The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion

+6
jb1973
Kingshu
Smirnoffpriest
greybeard
red_stag
Notch
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion - Page 2 Empty Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion

Post by Notch Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just starting a thread for discussion of this game at the Sportsground- should be a pretty tight game! Certainly one Connacht are targeting for the win and trying to get the home fans out in force.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/23885.php

CONNACHT: 15 Gavin Duffy (capt), 14 Mark McCrea, 13 Eoin Griffin, 12 Henry Fa'afili, 11 Tiernan O'Halloran; 10 Matthew Jarvis, 9 Frank Murphy; 1 Ronan Loughney, 2 Adrian Flavin, 3 Rodney Ah You, 4 Michael Swift, 5 Mike McCarthy, 6 John Muldoon, 7 Ray Ofisa, 8 George Naoupu.

Replacements: Ethienne Reynecke, Brett Wilkinson, Stewart Maguire, Thomas Anderson, Johnny O'Connor, Paul O'Donohoe, Niall O'Connor, Brian Tuohy.

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/rugby/4154.php

SCARLETS: 15 Daniel Evans, 14 Lee Williams, 13 Rhodri Gomer Davies 12 Gareth Maule, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Newton, 9 Ruki Tipuna, 1 Iestyn Thomas (capt), 2 Emyr Phillips, 3 Rhys Thomas, 4 Aaron Shingler, 5 Dominic Day, 6 Rob McCusker, 7 Josh Turnbull, 8 Ben Morgan.

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Phil John, Simon Gardiner, Lou Reed, Johnathan Edwards, Rhodri Williams, Aled Thomas, Adam Warren.

Two debuts in there for the Scarlets; Ruki Tipuna makes his first start at 9 and Liam Williams is in on the wing. I expect a very close, tight match. My prediction; Connacht by 3.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

poissonrouge wrote:Who is commentating Grey?

I mean which network?

Galway Bay FM, the link is above somewhere.

But someone called twomint might help you out as well...

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Connacht vs Scarlets Discussion

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Its on Twomint .

Great maul from Connacht, really should have scored

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

diolch/thanks grey OK

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

New stand looks fantastic!

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Its on Twomint .

We asked for that before the game!!!!! Only just discovered that

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

I only started watching at halftime. Was listening to Ulster

Judging from the players reactions there another strongly worded letter perhaps from the Scarlets Wink

Good win for Connacht and deserved for the 2nd half. Cant comment on the first

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

Ah well, all over now, never mind!

Excellent result for Connacht, horrible game by the sound of it, though. Scarlets get the LBP, probably less than they deserve.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Gutted. Really gutted, that was ours for the taking. Lack of experience coming on from the bench really at key positions didn't help us. I knew games like this would be tough for us, but having lead for so long, I really believed we'd get it. Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

ha perhaps Stand! but all joking aside, it's farcical that we have such inexperienced refs in our league, it's dreadful. It was hugely frustrating for both sides and really hampered the match according to the comentators, and we should have a higher level of refereeing in all honesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Dreamer, I think as moderator you should take your frustration out on Standulstermen for not sharing the link with us Wink

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

don't worry Greybeard, he's got a marked card now.... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ha perhaps Stand! but all joking aside, it's farcical that we have such inexperienced refs in our league, it's dreadful. It was hugely frustrating for both sides and really hampered the match according to the comentators, and we should have a higher level of refereeing in all honesty.

Only teasing chief.

I assumed you all had a link as you were commenting on it! I didnt read the start of the thread. Honest! devil

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

You thought the Welsh moderator speaks fluent Irish? A likely story.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

humff, a likely story.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

To be honest i am too tired to notice. The wife is taking advantage of the early mornings and has decreed that i am up with the baby every day from now till the RWC ends

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

ooo ouch Stand. Still, never to young to try and convert your baby to loving rugby.... Am pretty sure that's what my Dad must have done with me!

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

Standulstermen wrote:To be honest i am too tired to notice. The wife is taking advantage of the early mornings and has decreed that i am up with the baby every day from now till the RWC ends

Planning an excuse for not providing a link, 9 months in advance, takes dedication. Well done.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ooo ouch Stand. Still, never to young to try and convert your baby to loving rugby.... Am pretty sure that's what my Dad must have done with me!

One step ahead of you Dreamer. The worrying thing is he seems to focus more on the french games!

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

Ha same thing happened to me, tis why they are still my 2nd fave team!

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Robocop official website...

Niall O'Connor's late penalty secured a 13-11 RaboDirect Pro12 defeat over the Scarlets as Connacht came from behind to celebrate the opening of their newly-refurbished Sportsground.

Surely you secure a win, not a defeat?

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

you would think so....

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Maybe the match report was written by the ref Headscratch

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:14 pm

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Great result for Connacht- didn't follow the game, so can't really comment on the reffing or anything else, but in terms of the scoreline great result. Absolutely delighted for Mark McCrea getting on the scoresheet and Niall O'Connor sticking that last penalty over.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

God damn Turks, messed up my Sports Guru system and lost tonight, after I backed them! steam

That's it, the Ospreys are gonna stick 70 points on them in the Liberty this season... I might of let them get away with 50 because rugbydreamer is such a nice Scarlets fan, but sadly it's going to have to be 70 now! Tumbleweed
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

ooerr, you might change your mind about me when you see my latest post on the O's thread!

Scarlets messed up my SG picks too though, had them to win by 3 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ooerr, you might change your mind about me when you see my latest post on the O's thread!

Scarlets messed up my SG picks too though, had them to win by 3 Sad

That's ok I will let you off that one...
The beauty of being an Ospreys supporter, is we know where the greatest team in the Universe and are totally unbeatable, and seeing as we have the most loving, friendly and patient supporters, who always back their team through think and thin, we are immune to banter from Scarlets, Blues and Dragons fans! kiss
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

....you forgot to mention that some of you might also be slightly deluded Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:....you forgot to mention that some of you might also be slightly deluded Wink

I over did it didn't I... I knew I shouldn't of used the word "patient".... but seeing at Hore is trying to rebrand us, I thought it best to give you the best bits of the Ospreys supporters!
🤦
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:09 pm

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2