The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today

4 posters

Go down

Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today Empty Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today

Post by Noel Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm going to Spain a week today with box of toys and will be playing two courses namely PGA Catalonia and Golf Club D'Aro.

Has anyone played either course? I know from web Catalonia has two courses (don't know which course playing).

Opinions/guidance on either place would be most welcome. Staying in Playa D'Or and wonder if anyone has stayed there and can recommend places to eat and drink. Will involve very late nights! Also, does anybody know what weather like at moment. Can't wait.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today Empty Re: Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today

Post by Sand Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:30 am

Not sure what the weather will be like just now but i went to spain around Oct 2 years ago and it was perfect 25 degrees..

Im going to murcia 2 weeks today. Cant wait.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today Empty Re: Help about a golf trip to Spain a week today

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Just back from Murcia last night. The temp during the day is about 30. We played Wednesday morning 9.30 at Saurines, the temp at the start was about 18, rising to 29 by the time we finished.
I would advise playing as early in the day as possible, as the heat increases all during the day.

At 10.30 on Saturday night, the temp guage was still showing 30 degrees.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Noel Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 am

Blody hell! Did a bit more research and 90 degrees this coming weekend. That's too hot with buggy or not. Playing the stadium course at pga Catalonia and it looks amazing. It has a "fly by" on each hole on their website for each hole just like when shown on tourneys on tv. Will have to hope the lost balls don't outnumber my score. Should be fun though.

Sand, I went to Murcia in April, it was fantastic, stayed and played at La Torre, god that course was fun and tough. Bunkers that are the length of the fairway made it hiliarious to try and get loads of distance out of. Water is also good fun,surprisingly lots of wind to make it that bit easier too! Still can't beat sun on ones back.

One day got buggy but only allowed on path, next day got fairway rider that can use on fairway and so much better, On one occassion played on own using one of these with ipod playing throughout and shades on. Heaven.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Noel wrote:Blody hell! Did a bit more research and 90 degrees this coming weekend. That's too hot with buggy or not. Playing the stadium course at pga Catalonia and it looks amazing. It has a "fly by" on each hole on their website for each hole just like when shown on tourneys on tv. Will have to hope the lost balls don't outnumber my score. Should be fun though.

Sand, I went to Murcia in April, it was fantastic, stayed and played at La Torre, god that course was fun and tough. Bunkers that are the length of the fairway made it hiliarious to try and get loads of distance out of. Water is also good fun,surprisingly lots of wind to make it that bit easier too! Still can't beat sun on ones back.

One day got buggy but only allowed on path, next day got fairway rider that can use on fairway and so much better, On one occassion played on own using one of these with ipod playing throughout and shades on. Heaven.

Thats where I stayed and played two years ago La Torre. Really enjoyed it and was quite difficult. We played El Valle too, which was a touch circuit. This year we are staying at Roda. We are playing there, El Valle again, Las Colinas and Mar Menor. Playing Las Colinas twice and another possiblity of one other too so 6 rounds in four days we are actually there. Should be good.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 pm

La Torre is a pretty easy course, quite a bit of water, but no demanding carries and the fairways are generous. It's only a short course (5800 yards off the back tees) so is a gentle resort course.

El Valle and Hacienda Riquelme on the other hand are top courses with some challenging holes. I loved the desert style of El Valle. Strongest wind I have ever encountered was on Hacienda Riquelme... balls blown off greens, shots into the wind being pushed backwards in the air, course furniture rolling down the fairways... great fun but score goes out the window.

Anyway... PGA Catalunya is just awesome. Played the stadium course and loved it. There are some very intimidating shots if you want to take them on, but also bail out areas. Mounding on either side of the fairways means you are unlikely to lose many balls off the tee, the penalty for a poor tee shot is usually having to play your next shot from the rough with the ball well above or below your feet.

As for apres golf... surely just head to Barcelona!

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Yeah thats true about La Torre, maybe just being confused by the par 3s over water off the whites. It certainly is no where near as difficult as El Valle.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Sand wrote:[quote=Thats where I stayed and played two years ago La Torre. Really enjoyed it and was quite difficult. We played El Valle too, which was a touch circuit. This year we are staying at Roda. We are playing there, El Valle again, Las Colinas and Mar Menor. Playing Las Colinas twice and another possiblity of one other too so 6 rounds in four days we are actually there. Should be good.

If you are looking for another course in the area to play try "Saurines de la Torre", the course is magnificent, but there are no other facilities there at the moment.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down