The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India 4th ODI Debate

+14
Stellar Key
We Are Number 1!!!
paulscholes
guildfordbat
eirebilly
robbo277
liverbnz
ShankyCricket
alfie
LondonTiger
Liam_Main
Mad for Chelsea
trebellbobaggins
msp83
18 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

England vs India 4th ODI Debate - Page 7 Empty England vs India 4th ODI Debate

Post by msp83 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

So the 4th ODI is about to be underway.
1 change for England, Steven Finn comes in for Jade Dernbach. India going in with the same xi that lost a close match last time around.
Finn for Dernbach, I think is a good move, this being Finn's home ground, he should know the conditions pretty well. And he's a real wicket taker, although he may go for a few. Dernbach has been bowling too many slower ones these days, and the Indians seem to have decoded him to some extend.

India going in with PK, Munaf and RP Singh. Can't understand the logic of it. When will Varun Aaron get a game?
England winning the toss and bowling, on a track that should offer some early help to the pacers.
Your thoughts??

msp83

Back to top Go down

England vs India 4th ODI Debate - Page 7 Empty Re: England vs India 4th ODI Debate

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

When Raina and Dhoni bat like that there's not much weak about it really.

You can only play what's put in front of you and Eng have done that.

There's lots of improvement needed but I think the new era is off to a good start.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

England vs India 4th ODI Debate - Page 7 Empty Re: England vs India 4th ODI Debate

Post by Stellar Key Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

Forgot to say in all this excitement that back on the old 606 a thread asked what our expectations / predictions were for this summer.

I said then that winning both the test and the one day series would be a realistic objective. So i'm very pleased to see that England achieved this today. Awesome in the tests and competitive in the one days. I had total belief in England and it was great to see that they brought their all conquering attitude and high standard of cricket back to the UK this season.

Well done guys. Very Happy

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:24 am

another series win for england

come on!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:26 am

And India still haven't defeated us
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:48 am

I do think these limited over games are a bit of aphoney war though. Its practicaly reserve teams out there. England were perhaps lucky that Broads injury didnt cost them the game there.
Certainly been an amazing summer ( if it can still be called that?) in terms of results. I cant remember the last time England had a lossless streak like this across all forms of cricket (stretches back into the Sri Lanka series) and have won every series against both Sri Lanka and India both of who are strong sides in all formats.
It certainly was a barve prediction to make Stellar.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

both teams cant help injuries, no one knew before the tour started that the indian players would drop like flies lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Ind 280--5
Eng 270-8
How bad the luck can get??

I asked you guys before, how many dogs and cats are there in Britain??
More than the population of 60million human beings??
easily.
All the dogs and cats have PEEed on Team India's luck.
ghost ghost ghost ghost

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

india have been awful for the majoirty of the tour, but the young players seem to have injected some belief in the squad now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:india have been awful for the majoirty of the tour, but the young players seem to have injected some belief in the squad now.

🤦

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

[quote="Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler"]I do think these limited over games are a bit of aphoney war though. Its practicaly reserve teams out there. England were perhaps lucky that Broads injury didnt cost them the game there.
Certainly been an amazing summer ( if it can still be called that?) in terms of results. I cant remember the last time England had a lossless streak like this across all forms of cricket (stretches back into the Sri Lanka series) and have won every series against both Sri Lanka and India both of who are strong sides in all formats.
[i]It certainly was a barve prediction to make Stellar[/i]. [/quote]

I was genuinely confident about the tests as I thought we 'd ambush these opponents on bouncy green pitches. As it turned out we played fair and the wickets were good, yet we still wiped them out.

The objectives of the one dayers was a long shot but as i don't bet theres nothing to lose except a red face on the old 606. Smile India at full strength would expect to win but injuries , form and weather added to their burdens and England hung in there.

Now England have form and injury adding to their problems for the series in India. From my point of view we keep attacking both with both pace and a spinner to help out Swann. I don't we should even consider a backward step at this stage this year. Cool

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:india have been awful for the majoirty of the tour, but the young players seem to have injected some belief in the squad now.

🤦

what now??

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:

🤦

what now??
Just pulling your leg mate Hug Very Happy

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:both teams cant help injuries, no one knew before the tour started that the indian players would drop like flies lol.
thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

the middle order of england is certianly being tested now, and ben stokes dosent look like he can handle it at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:the middle order of england is certianly being tested now, and ben stokes dosent look like he can handle it at the moment.

thumbsup OK

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

i think in odi cricket, tendulkar should retire, zaheer should retire and harbajhan should retire..

rahane, aaron and ashwin should replace them in the long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

I think when Zaheer and Tendulkar are in the team, India are at there best. Good to experiment playing the young players but not when you have better players to come back. I do think Ashwin should replace Harbhajan though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

rohit sharma will be a key player for them in years to come as weel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

surely varun aaron has to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Bairstow to make his debut.

Where's James Taylor?

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

Wot not 5th odi thread. Erm

I think the start might get delayed as its gone very dark in Cardiff Rolling Eyes and its hammering down.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

I had a funny feeling the 5th game would be getting some rain.

it's chucking it down at the moment.

Hopefully they shall get some play as they say it's just a shower. I think they have the heavy rain that we in Cornwall were meant to be getting today.

If we get a game then surely this has to be Indias day. They cannot go a whole summer without winning aginst England surely? and the loss of Broad must help them.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Dhoni and the toss How many is that !

Maybe he should try paper scissors stone in the next series. Smile

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

He'll have more luck soon. It goes like that. Strauss seems to go through runs when he can't win a toss too. Poor chaps.

I always joke that his form with the coin is dire.

Someone on the bbc feed says it is now sunny in Penarth.

Problem with scheduling the game in Mid September is that the weather can be all over the place. The fact it's drying again now doesn't mean it won't tip it down again soon. One of the risk of being by the sea too.

As if to illustrate my point it has just started to rain here when it was sunny ten minutes ago (i am near the sea in the west too).

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Bairstow to make his debut.

Where's James Taylor?

Not in the squad. Bairstow's had a much better season, so it makes perfect sense.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

a very experimental England.. with the bowling we can expect India to hit out.. they of course do that anyway but not sure we can restrict them early today.. no Broad or Anderson.

of course it might all get washed away.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

It was a lovely misty morning but now the weathers arrived it's a lottery. If the weathers coming from off the sea then theres less chance of heavy showers than off the nearby hills.

England must be feeling good I hope this reflects in their bowling and Cooks field settings

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

Our is coming from the sea today, over from the North Coast (so in off the Atlantic).

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

and they start. 4 already.

out and about later so won't get to see this.

hows the crowd? have the whole of India turned up again?

got to be said they have stuck with their team whatever has happened. Must be desperate to send them home with a win.

8 an over.. 400 +for India then. and then rained off laughing

Why do Eng insist on letting India set the score and thus the tone of the match btw?

I'd think you might want such a young side to bat first.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

liverbnz wrote:
Hoggy_Bear wrote:Bairstow to make his debut.

Where's James Taylor?

Not in the squad. Bairstow's had a much better season, so it makes perfect sense.

In CB40 this year Bairstow averages 38.5 with a s/r of 115
Taylor averages 58.2 with a s/r of 96

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

wierd.. maybe they have a thing against dwarfs? Erm

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

That Indian bloke on sky.. he was still talking down Eng and everything seemed to be from the perspective that India were just superior.. they showed up Swann, they hit bigger, they have more talent.

He's painful to watch if actually support Emg, comes across as arrogant really.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Has Varun Aaron done something to upset Dhoni? He's been carrying drinks for a month now. I would've thought Dhoni would've given him one game as they both come from the same city.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Great batting conditions now . I think Trebbs idea of batting first might have been ok seeing how nice it is now. Erm

England could do with someone better fielding at point say..............Jonty Rhodes Cool

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

i had a good idea?

well i suppose you say enough things one of them will eventually make sense. Hug

To be fair I'd be amazed if it stays like this. Going to be very changeable I reckon.

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

[quote="trebellbobaggins"]i had a good idea?

well i suppose you say enough things one of them will eventually make sense. Hug [/quote]

The weather changed a lot or it was a rubbish idea Smile

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

laughing bit of both probably.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7