The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Nadal Mentally Weak?

4 posters

Go down

Is Nadal Mentally Weak? Empty Is Nadal Mentally Weak?

Post by luciusmann Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:13 am

To be 100% upfront, I didn't watch any of the match but I did see the score after 2 games & it was Nadal 2 & Djokovic 0, yet the latter won? That means Djokovic won 6 games in a row to defeat Nadal in the first set. Many call Federer mentally weak after he got steam rolled by Nadal (@ the French), but surely this is worse?

This time around, Nadal was lucky to sneak a set via a tie breaker but got rewarded by a bread stick in the following set. Whoever said Fed bad? @ least he got 2 match points against Djokovic, Nadal got NONE. Djokovic is deservedly World No.1 & I say that as a Fed fan! Well done Djoko!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Is Nadal Mentally Weak? Empty Re: Is Nadal Mentally Weak?

Post by bogbrush Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:21 am

No, he was a mental giant to be fair. He just can't run far enough to play his limited game against the greatest retriever of all time.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:27 am

This one was coming from someone Smile.
Like BB says that the match was more like a boxing duel, 2 players try to knock each other out. Had the played one more set they both would have gone out on a stretcher. Barring few points the quality was at nadir.

like someone put that Roger deliverately lost as he wanted rafa to stop from winning any more slams. TBF I was unperturbed by his loss as I cannot stand Rafa winning any more slam.

How bigger affect this is going to have on Rafa's psyche? Can others too take advantage of this particular weakness of his?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:16 am

The funny thing is that I read up about the game and Nadal led in the first set 2 - 0 and this was also the case starting the second set. All Nadal had to do was hold onto his serve but just like @ Wimbledon, Djokovic could break Nadal @ will. Djokovic had to work pretty hard to break Federer and he didn't get 11 times to break Federer, even though that match was longer (by sets played).

So that's 6 out of 6 finals lost to Djokovic, did Fed ever lose that many matches all in finals to Nadal @ his peak? I don't think so.

As we seen with Fed, this can be a slippery road but in the case of Fed, clearly age is more the issue. I was pleased to see someone like Djokovic, who has a real sense of humour win. It is rather ironic that the two players who don't particularly like each other (Fed and Djoko) has seen one of them help the other by protecting his legacy. We won't really know if Djokovic will really prove he's the real deal and amongst the all time greats yet. But what we can be sure is that he's well on his way to cementing Fed's position at the summit.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:11 am

Not really bogbrush; i've heard Rafa's mentality dips below freezing when asked to go for a flat shot... Whistle
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down