The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp have no b***S

4 posters

Go down

Tipp have no b***S Empty Tipp have no b***S

Post by bluemoda Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

Did a team ever surrender it's title so easily. No courage, no plan, no bottle and rendered totally impotent by a Kilkenny side that are very beatable. They were outmuscled and bullied at will yesterday and tipp lacked the moral courage and b***s to take them on. Management saw what happened to the tipp forward line against Dublin and had no Plan B in place yesterday. The amount of ball the tipp backs won in the last 10/15 minutes and all they did was lob it high into a useless, impotent forward lines who had already given up the ghost. They lack of intelligence and common sense from tipp was shocking. They had a better chance of scoring a few points from way out the field into than giving the ball into that useless, impotent bunch. Only Bonnor Maher, all day, and John O'Brien in the 2nd half were making any inroads and what does Declan Ryan do, replaces O'Brien, unbelievable. Bad, bad management, wrong starting line up, wrong tactics, wrong subsitutions. Ryan and his selectors rendered a very good team useless yesterday, and his contract if for 3 years, (Jesus help us). Could someone explain why Kelly and Corbett were left on? Corbett reverted to his self of old, when things are not going his way, he disappears from play. Usually he is first to give interviews after a victory, not to be seen after yesterdays match. Young Noel McGrath had to do it instead. Plonker. Well it looks like Kilkenny have a clear road ahead of them for then next few years, they could very well make 40 All-Irelands given that there is no one there to stop them. I guess tipp are a once-in-a-decade type of team. I swear next year I'm following the minor football team instead, at least they have some b***s and have a bit of heart.

I though striking a player was a straight red. I know it the ref that Walsh struck, it's still a strike, so why wasn't he set off.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Tipp have no b***S Empty Re: Tipp have no b***S

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

Come off it - tipp are a very young team. They are not going to be up to the 'physical' play of Kilkenny. The way Kilkenny played didn't surprise me. Kilkenny were tripping and digging and doing everything all day. I hope hurling isn't going to decend into that farce of everything goes referring.

The ref deserved what he got in the face. It was his own fault. Tommy Walsh should have been sent off for that - he is going to hurt someone someday the way he flails around that hurl of his.

I was at the All Ireland 3 years ago that Tipp lost, but I actually enjoyed the game. There was only about 10 minutes of hurling that you would want to watch yesterday.

As for surrendering their title easily - Tipp needed to have their best game yesterday - they didn't. Similar to the previous year, Kilkenny had a bad day in the office - nothing went right for them.

Why would RTE want to interview Lar Corbett? They usually want to interview him because he has scored 3/4 goals! He didn't yesterday.

Do Kilkenny have a clear road in front of them - A few big retirements coming up there in the next year or two. Look what they were like last year when they lost Henry, a once in several generations player.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

Kilkenny are just a bigger and better team. Simple really.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

dublfcynwa wrote:Kilkenny are just a bigger and better team. Simple really.

What would a Dub know about hurling Smile
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

Sin é wrote:

Ha, not much but we are learning a little bit. Smile
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Oh please, Kilkenny are not bigger, fitter nor are they better hurlers. Kikenny are and were always physical and don't tell me Tipp weren't expecting that. It is after all it's their third meeting in a final. Tipp were simply clueless. As for Tommy Walsh, Tommy does what Tommy does, nothing new there. As for Kilkenny retirements, don't bet on it any time soon. Do you really think Henry, Hickey or Brennan will be announcing their retirements soon, especially when there's a 9th All-Ireland waiting for them next year. Again, I ask, who the hell is going to stop them. Tipp are closest but are still way off the mark. Also Tipp are not that young, next year the average age will be around 25.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

dublfcynwa wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Could you learn a little quicker? A juggernaut needs stopping.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:05 am

bluemoda wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Could you learn a little quicker? A juggernaut needs stopping.

No fear of Kilkenny giving Dublin a few players censored

Interesting point though - Kilkenny have only to peak for one game, maybe two games a year so can keep their powder dry. Teams like Tipp have a couple of competitive games where all their moves can be well analysed.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

What moves? Didn't see anything of them yesterday. All I saw were men against boys.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

bluemoda wrote:Oh please, Kilkenny are not bigger, fitter nor are they better hurlers. Kikenny are and were always physical and don't tell me Tipp weren't expecting that. It is after all it's their third meeting in a final. Tipp were simply clueless. As for Tommy Walsh, Tommy does what Tommy does, nothing new there. As for Kilkenny retirements, don't bet on it any time soon. Do you really think Henry, Hickey or Brennan will be announcing their retirements soon, especially when there's a 9th All-Ireland waiting for them next year. Again, I ask, who the hell is going to stop them. Tipp are closest but are still way off the mark. Also Tipp are not that young, next year the average age will be around 25.

Its the ref who needs to deal with Tommy.

Henry & Brennan are 32, Hickey is 30. The Tipp team are on average 5/6 years younger than them. Lar Corbett is probably the oldest outfield player at 30. Cummins is 36.

Didn't Tipp stop their 5-in-a-row last year having also lost in a tight, physical game the previous year? And Henry got injured that day. Taking a chance with Henry for that game just shows how important he is to the Kilkenny team.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

bluemoda wrote:What moves? Didn't see anything of them yesterday. All I saw were men against boys.

They saw how to close down Lar Corbet by man-marking him. And they are boys! Boys will grow up.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

They saw how to close down Lar Corbet by man-marking him. And they are boys! Boys will grow up.
[/quote]. They are not boys, they are gown bloody men and as you are well aware, I was speaking methophorically, and in case you didn't notice, they closed down the entire half-forward and full-forward line.

I though you were a Tipp supporter Sin e. Aren't you the lease bit concerned?

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

I would'nt go as far to say they have no ball's they were just beaten by the better team on the day. Tipp have some smashing young hurlers and I would be optimistic for the future if I was a Tipp fan. As for the point about competitive game's, Kilkenny's second team provide them with competitive game's and the Munster hurling champ is not what is used to be at all.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

bluemoda - no, not at all. As dub says, Tipp has some great young hurlers. I think something like 6 of them won U21 Minor & Senior medals last year. Kilkenny lost to Galway in 2001 in a semi final (under Cody) having won the All Ireland the year before. They came back from that. They will learn something from this. Just like they learned something from the defeat 3 years ago.

Kilkenny always needs someone like Henry though. Back then it was DJ and Henry was also on the scene. Can't see his replacement yet emerging.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:28 pm

[quote="Sin é"][quote="bluemoda"][quote="dublfcynwa"][quote="Sin é"]
dublfcynwa wrote: so can keep their powder dry.

If it is one thing Kilkenny do well, it is to wet powder.....it is how the powder pissers got their name.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

[quote="RebelBhoy"][quote="Sin é"][quote="bluemoda"][quote="dublfcynwa"]
Sin é wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote: so can keep their powder dry.

If it is one thing Kilkenny do well, it is to wet powder.....it is how the powder pissers got their name.

Don't get the meaning. Sorry I was in remedial class at school. Please explain.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

Missing the point. Not questing Tipp's player's abilities, I'm questioning theirs and managements judgement. Tipp played dumb. Lobbying high balls into non-functioning forwards wasn't working, try something else (like long range points), they didn't, Tipp lost. It's a team not using all it's talents. This Tipp team isn't a Kelly and Corbett roadshow only. Why weren't P. Maher, B. Maher, Ryan and O'Mahony popping points over from distance. Why, because instructions were to get the ball into the forwards, and this lost us the match. Points win matches too, something Tipp forgot. Their eureka moment never arrived. Dumb and dumber.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:19 pm

bluemoda wrote:Missing the point. Not questing Tipp's player's abilities, I'm questioning theirs and managements judgement. Tipp played dumb. Lobbying high balls into non-functioning forwards wasn't working, try something else (like long range points), they didn't, Tipp lost. It's a team not using all it's talents. This Tipp team isn't a Kelly and Corbett roadshow only. Why weren't P. Maher, B. Maher, Ryan and O'Mahony popping points over from distance. Why, because instructions were to get the ball into the forwards, and this lost us the match. Points win matches too, something Tipp forgot. Their eureka moment never arrived. Dumb and dumber.

They are all still very young (and Declan Ryan is a young manager). They will learn from this.

At the match, I thought they were trying to avoid Henry on one side and secondly, if they were not winning the ball in midfield, Kilkenny would be hitting long range points straight back at them.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

In the last 10/15 minutes loads of space opened up around midfield as Kilkenny played a little more defensively. That's when Tipp should have been scoring points from way out the field. The 2 Mahers, Ryan and O'Mahoney are capable of scoring from way out the field. They must ge given leeway to do this. As I said in an earlier post, it's not a Kelly- Corbett roadshow. The other players must be trusted more to read how the game is going and to use their judgement, skill and common sense to go for it when the change arises. The Tipp players will be disgusted when they see the video and realize how much space they had. P. Maher gave a interview after he won man-of-the-match award earlier in the championship and he said that the forwards don't like the others going for their own points. That says it all really.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Bonnar went for a goal instead of passing and missed (that was last year wasn't it). Both Lar & Eoin were raging with him. They are set up to pass all the time to another player in a better position. You can't blame them for looking for Lar because he is lethal generally.

Apart from Lar & Eoin (& Cummins), they are all kids. Maybe if there was someone more experienced/older in the midfield they would have changed things about.

Still,
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

It's not about passing the ball to a player in a better poistion, thats just common sense. It's about lobbying the ball to forwards that were rendered useless by man-to-man marking and being outmuscled ie , Corbett & Kelly et all. Something else had to be done. It seems to me that the others were following instructions and continued to lobby the high balls, they obviously didn't have the leeway to make their own judgement call, mores the pity. Players have instincts and our experienced players didn't use these instincts for the better good. Don't you think Corbett and Kelly should have used their own common sense and should have know that they were ineffective and told the others to go for it, given their supposed leadership skills. Skills not much in evidence last Sunday.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

[quote="Sin é"]Bonnar went for a goal instead of passing and missed (that was last year wasn't it). Both Lar & Eoin were raging with him.

that was Bonnar's first championship start and in fairness to him, the goal was on. I sometimes wonder if the public bollacking put Bonnar off going for his own scores and turned him to the provider.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

bluemoda wrote:

During the 1798 rebellion it is alleged that some Kilkenny men peed on the gunpowder of the rebels hiding out in Castlecommer coal mine.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:
bluemoda wrote:

During the 1798 rebellion it is alleged that some Kilkenny men peed on the gunpowder of the rebels hiding out in Castlecommer coal mine.

Why doesn't that surprise me. Given their surnames, most of them are decendants of Cromwell's butchers anyway.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down