The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset?

4 posters

Go down

Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset? Empty Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset?

Post by GSC Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset? Empty Re: Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset?

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 17 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Somerset didn't choke. They were playing a team in top form today! Bubbly

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset? Empty Re: Bigger chokers: South Africa or Somerset?

Post by hodge Sat 17 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

i think it was a mixture of the two corporal, i was only listening to our innings on TMS but it sounded like a player would get to 10 or so then try and go big, the occasion got the best of them and only Buttler seemed to be able to play it.

But none the less well done Surrey and another bad day for somerset

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 17 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

Hodge - I do believe our skipper played and planned it much better than yours today.

Tres and Kies had started well and were looking good when Tres got himself needlessly stumped.

It was clear with about a dozen overs of our innings left that you needed wickets for a win. I thought Tres should have gambled then and bowled Kirby and Thomas out. We ended up winning with more than two overs to spare with neither having bowled their full allocation. Not saying it would have made a real difference but it would have shown an attempt to get control of the game back rather than letting it drift away.

Hyphen (Hamilton-Brown) in contrast juggled and mixed up our bowlers very well. He was very effective in getting 16 overs (ie two bowlers' full allocations) and three wickets out of a ''combo'' of Spriegel, Schofield and Ansari.

Hyphen also batted very well following his ''life'' when dropped by Kartik off the unlucky Thomas.

In case this comes across as Surrey gloating, let me also say that Buttler played incredibly well showing tremendous ability and maturity beyond his years. The only Somerset batsman who seemed to understand the importance of sticking with him was Steve Kirby.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:48 am

Is it 5 straight finals now?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:31 am

yup and a 2nd place in county championship if you want to count that from last year

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

south africa defitniely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down