The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objection!

4 posters

Go down

Objection! Empty Objection!

Post by Reebok Rules Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

I have a question for someone ..... anyone.

Last weekends almost triple dead-heat involving Dream Ahead, Bated Breath and Hoof It, jogged a memory.

Being extremely ancient I can remember back in the day when you would frequently be told that there was "a stewards enquiry and an objection". The possible outcome of which might be "objection over-ruled and after the stewards enquiry, the result stands"

Having been only the vaguest of racing followers for 15 years, I started to pick up more of my old interest about 2 years ago, and yet I can't remember hearing a result where there was an "objection" in that time.

So ... is objecting to a reult by a trainer now not allowed or has it been made redundant by technology? I saw that Hoof It's connections may well lodge an objection at this late stage, but it got me wondering .....

Reebok Rules

Back to top Go down

Objection! Empty Re: Objection!

Post by Solerina Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

Hi Reebok,

You might find the information you're looking for here... British Horseracing Authority

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

I watched the race last night. I think if Hoof It had managed to finish 2nd, the objection would have been lodged with the Stewards on the day. The usual would have been "the second objects to the winner for taking my ground inside the final furlong" on several occasions..
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Do you think that had Hoof It finished 2nd the stewards might have changed the result.
I can only remember 1 time when a trainer made an objection but don't think it affected the result though. Most trainers accept the stewards decisions and unless it is in a group race or a classic then they won't bother objecting.
What annoys me is when a horse causes interference and makes the runner up lose all momentum and goes on to win by a half a length to a length the result always stands, surely if the runner up had continued at full speed then it would more than likely have won.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

Yes I think Hoof It would have gotten the race in the Stewards room.

Dream Ahead blocked its run not only once but twice. And as there was only a head between 1st & 3rd, Dream Ahead would have certainly lost the race.

You also only got to look at it after the post, Hoof It was nearly half a length in front of the other two 2 strides after the line. So from that you can deduce that Dream Ahead stopped Hoof It running in a straight line & had to switch twice to go a round it. If Hoof It had not been interfered with it would half probably won by at least a 1/2 lenghth if not more.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

I still haven't watched the race but as Hoof It only lost by a head do you think it was partly the jockeys fault. I can't help thinking that if Fallon had been riding he wouldn't have been in a position to be interfered with

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

I don't think you can blame the jockey. He followed through behind Dream Ahead. Dream Ahead swerved right just as Gibson moved Hoof IT to challenge on its right. He then switched it to the left of Dream Ahead, only for Dream Ahead to start going left & Hoof It had no option but to go with it.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum