The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)?

2 posters

Go down

Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)? Empty Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)?

Post by robbo277 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

We need to find a formula that works before the Scotland game and the knock-out stages. Although we can't take Georgia or Romania lightly, any players from the squad that we put out should be able to beat these teams, and we do have to look at combinations.

1. Stevens
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Wilson

A more dynamic front row then against Argentina, with Thompson and Wilson able to come on and shore things up in the scrum if it isn't going well.

4. Lawes
5. Palmer

18. Shaw

Assuming Lawes doesn't get cited, that's what I would go far. Surprised to see Palmer dropped to the bench for the Argentina match, I'd like to see him back in the engine room with Lawes. Shaw on the bench because I think he can really add value as a substitute.

6. Wood
7. Haskell
8. Easter (C)

19. Moody

If Moody's not physically fit enough to start send him home and call Fourie in. If Moody is physically fit I'd look to introduce him from the bench so he can work back to match fitness. On the pitch it's the Six Nations back row re-united, and I'd like to see how they go again.

9. Youngs
10. Flood

20. Simpson
21. Wilkinson

Youngs looked sharp when he came on but having been injured recently he'll need more minutes under his belt. Flood deserves to get another go, I'd give him this game and Wilkinson the Romania game before making a decision for the Scotland game. Simpson could do with getting his first cap off the bench in a low-profile game. Give him 20 minutes or so and see how he goes.

12. Hape
13. Tuilagi

22. Banahan

Tindall at 12 worked against Ireland, but not against Argentina. I'd like to see Hape get a go in there with Tuilagi to see how they get on. Banahan can come off the bench at centre or wing, and could cause carnage against weaker defences.

11. Armitage
14. Ashton
15. Foden

I'd like to see this back three given another run-out. Didn't shine against Argentina but didn't have much ball. Three naturally attacking players and if they get it right they could cut teams into pieces.

So 7 changes to the starting line-up from last week, but I don't think that it necessarily weakens our team. A strong squad that should be targeting 5 points from the Georgia game.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)? Empty Re: Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)?

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

Why no place for Haskell?

Do you think flying Fourie over is better than playing someone who is already there, and better?

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)? Empty Re: Who should start for England (Vs Georgia)?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:57 pm

He has Haskell at 7?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:12 pm

man sausage. Apologies. I'm a bit 'refreshed'.

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

ha, no worries, I thought maybe I'd just imagined seeing his name there when you questioned it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

I'll get my coat.

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

ha oops, you might have to, that went over my head a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down