The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAMMA 7

2 posters

Go down

BAMMA 7 Empty BAMMA 7

Post by gibbo104 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:26 am

Hi All,

Did anyone watch BAMMA 7 over the weekend? I watched the main card and thought I would pass on my opinion.

The Jack Marshman vs. Carl Noon fight for the vacant British Middleweight Championship belt was a joke. You have to give credit i suppose to Marshman for surviving Noon's 1st round beating but I have never seen anyone gas as much as Noon did in the 2nd and 3rd and I was shouting at Marshman to throw some kind of knee while Noon was bending over with his hands on his thighs trying to re-gas. I'm sorry but that fight didn’t create any prestige for that newly made belt.

The Andre Winner vs. Jason Ball fight was very technical (some say dull, I prefer technical) and a good fight IMO. Winner although never in danger against Ball, I don’t think Ball preformed badly against a more experience and ex UFC fighter.

The Paul Daley vs. Jordan Radev was an awesome fight. Loving the fact that Daley can stop take downs now. Radev was an Olympic wrestler and was only able to take Daley down in the 3rd after Daley was gassing and had beaten Radev up for 10 minutes straight. Great chin and heart shown by Radev and glad to see Daley back in the W Colum, but seriously 6lbs overweight by Daley not very professional...

The Frank Trigg vs. Jim Wallhead I think just showed that Trigg should really start to think about retirement. This fight was initially supposed to be against Tom Watson who I think not only would have beat up Trigg a lot more but also in a 5 round fight would definitely sent him into retirement and got the TKO stoppage. Sorry Trigg mate but someone with your experience should have beat Wallhead.

All in all a good card and I am looking forward to BAMMA 8 where I believe Nate "the great" Marquardt will be making his BAMMA debut.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

BAMMA 7 Empty Re: BAMMA 7

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Thanks for that.

Trigg needs to retire badly! Surely his pay packet doesn't even cover his costs and I can't believe he has big sponsorship deals.

Glad Daley won, he's still a player a top 10 player at WW and with his improving ground game he could be a serious threat to others within a year.

Daley is till in his 20's but a 40 plus fight veteran so he still has plenty of time so hopefully he's back in the big time soon.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down