The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad

+2
rugbyman
bluestonevedder
6 posters

Go down

Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad Empty Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:48 am

Hey guys,

This is all just for a bit of fun and hopefully could be quite interesting! As you all probably know, when the Barbarians play internationals, it is tradition for an internationally uncapped player to be selected.
If this custom were applied to World Cup squads (the travelling 30 man), which uncapped player do you think would be selected for your country and why?
To clarify, caps for England saxons, Ireland A, etc, DO NOT count.

My nomination would be Christian Wade of London Wasps. He's made a great transition from academy to club level, and his footwork and acceleration are staggering. Reminds me of a young Jason Robinson, and think he's one for the future.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad Empty Re: Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad

Post by rugbyman Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:06 am

Wade's a great prospect for sure, he's got awesome balance in his running, but majorly lacks experience even at club level.

I don't think Dowson's been capped? He'd be a good player for England to have in their squad, or even better, Chris Robshaw?

rugbyman

Back to top Go down

Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad Empty Re: Baa Baa's rule applied to World Cup Squad

Post by wales606 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:20 am

Ken Owens.....because he in in our 30 man squad and has no caps. Whistle
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 am

Tovey
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 am

rugbyman - Robshaw has one cap.

Joe Simpson..?
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 am

wales606 wrote:Ken Owens.....because he in in our 30 man squad and has no caps. Whistle

haha, not exactly what I had in mind, I was thinking slightly more adventurous selections!

Robshaw was capped last summer I believe, against Australia, so that puts him out of selection.

Tovey is a good shout, and Dowson is a brilliant one. From his performance against Gloucester on sunday, I honestly can't believe he hasn't been capped at the international level, what more can he do to put his hand up for selection?

I think either of England or Wales capping Ben Morgan would have been a good 'wildcard' inclusion.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 am

Well, Wales cant cap Morgan yet.

Ok, for a proper wildcard selection...Lloyd Williams...no wait.....ummm, Lloyd Burns....no.....ummmm....Scott Andr..no.

Adam Hughes - to play at 13 (not on the wing Wink)

Or possibly Dafydd Hewitt as a backup centre as he was on fire at the end of the season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:14 am

Yeah, we've got the uncapped Simpson in our touring party anyway! Tuilagi was uncapped before the warm-ups as well. Sharples would have been a good shout (but again, was capped in the warm-ups). Dowson is a decent option, as would Attwood or Kitchener be in place of Shaw. Barritt or Alex Goode could both say they were unlucky to be left out of the pre-WC squad.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am

robbo277 wrote:Yeah, we've got the uncapped Simpson in our touring party anyway! Tuilagi was uncapped before the warm-ups as well. Sharples would have been a good shout (but again, was capped in the warm-ups). Dowson is a decent option, as would Attwood or Kitchener be in place of Shaw. Barritt or Alex Goode could both say they were unlucky to be left out of the pre-WC squad.

he's capped

robshaw's cap wasn't against aus last summer, but argentina the year before. he captained england against the aus 2nds but didn't play in a test
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38 am

I believe Jordan Turner-Hall is still uncapped. Played against the Barbarians but not a test match.

Dowson would be a good shout. Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see a back row of Robshaw/Fourie/Dowson do at least as well as the one that has gone. It's been a problem area for us for ages.

That young wasps guy Launchbury is starting to look really good as well.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down