The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a change in balance

3 posters

Go down

a change in balance Empty a change in balance

Post by welshy824 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

right after a day of rage and distraught i have been looking for positives- while there are many from the match, it is not the match i want to focus on, but the result. but before i talk about the result i want to say about the kick, it doesnt matter if it was over or not and i think warburton summed it up perfectly, we have to move on now.

now about the result, i personally didnt known whether to breakdown or just pure rage at the end of the match at the score, I MEAN ONE BLOODY POINT!?!?!?!?!
but the fact is lets look at the inexperience in that team and how well they performed and lets look even further back, if we welshmen/women were told after going out in the pool stages in 2007 that we would lose to the world champions by one point AWAY from home, then i think many of us would have laughed. And i think the players would be delighted at the fact they came so close to one of the big three but look at sundays result, the players were all gutted i mean look at the post match interviews, how sombre and deflated the players were, now every other result we have had against a big 3 nation at home we have lost with in about 2 scores most, and we have been reasonably pleased as fans- we have complained about silly mistakes but lets be honest we didnt believe we could win. YET here we are today all feeling gutted about the result- i firmly believe this siginals a change in the balance of welsh rugby- this proves that we can compete with the best at the highest level, and when you consider the lack of xp in our squad compared to the world champions this is a positive sign.

also to all those doubters of gatland over past few years i think he proved you wrong, some big calls with priestland and toby f starting but it almost paid off, and i think one of the biggest things he did is he put confidence within the squad, the belief that wales could perform and could beat any team when they try.

sadly our "day" didnt come but i think with the way this squad bonded and played together with that confidence there is no reason to fear the so called big 3.

and well done to SA again, regardless of the penalty you showed the world why you were the world champs- not an impressive performance but you got the win.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

a change in balance Empty Re: a change in balance

Post by GavinDragon Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

i think it shows what we have known all along, that we have the players who-when playing at 100%-can put themselves in positions to win matches aainst the top teams in the world,

HOWEVER

i stress it counts for nothing if we do not beat samoa and fiji (and namibia),

and we must look for consistancy of performance from now on

CYMRU AM BYTH!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:26 pm

I knew we were playing well when both my English housemates were cheering on Welsh players and screaming at the ref Laugh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down