The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added)

+5
Sir. badgerhands
coxy0001
TRUSSMAN66
The Galveston Giant
Scottrf
9 posters

Go down

Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added) Empty Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added)

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7382189n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

"Former WBC junior welterweight champion Arturo Gatti did not commit suicide, but was murdered, an independent team of criminal and medical experts said Wednesday in North Bergen, N.J. Gatti was found dead July 11, 2009, by his wife, Amanda Rodrigues Gatti, on the kitchen floor of a condominium the couple rented in Porto de Galinhas, Brazil. Police believed that only Rodrigues Gatti and the couple's 10-month-old son were in the apartment with Gatti

There was also no sign of forced entry into the apartment. Rodrigues Gatti was arrested shortly afterward, but later released when authorities determined Gatti had hung himself.

But after an independent 10-month investigation, a team of experts put together by Gatti's longtime friend and manager, Pat Lynch, claims local police failed to properly investigate Gatti's death.

The team's findings say that the purse strap allegedly used by Gatti to hang himself was neither long enough to wrap around his 18-inch neck, nor strong enough to support his body weight.

In addition, investigators claim police failed to test blood-stained towels that were left on the kitchen counter.

While the experts hint at Rodrigues Gatti possibly acting alone, their evidence suggests that she likely had an accomplice.

The experts point to a blunt force laceration at the back of Gatti's head to support their theory. They say that Gatti could not have caused that injury to himself. Instead, someone had to assault him.

"In my opinion, he was attacked by another person that resulted in a blunt force laceration to the back of his head and then he was strangled," forensic scientist Brent E. Turvey said. "He died in the location where he was [found]."

Finally, investigators claim money was the motivation that led to Gatti's death. They have no doubt that Rodrigues Gatti had the fighter murdered to collect more than $7 million from his estate.

"If she was [in the condo] alone, who committed the homicide?" investigator Paul J. Ciolino said. "He was murdered because he had some dough.

"It's the oldest motive in the world."

Gatti's final will leaves his estate to Rodrigues Gatti. That will is being challenged by Gatti's family members in a Montreal civil court.

"Amanda is an extreme person of interest in this case," Ciolino said. "The Brazilians, to my knowledge, are not looking at any other person.

"Amanda makes Anna Nicole Smith look like June Cleaver."

On Wednesday, Rodrigues Gatti told the Canadian Press she still believed her husband took his own life.

"I know it was [a suicide]. It would be easier for me to explain to myself that it wasn't a suicide, but I'm positive it was."

Gatti made a name for himself as an action-packed boxer. His trilogy with Micky Ward is regarded among the best in boxing history.

Besides the WBC junior welterweight title, Gatti also held the IBF super featherweight crown. He had a professional career record of 40-9.

Gatti, a Canadian who resided in Jersey City, N.J., during his professional boxing career, was 37 years old when he died.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6941437/investigators-convinced-arturo-gatti-was-murdered

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added) Empty Re: Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added)

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

I remember they said an announcement would be made and this is what i expected, where exactly do they go from here though?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added) Empty Re: Gatti Was Murdered (Documentary added)

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:I remember they said an announcement would be made and this is what i expected, where exactly do they go from here though?
Dunno, but I think the police invesigation is closed, so unless they can convince the they have new information, nowhere.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

Usual p**s poor police work.....why complicate the issue when you can write it off as a suicide..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Gotta wonder how an ex pro wasn't able to put up any sort of fight against some 110lb hottie.

Personally i think she must've had some help, think the detectives might need to call upon my investigative expertise.

Never thought he did do it himself, sad end to a glittering life either way though.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Usual p**s poor police work.....why complicate the issue when you can write it off as a suicide..

I guess they should have just left Shipman to continue what he was doing then, i mean why complicate it by spending years investigating and a shed load of money on a court case eh?

Another piece of tosh from Truss

Maybe, just maybe his family will want to see justice done as taking your own life leaves behind emotional turmoil for close family that "they could have done something" for him etc.

You're a disgrace.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

It was sarcasm you stupid dumbass..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It was sarcasm you stupid dumbass..

What an apt subject to act like a complete ****

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Mate do me a favor stick to stalking d4........more your level.

and keep off the booze.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

My level is a fair bit above yours sunshine

Takes a special kind of scum to make jokey statements on the aforementioned subject.

Perhaps you should write to his family with your little joke, i'm sure they'll find it just as funny.

At least i can afford my own booze and make my own choices, go and ask your father in law for some more money and support would'ya?

Last edited by coxy0001 on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

You going to comment on my Johnson thread..or is it outside of your intellectual comfort zone????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

I probably commented on the one you wrote on the subject before.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

How on earth did this thread descend into squabbles!!!

Thought Truss was just having a pop at poor police work than making light of Gatti's death.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:How on earth did this thread descend into squabbles!!!

Thought Truss was just having a pop at poor police work than making light of Gatti's death.
He was. coxy misunderstood his post.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

Coxy, you misunderstood Truss there pal. He was signing off the same hymn sheet as you, to begin with..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

I hate hearing about this with Gatti, very sad.

His death always appeared extremely suspicious, especially when his wife apparently was in the same hotel room as him for hours without realising he was dead!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

Wasn't the first time Gatti was murdered though was it??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wasn't the first time Gatti was murdered though was it??
Huh?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

Floyd Mayweather...........ko6

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wasn't the first time Gatti was murdered though was it??
Huh?

I believe Trus meant in the ring. Just before someone gets the wrong end of the stick....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:00 pm

Still insenstive though, to say the least

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

insensitive.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:insensitive.........

Lets not get held up on typos now shall we.

What money she'll reveal her accomplice(s) soon enough?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

If he was murdered........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

Who's June Cleaver?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Perfect wifey stereotype from Leave it to Beaver.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

Scottrf wrote:Perfect wifey stereotype from Leave it to Beaver.

American cultural reference?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down