The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf streaming

+11
jeffkenna
dr_peeps
Maverick
oldparwin
kwinigolfer
Adam D
delToro87
oldshanker
SmithersJones
Thomond
dewsweeper
15 posters

Go down

Golf streaming Empty Golf streaming

Post by dewsweeper Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

Hi
as an avid hater of all things to do with Rupert Murdoch I wont subscribe to Sky.
As a result I try to watch golf on my computer. This last week or two I cannot get any free streaming.
Anyone got any live streams to recommend?I will pay if necessary ,just not to Sky!!!

Yes I know I am a tight old git.

Cheers

dewsweeper

Back to top Go down

Golf streaming Empty Re: Golf streaming

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

Do not post any links to illegal streams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

You've got mail

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

dewsweeper wrote:Hi
as an avid hater of all things to do with Rupert Murdoch I wont subscribe to Sky.
As a result I try to watch golf on my computer. This last week or two I cannot get any free streaming.
Anyone got any live streams to recommend?I will pay if necessary ,just not to Sky!!!

Cheers

So you are happy to pay criminals for an illegal feed, who will pocket all of your money, but you're not happy to pay Sky, who at least put money back into the game and who generate the very pictures you're happy to pirate? Nice.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

SmithersJones wrote:

Cheers

So you are happy to pay criminals for an illegal feed, who will pocket all of your money, but you're not happy to pay Sky, who at least put money back into the game and who generate the very pictures you're happy to pirate? Nice.

SJ - clap Laugh
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by dewsweeper Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

oldshanker wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:

Cheers

SJ - clap Laugh

Thanks guys ,most helpful.
You know nothing of my reasons or my circumstances yet feel able to dismiss my request with such disdain.
Nice
Is'nt the anonymity of these boards great,just be clever and get a laugh.

Cheers

dewsweeper

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

dewsweeper wrote:
oldshanker wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:

Cheers

SJ - clap Laugh

Thanks guys ,most helpful.
You know nothing of my reasons or my circumstances yet feel able to dismiss my request with such disdain.
Nice
Is'nt the anonymity of these boards great,just be clever and get a laugh.

Cheers

If you know of a criminal offence committed by Murdoch, I have a feeling one or two people in government might like to hear from you. Even so, trying to justify illegally streaming on the basis that he's the legal alternative wouldn't exactly stand up in court, would it? Illegal streaming is theft and adds to the cost of my Sky subscription so as far as I'm concerned you're stealing from me.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by delToro87 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

I like you despise Murdoch and all he stands for, but if you really want to see live golf, you may just have to bite the bullet and pay. Remember, he doesn't own all of Sky (despite attempts earlier this year), I think his stake is 39%, so less than half of your money will be going to News Corp.

I don't know if you're a big cinema goer, but you may well have seen many films or bought many DVDs distributed by 20th Century Fox or Fox Searchlight. If you didn't mind then why should it be the same now? Sky have the rights, and they ain't letting go.

I'd recommend a Sky Go monthly package, that way you're not committed to a year, and of you find the guilt isn't worth the live golf, you can stop.

delToro87

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

delToro87 wrote:I like you despise Murdoch and all he stands for, but if you really want to see live golf, you may just have to bite the bullet and pay. Remember, he doesn't own all of Sky (despite attempts earlier this year), I think his stake is 39%, so less than half of your money will be going to News Corp.

I don't know if you're a big cinema goer, but you may well have seen many films or bought many DVDs distributed by 20th Century Fox or Fox Searchlight. If you didn't mind then why should it be the same now? Sky have the rights, and they ain't letting go.

I'd recommend a Sky Go monthly package, that way you're not committed to a year, and of you find the guilt isn't worth the live golf, you can stop.

Is that you Rupert?

I checked the email address you registered with and it was r.murdoch@Newsinternational.aus Whistle

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

And I could have understood you if you had said that you did not want to pay Sky but wanted it free all the time. Then you said you were willing to pay!

Crazy! Headscratch
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by delToro87 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
delToro87 wrote:I like you despise Murdoch and all he stands for, but if you really want to see live golf, you may just have to bite the bullet and pay. Remember, he doesn't own all of Sky (despite attempts earlier this year), I think his stake is 39%, so less than half of your money will be going to News Corp.

Is that you Rupert?

Yes, I suppose that I do sound like an apologist for him there, which makes me feel horrible, as I do really hate the guy. I guess I'm just saying, I can let that hate deny me seeing live sport that I love watching (for me mainly cricket, at least there's SOME live football, golf and rugby on terrestrial), or just pay up and live with it.

I can accept someone complaining about not being able to afford Sky, that is a legitimate cause for angst. But if you choose to take a principled stance and not buy a subscription, I think its a bit rich to moan about it as well.

(P.S. I had to delete the e-mail thing from the quote as apparently I can't post that, being a new member and all)

Last edited by delToro87 on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

delToro87

Back to top Go down

Golf streaming Empty Golf streaming

Post by dewsweeper Sun 04 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

oldshanker wrote:And I could have understood you if you had said that you did not want to pay Sky but wanted it free all the time. Then you said you were willing to pay!

Crazy! Headscratch

oldshanker
sorry you feel I am crazy but at least you read my original post and realised I would pay but not to Murdoch.
Rightly or wrongly I feel ,as an old codger, much of Murdochs business empire has been built on the fact that many people will pay as much as it takes to follow their sports.I am not in that position financially.

As to SJ and the others I would be more minded to agree with them if they had read my initial post with regard to paying.

How a simple request generated such venom I am at a loss to understand.Anyway back under my stone now and I will try not to annoy the Big Boys again. dewsweeper

dewsweeper

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

dewsweeper,
thumbsup for any initiative to avoid filling Murdoch's pockets.

Just like buying goods manufactured in countries with unfair trading practices with ours, it is sometimes unavoidable but doesn't mean we like it.

A great pity that your Murdoch sentiments should be criticised. I'm sure there are certain companies whose products we each choose to avoid . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:02 pm

We have to many people in this country wanting something for nothing, just look what happened in the streets a few weeks back.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:dewsweeper,
thumbsup for any initiative to avoid filling Murdoch's pockets.

Just like buying goods manufactured in countries with unfair trading practices with ours, it is sometimes unavoidable but doesn't mean we like it.

A great pity that your Murdoch sentiments should be criticised. I'm sure there are certain companies whose products we each choose to avoid . . . .

This is something that i've always found baffling. Due to if you want something and the service or product is provided by someone you have a dislike for you would simply go without. Sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face to me. Not a murdoch fan, but I love sport and as such i put my hand in pocket and pay sky for the priveledge. Likewise, I don't like the guy that runs our local driving range but rather than drive another 20miles to the next nearest one I go to the one with the prat running it and use the facilities but do not frequent his shop above the range, I can do this because he isn't the only golf shop in the area but is the only local range.

I can understand if for example you don't like the landlord of your local and choose to goto the pub a short walk down the road but to totally avoid something you enjoy so as not to put money in someones pocket I find odd.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

oldpar,
That's very fair, but don't really think it was dewsweeper's point.

I don't know about Middle Britain but Middle America is just as guilty as rioters of gutting communities when it buys product made in China in preference to paying a %age point more for the equivalent, often better quality, product made in the US. And often the product made in China is on plant machinery for which they've received tax incentives via US politicians to ship from the US.

Politicians and parents have equal parts to play in healthy communities . . . .

. . . . . and Murdoch's and his surrogates' rhetoric invariably destructive in this process!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

We all can find a principle why not to pay, but forget that the fast majority of people have to pay and most times pay more to fund the one's that do not pay due to some bloody principle.

Kwini
Dewsweeper is looking for a freebie, that the rest of us have pay for, I have a principle that if I want something, I would rather buy it legitimately rather than get it illegally or not paying for something that most people pay for

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_peeps Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

I think most people would be guilty of this, in some shape or form, be it streaming Football / Golf or downloading Movies / Music / software for free.

I used to watch live streams of Golf before i had sky & still do watch football thats available, A lot of which is not available in this country.

The other answer is to buy Polish SKY or some other foreign alternative dish.

dr_peeps

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

oldpar,
If ds is just looking for a freebie, that's one thing. But if he's avoiding Murdoch on principle, I think that's to be applauded!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm

Kwini
I would love to avoid the tax man on principle, that he takes to much of my money, and I do not like the current Government.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

On the other hand, I prefer to pay as much tax as I can, as it means I'm doing O.K.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

I dont have sky sports in our apartment as, living with my girlfriend, i wouldn't get the use out of it. Can anyone advise of a fully legal and pay for stream to watch the final round of the Barclays this evening!?

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

I sent you a link to free ones if you want them.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Thanks. Apologies I did of course mean the Deutsche Bank Champinship, was writing about Harrington's performance at the Barclays last week on a different blog at the same time! Anyway, who cares what they are called when they are named after financial institutions? We're all supposed to hate them right!?

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

The official pgatour website has live coverage, at least at the moment. I've just been able to access it here in the UK.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Golf streaming Empty golf srteaming

Post by dewsweeper Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:25 pm

oldparwin wrote:We all can find a principle why not to pay, but forget that the fast majority of people have to pay and most times pay more to fund the one's that do not pay due to some bloody principle.

Kwini
Dewsweeper is looking for a freebie, that the rest of us have pay for, I have a principle that if I want something, I would raFor crying out loudther buy it legitimately rather than get it illegally or not paying for something that most people pay for

For crying out loud .
Please read my posts slowly and digest them carefully.
I DO NOT WANT A ''.FREEBIE'' I WILL PAY FOR STREAMING BUT NOT TO MURDOCH!

dewsweeper

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:34 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:dewsweeper,
:thumbsup: for any initiative to avoid filling Murdoch's pockets.

I try to avoid Israeli fruit and veg.

I find it odd anyone voicing anti murdich comments gets so little support, so good on you dewsweeper. Murdoch is a really terrible man and we dont even have the full horrors of fox in the uk to help us form that opinion.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Like all good Scots, I avoid all fruit and veg.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

ryan86 wrote:Like all good Scots, I avoid all fruit and veg.

Unless they are deep fried? laughing

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:08 am

Like him or not, but if it wasn't for his kind we would all be watching endless re-runs of Antiques Roadshow.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

McLaren wrote:
I try to avoid Israeli fruit and veg.

Reminds me of when I worked as a Saturday boy on the fruit & veg department. This was just prior to Mandela's release and the end of apartheid, so Cape fruit was somewhat controversial. A bloke came up to me and asked 'Are these apples French?'. Thinking he was being politically correct, I had to reply; 'No, I'm sorry sir, they're South African.' His immediate response? 'Good, I f***ing hate the French.'
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down