted, but after all these, Think my position of the review, has changed a little bit, from total support to critical support.

I'll go with critical support, I think it's better than nothing, and still serves to eliminate howlers from the game (for instance had Harbajan been able to review his LBX decision in the second test it would immediately have been overturned, with no technology other than action replays needed), but we need to be careful in the way we use hotspot for instance. It should only be used as evidence that there is an edge, and not as evidence that there isn't (unless it picks up something else explaining the noise).

Having said that, I was watching without the sound for the Dravid dismissal, and I gave it out on viewing the replays (change in the ball rotation = edge). Also if you look at snicko, the sound happens at the exact time the ball passes the bat and looks like an edge. Would be a MASSIVE coincidence if it was the bat handle turning in his hand or something...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
msp83 wrote:

I'll go with critical support, I think it's better than nothing, and still serves to eliminate howlers from the game (for instance had Harbajan been able to review his LBX decision in the second test it would immediately have been overturned, with no technology other than action replays needed), but we need to be careful in the way we use hotspot for instance. It should only be used as evidence that there is an edge, and not as evidence that there isn't (unless it picks up something else explaining the noise).

Having said that, I was watching without the sound for the Dravid dismissal, and I gave it out on viewing the replays (change in the ball rotation = edge). Also if you look at snicko, the sound happens at the exact time the ball passes the bat and looks like an edge. Would be a MASSIVE coincidence if it was the bat handle turning in his hand or something...

Dravid has had a a twist with one of those massive coincidence already with his unreviewed decision.
Also, the playing conditions has to be consistently made applicable to both sides as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3