The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Saturday @ Belfast

+4
BALTIMORA
coxy0001
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
8 posters

Go down

This Saturday @ Belfast Empty This Saturday @ Belfast

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am

This Saturday sees Paul McCloskey in action against a fella called Bredis Prescott who I think beat someone famous before..not sure, Team McCloskey might have mentioned something about it.

Anyway, this card looked alright at the beginning, it will be good to see how McCloskey gets on against Prescott who I think looked a little bit better last time out (still not world class tho).

But the kick in the stones and the only reason I was gonna go to this fight was for Frampton vs Martinez but thats gone and now we have................wait for it............Carl Frampton vs Mark Quon!!!!!!!!!!!! for the vacant Commonwealth Belt.

Now I know its hard to get late replacements, but I have been hearing all this muck from Matchroom and co saying "we offered Munroe the fight" bla bla bla. So effectively they are trying to feed BS that fighters who are on the verge of getting World Title shots are dodging a 11 fight novice with only a week to train.

So with this theory I want to say that I am fighting my local binman tomorrow, I was supposed to fight the local locksmith but he pulled out. I offered the fight to Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather but they turned it down.

Don't like the way team Frampton are claiming fighters who are miles ahead in the game are ducking them. Seems a bit disrespectful to the likes of Munroe and Quigg etc.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

This Saturday @ Belfast Empty Re: This Saturday @ Belfast

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:13 am

You know Prescott reminds me of fighters in the past who have had one good fight and have basically traded on that for the rest of their careers...

I don't see anything but a clubfighter with a punch when I watch him..

He's caught a young Khan cold and made good money not doing sack since...

Mcloskey all night long unless Prescott finds a payoff........

You're right the Munroe line does look like a save-your-face press rerlease.....to account for the puny showdown...

Interesting stuff though reborn.......Just shows there is a first time for everything! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:20 am

Yea Truss I was arguing with a few boyos last night on facebook and Frampton weighed in and called me a so called expert.

I asked on what planet a fighter who has won every domestic belt and is close to another world title shot is going to come to belfast to fight an 11 fight novice with a weeks notice for the Commonwealth Belt.

Didn't get a reply.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:55 am

I'd imagine Munroe said he was at the center of a cheap PR stunt and that they can print all the green colored money and he still wouldn't fight.

Are they fighting in a leisure center or a proper stadia? Fancy PM to dance circles around Prescott who will try to dominate from the center and will receive a knockout to the center of his centered head that has been colored in with a centered bullseye.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Its in the Odyssey Arena believe it or not Coxy. Holds about 10-12 thousand. I refuse to sit in the place as its full of scum at the weekends. And they charge ridiculous prices for alkeyhol!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 pm

I heard that Munroe has something lined up, but dunno if he's announced anything yet. Must admit the idea of fighting your local binman wouldn't be quite so bad if it was Munroe.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Silly billy tactics from Matchroom. You would hope for better but maybe they are using the current fight to hype up something with Munroe in the future.

Will that Euro super bantamweight belt will still be vacant Dee?

Frampton and Munroe for the euro belt? Let kiko wait.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Strongback wrote:Silly billy tactics from Matchroom. You would hope for better but maybe they are using the current fight to hype up something with Munroe in the future.

Will that Euro super bantamweight belt will still be vacant Dee?

Frampton and Munroe for the euro belt? Let kiko wait.

I don't know what is happening with the Euro Belt, I don't think it has been vacated. Kiko's dad got a leg cut off and isn't well, so maybe for exceptional circumstances they have let him hold on to it for some reason.

Munroe has been down all the other routes. It would be a massive back step to fight Frampton as he could easily go for a World Title shot.

I like Munroe and Frampton, but I think Carl should just focus on reality. Scott Quigg being the main reality
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:45 pm

probably a good thing for frampton, as i dont think he was ready for martinez. but i most looking forwards to watching perez, i really would like to see him against decent opposition.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 pm

McCloskey should box Prescotts ears off. Frampton offering Munroe a fight is a joke. Munroe should offer him a fight in December just to shut the youngster up. Perez doesn't have a fight listed on boxrec who's he supposed to be fighting?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 am

Framptons team offered the fight to Munroe not Carl himself... the fight Carl really seemed to want was Casey, as Casey's team had been shouting off about beating Frampton etc. And with Casey scheduled to fight around the same time should probably of been made. Looks likely to be lined up next though if both come through there next fight.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 am

Frampton has been bad mouthing Munroe for not taking the fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down