The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business End of US Open

+8
Josiah Maiestas
Positively 4th Street
Simple_Analyst
barrystar
Tenez
bogbrush
Guest82
legendkillar
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Business End of US Open - Page 2 Empty Business End of US Open

Post by legendkillar Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are now getting to the business end of the US Open.

It has been disappointing. Flashes of great tennis. Federer really only producing a single dominant match with his straight sets victory over Juan Monaco. The first between Nadal and Nalbandian and also Dolgopolov and Djokovic. It is fair to say that Nadal, Djokovic and Murray have stumbled through the draw. Federer didn't really thrill the crowds against Tsonga, though Tsonga on an even slower court, cannot dictate points against Federer. These courts will not reward passive play. It will however draw the true shot-maker out of the player. For me an attacking performance will win this title. UE's stacked up. Look at the second set between Federer and Tsonga. Tsonga made only 2 winners. Tipsarevic missed a trick against Djokovic. Played some strange shots at crucial times. Instead of being 2 sets up, he lost in 4 sets.

Murray and Nadal will be in action today. Murray cannot afford a display against Isner in the ilk Young or Hasse. If Isner feels confident he will hammer anything short and Murray needs to be aware of that. I have no doubt however instead of Andy taking on riskier shots, he will break down the Isner BH.

If Roddick's FH is firing, he could power Nadal off the court. I think Roddick will be tricky for Nadal. Nadal won't be looking to feed Roddick anything short.

At this stage, I can only see a Federer 6th title. Granted he had lapses against Tsonga, but looking at how Djokovic has struggled in the last 2 rounds I cannot see that the passive play will work against Federer. Nadal and Murray or too out of form for me to mount any challenge, unless their game is upped dramatically. Federer is playing a Djokovic without the streak and without any lingering doubts about his form. That could ultimately be what sways it for Federer.

I am hoping to see a flurry of great tennis towards the end of this tournament. It needs it. I would like to see a Murray maiden Slam, but Rog will have the final say.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Business End of US Open - Page 2 Empty Re: Business End of US Open

Post by socal1976 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Cheers, SL you could definetly teach a couple people a few things about positivity on this site.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2