The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connolly cleared to play in the final.

+7
thebandwagonsociety
Mickado
Tayto
Thomond
akaredtop
bluemoda
dublfcynwa
11 posters

Go down

Connolly cleared to play in the final. Empty Connolly cleared to play in the final.

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/connolly-in-the-clear-for-dublins-allireland-bid-2867206.html

Surprised he got off to be honest.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Connolly cleared to play in the final. Empty Re: Connolly cleared to play in the final.

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

I'm glad, good for him. it wasn't a sending off offence anyway. It would have been a shame if he missed the final.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Connolly cleared to play in the final. Empty Re: Connolly cleared to play in the final.

Post by akaredtop Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

He is not from Kerry! That is why he got off! Do Kerry need any further motivation? I don't think so.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

Kerry are the Kilkenny of football, dirty bs. Is Galvin playing - please say he is, so Kerry will end up with 14.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:34 pm

bluemoda wrote:Kerry are the Kilkenny of football, dirty bs. Is Galvin playing - please say he is, so Kerry will end up with 14.

Are you for real? Kilkenny might be good hurlers but they play like thugs. You have been sucked into this Galvin myth as well. One of your favourite players "Tommy Walsh" does more thuggery in 70mins than Galvin has done in his lifetime. Galvin's sins are blown totally out of proportion. Knocking a notebook out of a ref's hand is a far lesser crime than striking a ref with a hurley down the head.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

Yes, Tommy is one of my favourite players, even though I should hate him today. He's like All-Black Richie McGraw, in that he pushes the rules to their limits and mostly gets away with it. He plays as much with his heart as his head but always with 100% commitment and puts his body on the line every game. Brazen bold players do that in every sport. It's up to the refs to deal with it, mostly they dont, so they keep on doing it. So who is really to blame?

There's not myth surrounding Galvin. He's just dumb. If he is playing and if I were a Dub, I would spend every moment I could trying to wind him up. It will work eventually and he will respond or retaliate. He's not clever like Walsh, who reads the refs very well, so does his dirty stuff for all to see. Contrast that with Galvin has an inate inability to read the ref and gets caught every time. Did you see his documentary on tv. At one stage he stated that he was relying on the integrity of the opposing players not to wind him up Connolly cleared to play in the final. 56390 or what.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

Well virtually all of his troubles have been against Cork and most particularly two of the biggest scumbags ever to grace a football field in O Leary and Cadogan. I agree it is naive of him to rely on the integrity of opposing players not to wind him up but he does not play the game by cheating in the way Walsh does. I never saw him trying to gain an advantage by breaking the rules the way Walsh does. All of his troubles have come off the ball in dealing with pond life like O Leary and Cadogan. I would prefer if he was low profile as he is a fabulous player for Kerry when on song.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Noelie hass acrually calmed down a bit. Galvin is a scumbag in my view. When you mock a fella about his brother's suicide you're a heap of sh!te in my view.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

Thomond, can you prove that Galvin said that? O Leary has been acting a scumbag for years. Now all of a sudden you want to make an exuse for him. From my view he was acting to type.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

What a load of old shoite.
Connolly is being allowed to play because he is a Dub and nothing else.
If it were a Cork or Kerry player in the same position then the suspension would stand.
It's a disgrace but I'm not 1 bit surprised by it.

As for Mr Galvin and the flak he is taking on here,

Thomond being a Corkman myself I will be the first to admit that O leary and Cadogan are knackers when it come to playing football so I for one would not throw stones.
I do not believe for 1 minute that Galvin said anything of the sort to O Leary with regard to his brother regardless of idle gossip.

I hope that Kerry give The Jackeens a good drubbing on the 18th. OK OK OK

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

Tayto wrote:What a load of old shoite.
Connolly is being allowed to play because he is a Dub and nothing else.If it were a Cork or Kerry player in the same position then the suspension would stand.It's a disgrace but I'm not 1 bit surprised by it.

Thomond being a Corkman myself I will be the first to admit that O leary and Cadogan are knackers when it come to playing football so I for one would not throw stones.
I do not believe for 1 minute that Galvin said anything of the sort to O Leary with regard to his brother regardless of idle gossip.

Is there precedent for that* or are you just paranoid?

*a player having their ban reduced because the opposition was clearly feigning injury.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

Tayto wrote:What a load of old shoite.
Connolly is being allowed to play because he is a Dub and nothing else.
If it were a Cork or Kerry player in the same position then the suspension would stand.
It's a disgrace but I'm not 1 bit surprised by it.

Laugh Typical redneck racist against Dubs Smile
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

Sorry for the misqoute

I know Kerry will give the Jackeens a good drubbing on the 18th. OK OK OK

2 million euros spent by the county board with fcek all to show for it. Doh

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Before the Dublin -v- Kerry banter disintergrates further, should Connolly have been sent off in the first place? No, he should not, at worst it was a yellow. The Donegal player frigning injury should also have been booked.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

bluemoda wrote:Before the Dublin -v- Kerry banter disintergrates further, should Connolly have been sent off in the first place? No, he should not, at worst it was a yellow. The Donegal player frigning injury should also have been booked.

Agreed. I think that vindicates the decision to let him play.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

You raise your hand to a fellas face and you are likely to get a red. It was the right decision to overturn it. Cahill could havbe been sent off earlier on in that game though. Cads is a scumbag I don't think Noelie is that bad,no where near is that scut Galvin. The stories you hear from Chriost Rí kids about him...

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

With the crazy money being spent by the Dublin county board, it is crazy that they would try and promote and improve GAA in a county with such a small population.

How does their spend compare to Kerry GAA (who only put out a competitive football team)?

How does their spend compare to Kilkenny GAA (who only put out a competitive hurling team)?

How do they compare to Cork who have both codes competing?

Do all the other counties just rely on goodwill and a daily dose of Hail Mary's?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Ther Dublin county board have gotten somewhere around 10 million from the GAA over the last few years to "invest"

Also are you saying that Dublin has a small population?! It is Ireland's primate city,it has 3/4 times more people than the next most populated which is Cork.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

On Tommy Walsh, he strikes me as a fella with unbelievable skill levels that has regressed back ever so slightly from his peak of the last couple of seasons (so often the plaudits come after you have reached your zenith and not while you are still at it). Whenever a truly skillful player drops back and starts to have some youngsters getting a half yard on him, the competitive instinct in those players comes through and shows a steely determination (or vicious streak depending on your point of view). I'm singling out Walsh here, but it is something you see with a large number of highly talented players as they get older and have to compete with youth.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

He has always been dirty.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

Thomond wrote:Ther Dublin county board have gotten somewhere around 10 million from the GAA over the last few years to "invest"

Also are you saying that Dublin has a small population?! It is Ireland's primate city,it has 3/4 times more people than the next most populated which is Cork.

only a bit of sarcasm on my part Thomond. Dublin does get a lot of money, I won't for a second try and dispute that. I'm just touching on the classic innuendo that Dublin is trying buy its way to an All Ireland title. Kerry spend around the €1m mark on an annual basis if rumours are to be believed (and rumours are great and unsubstantiated things). But you rarely hear about other counties spend being talked about. Were Tipp not spending north of €1.2m as little as 2 seasons ago. On a serious note, I'd love to see the actual figures by county to have a good debate on this subject in a separate discussion thread. Does anyone have ideas of what their counties are spending on their elite team(s)?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

How much of that Tipp money is generated themselves? That's what I wonder,is all the money from the GAA or do counties raise a lot themselves?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

bluemoda wrote:I'm glad, good for him. it wasn't a sending off offence anyway. It would have been a shame if he missed the final.

+ 1 thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

Donncha O'Connor did something like this a few years ago and I think people felt like he should have been banned,I don't see why it's different.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Miskella, not Donncha.

Donncha got sent off against the Animals when Aidan O'Mahoney cheated.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

RebelBhoy wrote:Miskella, not Donncha.

But Miskella didn't get a ban.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

Thomond wrote:How much of that Tipp money is generated themselves? That's what I wonder,is all the money from the GAA or do counties raise a lot themselves?

Well dublin generate the most through sponsership and jersey sales and the likes
so i would say alot of it is there own money.

I dont know how spending the most money could win you an all ireland though

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Id love to see some actual figure's to show how much each county get's instead of people banging out figure's they have just made up when they have no clue how much each county get's really. It's only right that Dublin will get the most because they generate the most money, it's also granted that you will have bitter culchie's that are not happy about it, but f*ck them, Dublin are great for the g.a.a wether they like it or not, and the g.a.a know this.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

When have the Jackeens been any good for the GAA.
It's their first final for donkeys years and previous to this year have exited the Championship before breakfast.
Get a grip fella.

I wonder if the alcos will hold up the start of this year's final with not being able to leave the pubs? Whistle

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

RebelBhoy wrote:Miskella, not Donncha.

Thoroughbreds as opposed to Donkeys! Wink

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:52 am

Tayto wrote:When have the Jackeens been any good for the GAA.
It's their first final for donkeys years and previous to this year have exited the Championship before breakfast.
Get a grip fella.

I wonder if the alcos will hold up the start of this year's final with not being able to leave the pubs? Whistle

Even myself as a bandwagon Dub can easily see that if the Dubs do even moderately well in a season it generates more ticket sales to croke park, more press coverage which means more viewing figures on tv and increase the value of the advertising slots. To be honest the best scenario is Dublin getting to semi's and losing as the all ireland final has a guaranteed sellout anyway. In recent years, the semi's don't necessarily sell out unless Dublin are there. I know, I know those games are in Dublin and there isn't the trek and financial cost to get to the games for Jackeens, but how many turnip eating potato munchers are up in dublin working anyway?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

Maybe eating more Turnips and Spuds would help the Jackeens win the AI. Whistle

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:07 am

Get a grip fella.

We have more supporters so it takes longer to get in

The cork fans took there time to get into watch there minor team last year infact it took so long that all except for ten got there before the end.

There is more kids playing gaa in dublin then there is in most of munster i would say.

Exited before breakfast we have won all but one leinster final in the last 8 years
we have been to 1/4 finals most years

ps, you shot your only rebel in the back

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

akaredtop wrote:Maybe eating more Turnips and Spuds would help the Jackeens win the AI. Whistle

It would be a scary thought to turn Jackeens into Culchies

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Provincial titles are ten a penny and have not got the importance they once had anymore and reaching the dizzy heights of the All Ireland 1/4 finals is nothing to shout about.

The Jackeens are more interested in drinking before going to a game than actually watching one.

I'd say there are more kids playing football in Cork and Kerry alone than in the whole of Dallas city and county. OK

As for the final I can see Croke Park being half empty by half time after Kerry teach you Jackeens a lesson in how to play Gaelic Football. OK

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

Tayto wrote:Provincial titles are ten a penny and have not got the importance they once had anymore and reaching the dizzy heights of the All Ireland 1/4 finals is nothing to shout about.

The Jackeens are more interested in drinking before going to a game than actually watching one.

[b]I'd say there are more kids playing football in Cork and Kerry alone than in the whole of Dallas city and county. OK[/b

As for the final I can see Croke Park being half empty by half time after Kerry teach you Jackeens a lesson in how to play Gaelic Football. OK

well its easy when you just have you have kerry to play off for a provincial title its a little tougher up here.

Alot of dubs are drunken idiots but you get this with big cities.

I'd say it must be tough for people in irelands third city to know that dublin are better then them at
football and hurling

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

Why is it that when I read the GAA threads the only time I ever see mudslinging and nasty banter is when the Dubs are playing? Everyone seems to respect every other county, moderate banter is slung around and enjoyed, but there’s always a bitter edge when its towards the Dubs.

And it’s always finished off with a “you’re going to get hammered anyway” remark. If we’re going to get hammered the what are ye getting worked up about.

Áth Cliath Abú!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

Dallas are on a par with Donegal.
Enough said. vomit

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

Everyone is bitter about Dublin. Let's be honest,they do generate a lot of money for the GAA,they do deserve a fair share of it. They have bandwagoners,every county does. Cork's bandwagon even has a name! I personally don't enjoy the brand of football they play but who cares? If they manage to stifle that Kerry forward line,they deserve to win it and all credit to them. I don't want either side to win,I'm hoping for a decent game of ball.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

Thomond

It should be better than last year's error ridden low quality final.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

It wasn't a great spectacle,but I don't care! Stop stirring,will you?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

Mickado wrote:
And it’s always finished off with a “you’re going to get hammered anyway” remark. If we’re going to get hammered the what are ye getting worked up about.

Áth Cliath Abú!

...and how come the Dubs have made it to the final in the football and got as far as the semi's in the hurling? Surely if they were going to get hammered in every match... Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

akaredtop wrote:Thomond

It should be better than last year's error ridden low quality final.

Was that the one Kerry didnt make it to as one of the error ridden teams had beaten them in an earlier round?

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Rumour doing the rounds in Belfast. Galvin is going to the art college in October to study FASHION design and will be seeking a transfer to the local St Galls club.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

Get a grip fella.

Jesus you are a bit slow are'nt you. I meant they were good in a marketing sense for the g.a.a. There will alway's be bitter's like yourself that have prob not contributed anything to the g.a.a ever but will still moan about where the money goes.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down