The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m

+11
Mad for Chelsea
sportykeppy-1
gary
djlovesyou
icecold
Liam_Main
Diggers
english_osprey
Izzymiyagh1
ryanbailey
dammage7
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m - Page 3 Empty imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m

Post by dammage7 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

I think This race would get someone below 20s

im just glad to be witnessing these fast men!!!!

dammage7

Back to top Go down

imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m - Page 3 Empty Re: imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m

Post by bigjonatkinson Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

Hello, pedants corner here:

Merga ran a number of diamond league meets, in fact I would say that he probably ran as much if not more than the other top guys. If memory serves he was just behind Mo in the 10000m in Eugene and the 5000m in Monaco. His infamous razor elbows also caused Solinsky to bomb out of one of the big races this year.

Maybe you were referring to Jeilan? If so I believe he lives in Japan and races there.

My views on this topic:
Obviously neither side here has any evidence to support their claims, but for my personal view I've tried to remember back to when I've witnessed what would later prove to be eras in the sprints where doping was rife (80's/ early 90's, BALCO era etc.) and compare to the current day.

Whats happening now certainly feels like it did when the aforementioned doping was happening. Thats not to say there definitely is widespread doping, it's just my hunch from comparing to past doping eras that it is. Furthermore, I am not just talking about Jamaica. The times of Jeter, Gay, Dix, Lemaitre and others should all not be beyond scrutiny either.

bigjonatkinson

Back to top Go down

imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m - Page 3 Empty Re: imagine Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m

Post by gary Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

If we return to topic issue Bolt Vs Gay Vs Dix Vs Blake 200m, my opinion its will be the greatest sprint battle in athletics history.
Battle of similar possibilities.
And very very exciting for the spectators.

gary

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

bigj

agreed, it just has that feeling
obviously i have no direct evidence but the circumstantial stuff is starting to mount now.
most certainly it's not just jamaicans. unfortunately they're just the most high profile

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

english_osprey wrote:
Just imagine a situation where a few countries had a very advanced ped situation. The one I am describing. Almost everything that has happened in athletics over the last few years can be explained by that 'imaginary scenario'.

super-fast sprinting times
enormous dominance in certain events (but not others)by certain countries
several low-level masking agent type drug failures (blake and fraser)
the occaisional medium profile bust (mullings)
the relatively poor showing of countries that take drug testing seriously

English bird, that is not a bad argument (your first time at posting facts). Well done! And well done for keeping away from the digs/jibes and your usual stuff. You've posted a nice intelligent post, it is nice to read and non offensive.

Anyway, school has just finished, I'll try and think up something later for my homework, but i must go as mummy says my dinner is ready. Remember, keep it nice.

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

Hello

Very Happy

Okay, okay, after much deliberation, not to mention a protracted consultation with the Eastern Oracle, I, Emancipator, have decided that petty squabbling rules have now been reinstated.

My children,

Ye may petty squabble, 'till your hearts' content.

ding, ding: round 25

ghost

emancipator - intergalactic diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

thanks fellah

I read this after I read the Paula thread, so don't go there ok?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

There is nothing unusual about Jamaica despite its small population producing world class sprinters ,in such high numbers.

The Caribbean has arguably the most athletic people in the world (P4P). Over recent years we have seen world champions from the Bahamas, Barbados, St. Kitts Nevis, T&T and now Grenada (Kirani James didn’t just turn up out of the blue), not to mention the Cubans.

Someone ask the question? How come Jamaica is producing so many world class sprinters all of a sudden? Nothing unusual here: The tradition of athletics goes back over a century and athletics is a national pastime. This is the golden generation.
This is analogous to Spain recent success in football.

The same could be said of West Indies Cricket in the late 70s to early 90s. During that period the West Indies churned out an all conquering team full of all time greats. That was the golden years.

Population size has nothing to do with it. Barbados and with a population of under 300,000 has produced more great cricketers than: India with a population of 1.2 billion and arguably more great cricketer than England a population of 60 million.

PS: Blake ran 10.11 (the Jamaica Junior Record) for the 100m when he was still in Secondary School (I guess he was on PEDs back then?). He was 17 at the time. He was destined for greatness. He also ran 20.57 at the age of 17.

He didn’t just turn up out of the blue. 4 years ago I mentioned that the world should look out for him on the old BBC 606 forum.

Bolt was a prodigy as well. He ran 19.93 for the 200 aged 17 (I guess he was on PED back then?).

Be on the lookout for Odean Skeen as well: He ran 10.42 at the age of 15 (I guess he is on PED as well). There are many more like them in Jamaica

I guess Christophe Lemaitre is on PED as well? This is the golden age of sprinting.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

oh browny

you're like the man who's been asleep for a year

why not try what the forums are talking about now rather than in the past

we have discussed and agreed that (as always) jamaica has fantastic JUNIOR sprinters. Why, because irrespective of their actual age jamaicans and west africans sprinters appear to be fully fledged men rather than boys at much earlir ages than other nationalities.

However in the past junior talent hasn't led to senior success. no olympic sprint medals for 30 years before bolt? now they appear to not only have a achieved a successful transition but to have 5 of the 7 fastest of all time. To use your own arguement, where are the rest of the carribean re worlds fastest times?

'The Caribbean has arguably the most athletic people in the world '
No they don't - they have the worlds best sprinters and that's about it

'Barbados and with a population of under 300,000 has produced more great cricketers than: India with a population of 1.2 billion and arguably more great cricketer than England a population of 60 million.'

yeah, right

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

'Barbados and with a population of under 300,000 has produced more great cricketers than: India with a population of 1.2 billion and arguably more great cricketers than England a population of 60 million.'

''yeah, right''

Just to digress a bit EO.

Please provide evidence to the contrary.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

'The Caribbean has arguably the most athletic people in the world '

No they don't - they have the worlds best sprinters and that's about it

You missed of P4P?

What about the Cuban jumpers, throwers etc? Is Cuba not a part of the Caribbean?

Again please provide evidence to the contrary.

Isnt athletics the purest forms of sport? It is the main olympic sport, with over 200 countries competing across the various discipline, the most democratic of sports, the most athletic (no pun intended) of all sport. Taking all those factors into consideration the caribbean is indeed the most atheltic of nations.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

i missed the p4p bit, pound for pound?

couldn't say what the genetic make up of cuba was. but once again where is their world domination of anything? they have some success but what of jamaica where are your throwers, middle/long distance etc if your traing regimes are that good?
if you read this thread, 1 poster asks if there has been a large improvement in the last few years due to techncal knowledge how come the 'less-technical' events like 100m has shown the biggest improvement?
In other words where are your technical athletes?

The obvious answer is that it's easier to drug power events(like sprinting) rather than 'technical' stuff

Back to the same point - you don't excell at athletics you excell at sprinting. There's a world of difference. Just have a look back through olympic history

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

I was expecting a homophobic joke punchline when I opened this thread.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

bummer

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

It would be funny if these did all come out as being doppers in a few years time.

I enjoyed reading this thread fellas thumbsup killed an hour in work

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

english_osprey wrote:bummer

Smile very nice.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3