The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khav vs Bradley

+8
Jamson
Scottrf
hampo17
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Youarethegreatest
D4thincarnation
John Bloody Wayne
azania
12 posters

Go down

Khav vs Bradley Empty Khav vs Bradley

Post by azania Thu 24 Feb 2011, 9:49 pm

July 23.

Simple question. Who wins?

Khan for me by UD (3-4 rounds).

azania

Back to top Go down

Khav vs Bradley Empty Re: Khav vs Bradley

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:13 pm

Kahn by UD. I think it would be another exciting fight though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Kahn by UD. I think it would be another exciting fight though.

Unfortunately I dont think it would be. I see khan running for all 12 rounds taking no chances. I dont see Khan as chinny, but I reckon Khan sees himself as chinny hence him running behing pitta patter jabs all night long. Bradley is not fast of foot enough to get close to Amir.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:43 pm

Khan has said the only thing he has to worry about is Bradley's big head, which is his most dangerous weapon.

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/bradley-alexander.jpg

It is a joke how Bradley is saying Khan is running from him, when has Khan had a chance to face him.

July 23rd in Vegas questions will be answered. Tough fight for Khan but should win a UD by about 4 rounds

“I was shocked that he said I was running from him,” said Khan. “I had a fight with Maidana and I knew he was fighting Alexander. I never said once that I wouldn’t fight him. I was the one pushing this fight against Bradley, so how can he say that I’m scared of him? I want this fight to happen in the summer so he’d better be ready. The only thing I have to worry about in that fight is his head.”

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:56 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Khan has said the only thing he has to worry about is Bradley's big head, which is his most dangerous weapon.

It is a joke how Bradley is saying Khan is running from him, when has Khan had a chance to face him.

July 23rd in Vegas questions will be answered. Tough fight for Khan but should win a UD by about 4 rounds

“I was shocked that he said I was running from him,” said Khan. “I had a fight with Maidana and I knew he was fighting Alexander. I never said once that I wouldn’t fight him. I was the one pushing this fight against Bradley, so how can he say that I’m scared of him? I want this fight to happen in the summer so he’d better be ready. The only thing I have to worry about in that fight is his head.”

how do you figure that? I initially thought khan would pitapat and run for 12 and win but Im one of the only guys who thinks khan's stock fell hugely in the maidana fight. He isnt as good or as complete as I thought he was. He is very very one dimensional, Bradley knows too much for him. It'll be an inside fight all night Khan wont know what to do. Bradley wins by comfortably. Bradley is very advanced

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:01 pm

Bradley.

Khan utilises reasonable lateral movement, a sound jab and a high guard. BUT he isn't naturally defensive, he doesn't handle pressure well and he is clumsy with his feet while attacking which leaves him open.

Bradley has good upper body movement, is very quick inside and up close and is physically very strong at the weight. He's not the biggest puncher, but you don't need to be to hurt khan. Bradley loops some of his shots which leaves him open, which could be a factor.

But khan cant cope well with effective pressure, which is what Bradley will bring. We saw how maidana was able to walk him down at times, and how he was able to land overhand rights and uppercuts up close. Bradley is much quicker and more accurate than maidana inside, and faster coming forward. Khans high guard jab jab flurry and run tactics are effective against technicians like kotelnik and paulie who stand off him, but Bradleys strong, effective pressure fighting style will be too much for khan over 12 rounds IMO and I'd expect Bradley to stop him in the championship rounds.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:03 pm

Khan just has to watch for that head, it has ended a few fights for Bradley.

Khan needs to improve his condition a bit, it was because he tired against Maidana that Maidana was able to catch him.

Bradley has a good overhand right and Maidana caught Khan with that shot a lot, but that and Bradley head is the only danger and Roach will have a game plan to cope with that.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:05 pm

I have a feeling that Khan wanted too prove a few doubters wrong in the Maidana fight and that's why he stood and traded instead of the hit and move tactics we had seen before, even against Paulie he used hit and move. Something tells me as well that Roach wasn't impressed by his antics against Maidana and will have it drilled into him that Bradley is and inside fighter and if Khan stands still for one second it'll allow Bradley onto the inside.

Roach will have his gameplan, can Khan stick too it is the question.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

hampo171 wrote:I have a feeling that Khan wanted too prove a few doubters wrong in the Maidana fight and that's why he stood and traded instead of the hit and move tactics we had seen before, even against Paulie he used hit and move.
Big differences being that 1) Malignaggi can't punch 2) He didn't really try and get on the inside. Khan could use hit and move because he wasn't being closed and Paulie seemed happy enough to stay at range. Khan's jab looked great there to control the fight, not so much against an opponent who is happy to take a few to work inside. It raised as many questions as answers for me. Can definitely see why someone would pick Bradley, but I slightly favour Khan.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:56 am

Bradley is far more skilled than people give him credit for. Though khan has such fast hands a decent power that I would still have to favour him against everyone at 140 and a fair few at 147. But....

I also LOL at people who believe the maidana fight put to bed Khans chin issues.. Khan would have been taken out by any world class fighter in round 10 with a bit more intelligence... he was out on his feet.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Feb 2011, 7:43 am

Jamson wrote:I also LOL at people who believe the maidana fight put to bed Khans chin issues.. Khan would have been taken out by any world class fighter in round 10 with a bit more intelligence... he was out on his feet.
Right. All they need is Maidana to put him out on his feet like that and then tag them in, they will finish him off.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:33 am

Youarethegreatest wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Khan has said the only thing he has to worry about is Bradley's big head, which is his most dangerous weapon.

how do you figure that? I initially thought khan would pitapat and run for 12 and win but Im one of the only guys who thinks khan's stock fell hugely in the maidana fight. He isnt as good or as complete as I thought he was. He is very very one dimensional, Bradley knows too much for him. It'll be an inside fight all night Khan wont know what to do. Bradley wins by comfortably. Bradley is very advanced

Speed wins. Khan has a decent punch to earn Bradley's respect. If Witter can give Bradley issues, Khan will run away with the decision. Most people believed that Khan's stock rose immesureably against Maidana. Bradley would have been out if he took a punch like that.

Do they make gloves for heads?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

Evander Holyfield is in a patent dispute with B-Hop for that one.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 25 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Evander Holyfield is in a patent dispute with B-Hop for that one.

Have you noticed that boxer that like to headbutt shave their heads.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 25 Feb 2011, 3:20 pm

Like Valuev.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 5:24 pm

azania wrote:
Youarethegreatest wrote:

Speed wins. Khan has a decent punch to earn Bradley's respect. If Witter can give Bradley issues, Khan will run away with the decision. Most people believed that Khan's stock rose immesureably against Maidana. Bradley would have been out if he took a punch like that.

Do they make gloves for heads?

speed kills if the other guy's slow. Bradley's pretty quick himself.
Having no defence especially on the inside also kills, look at tyson holyfield, tyson doesnt know what to do. contrast that with toney holyfield- i know holyfield was past his best but the theory remains the same. Toney was very confortable under attack on the inside and picked holyfield apart. I think Bradley may even stop khan

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 25 Feb 2011, 6:45 pm

i have amir winning this one by stoppage, he's got the reach and speed and if he keeps his distance shouldn't have a problem. khan will catch bradley on the way in all night, i think bradley is a bit to carless

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 25 Feb 2011, 7:01 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i have amir winning this one by stoppage, he's got the reach and speed and if he keeps his distance shouldn't have a problem. khan will catch bradley on the way in all night, i think bradley is a bit to carless

Agree. Bradley is sloppy, and doesn't look good against rangey fighters that can jab. Doubt this one will be a classic though.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Sat 26 Feb 2011, 12:53 am

Scottrf wrote:
Jamson wrote:I also LOL at people who believe the maidana fight put to bed Khans chin issues.. Khan would have been taken out by any world class fighter in round 10 with a bit more intelligence... he was out on his feet.
Right. All they need is Maidana to put him out on his feet like that and then tag them in, they will finish him off.

Top class fighters would have finished him off or at least forced a ref stoppage. De la Hoya would have flurried the shizzle out of him

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 26 Feb 2011, 9:13 am

Jamson wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Top class fighters would have finished him off or at least forced a ref stoppage. De la Hoya would have flurried the shizzle out of him
How did you manage to miss my point so spectacularly? Who is to say 'top class fighters' can land a punch on him as powerful as the one that had him so shook?

You don't get to sub in a new boxer after 10 rounds, and quite a few would be worn out by then, including Oscar 'Fader' De La Hoya.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:20 am

Khan by UD. I haven't been to impressed with Bradley recently. Khan has most of the physical advantages, and if he doesn't get involved in a brawl and sticks to roach's game plan he should win by 3 to 4 rounds.
Boxing Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

GeoffSnapes wrote:Khan by UD. I haven't been to impressed with Bradley recently. Khan has most of the physical advantages, and if he doesn't get involved in a brawl and sticks to roach's game plan he should win by 3 to 4 rounds.
Boxing Challenges

That's the point Geoff, Bradley is a high quality opponent and will make this an inside fight. I think he'll smother him all night

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 01 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

Khan by wide UD.

I think he'll make Bradley look bad.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down