The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull KR release Newton and Fisher

2 posters

Go down

Hull KR release Newton and Fisher  Empty Hull KR release Newton and Fisher

Post by Kenny Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Hull KR have today announced that they will be releasing Clint Newton and Ben Fisher at the end of the season . Newton who had a further 12 months on his contract has been allowed to leave early so he can join Penrith Panthers on a 2 year deal , Fisher leaves after 6 years at Rovers after not being offered a new contract .

I would like to thank both players for their services to the club both have had massive influences on our style of play , and i wish them both goodluck in the future ( unless they are playing against us ) . Newton was awesome for us scoring vital tries , Ben i can not say enough good things about sorry to see him go .

It does look like we are going in different direction , new coach new players , exciting times ahead i hope .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Hull KR release Newton and Fisher  Empty Re: Hull KR release Newton and Fisher

Post by Luke Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:49 am

Newton has been good for us, and i wish him well with the Panthers.
i'm dissappointed with the releasing of Fisher, who i feel has been outstanding during his time with Rovers, and i think we could have got another 1/2 years good service from, espically as him and Hodgson seem to work well in tandom together. Anyway best of luck Ben, and good luck for the future.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Looks like we are bringing in Withers from Crusaders to replace Fisher , not sure he's any better though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Neither am i, and if going for a player roughly the same age, don't see why we didn't keep Ben, though to be honest i'm not overly sure about our recruiting at the moment, Hodgson is a class player who i think is a good signing, but the others arn't better then what we already have.
Also think that getting rid of Fox, Cockayne, Fisher could come back to haunt us.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I agree with that , dont get releasing Fox or Fisher , Cockayne just ran out of chances .

Lets hope what Hudgel said yesterday is true .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Sorry, but not living in Hull anymore, and even when i did didn't read the HDM, what did Hudgall say?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

He said that the board would be making Funds available to the new coach for new signings and that all the money in the salary cap would be spent .
He also said that they will announce new coach inside of 2 weeks
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Trouble is, how many more players are we going to be getting rid off. The main ones i've heard at the moment are Colburn, Cook and Clinton off to Harlequins, Welham to Leeds. Now i know that we need to strength the squad, but i don't feel that we need a complete overhall, as it was a goodish squad already, that has underachived this year. a few quality signings to our squad could have seen us up nearer the top off the table next season.
I take it the new coach is going to be an Aussie again, what has happened to English coaches, and why arn't english coaches (or no 2's) given a chance anymore?

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:24 pm

The board are flying to Australia next week to speak to the 5 top choices ( all aussies) favourite is still Kevin Moore the former Canterbury Bulldogs coach , but also speaking to Kurt Wrigley ,Steve Georgallis , Matt Cameron and 1 other .

Rovers in advanced talks with Canterbury prop Mickey Paea , Lincoln Withers set to sign 2 year deal aswell .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down