The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Goings On

Go down

Royal Goings On Empty Royal Goings On

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

Interesting developments in Meath as of late with the new appointments, one of our greats ponders his next GAA career move and all out civil war almost breaks out. The latest county board meeting was quite a heated affair with banty coming under a bit of fire especially from some of our former selectors. Speaking of which Geraghty has been appointed one of our new selectors but insists he still wants to play as well, he seemed good for the time he got this season and it wasn't the disaster some of us (myself included) were expecting. Although this should only be short term and he really shouldn't juggle both duties imo.

The biggest development however is the appointment of Sean Boylan as our new director of football, a bit like King Kenny returning to the reds I feel this will lead to decent results and an improvement in general. However county officers Eamon Barry and Dudley Farrel have hit out that they haven't been consulted about it. Thankfully banty has been mature about it and hasn't reacted negatively to the criticism but after a rather disappointing season and fiery county meeting I've seen some Meath supporters on the net calling for banty to go. Above all I'm hoping that Boylans's appointment gives stability and new structures to the county set-up, that it gets people communicating more and avoiding internal scuffles like what was seen not just on Monday but when Geraghty made his comeback also. Atm we need stability and continuity, we have a decent team and hopefully these new appointments bring in new talent and improve morale to put us on the path to move up a notch in the championship, to start challenging.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down